Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
    Presenting Percy heads here rather than the 4 miler. He definitely stays and acts on the course, RSA shaping up into a nice renewal.
    Is that confirmed CPFC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Is that confirmed CPFC?
      Reynolds said: "I’d like to see some let-up with regard to the rain if they are to run, though I'd like to run them. The ground is testing. The plan is that Presenting Percy will go in the RSA Chase at Cheltenham, Mall Dini the National Hunt Chase as a second-season novice."
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Is that confirmed CPFC?
        Yeah. Owner says Mall Dini 4 miler and PP here is the plan.

Wouldn't have been my choice personally.

I think there's a big chance Monalee goes JLT!

I backed the monalee / PP double at 127/1 and 65/1 NRNB last week. Think i mentioned it. Might add it again!

Comment

• I completely forgot to add the quote, cheers Scooby

Comment

• PP not for me in this but if it shunts Monalee JLT he’d have a massive chance surely

Comment

• Excellent. It doesn't do much for my bets but I'd be doing the same if I owned them.

Comment

• Where was this quote taken from and when please about presenting percy and mall dini

Comment

• Lot of the quotes from this article today - touches on a lot of horses. Well worth a read:

It is unlikely that Samcro will drop back in distance at the Dublin Racing Festival, with a potential clash with Willie Mullins' Next Destination on the cards in the Lacy & Partners Solicitors Novice Hurdle on February 3.

Comment

• I imagine that the trainers are thrilled that their owners are so open.

Comment

• I'm pleased for Davy. It would have been harsh if he was unable to ride either of them, considering he's won on them both at the festival.

Comment

I'm pleased for Davy. It would have been harsh if he was unable to ride either of them, considering he's won on them both at the festival.
                        Fair to say that's the current plan. Presenting percy likely to have another run before the festival. And unless he avoids the graded horses and it's a quiet one in a novice under a penalty, It's not set in stone he goes here
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Nothing is set in stone in this game but I like the current plan.

Comment

• Does anyone have any ideas or thinking behind the Presenting Percy run in the Galmoy Hurdle tomorrow?

My only thinking is that they have the Irish Grand National in mind and don't want to raise his mark? That made me doubt whether Cheltenham may even be on the cards (bypass like Our Duke did last season) but that goes against the comments from connections 2 days ago. And looking at when the weights came out for the Irish National last season - 7th March

Gordon Elliott is responsible for 28 of the 124 entries for the BoyleSports Irish Grand National as he seeks to land that elusive first success in the Fairyhouse feature on Easter Monday.

Which would mean his RSA/Cheltenham run wouldn't effect his mark?

So very much looks like a spin out tomorrow, onto the RSA and then the Irish National*

Makes me slightly uneasy on his chances in the RSA I have to admit and whether he will be fully tuned up and if it came to a fight up the hill whether he'd be asked for maximum effort? For all the Cheltenham Festival is generally the pinnacle, you're looking at a price difference of:

1st in the RSA : £85k (approx €97,000)
                            1st in the Irish National : €270,000

*would be interested in a price for him this far out but surely won't be missed and any request for one would likely see a short price introuduced

Has anyone seen quotes from the trainer / owner on tomorrow?

Comment

• If Presenting Percy runs in this, I can’t see him getting beaten. I do like the theory above about the Irish National above though.

Spring ground, he’s an even better horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                                If Presenting Percy runs in this, I can’t see him getting beaten. I do like the theory above about the Irish National above though.

Spring ground, he’s an even better horse.
                                I am now looking at Percy for this race. Speed for a 3m hurdle still after being campaigned over fences, he has the stamina too, for me he is looking a solid option.

Comment

Working...
                                X