Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Ah that makes more sense! I thought it would have been an odd to do!

So, who wins the RSA? I'm a little surprised as scooby highlighted that Presenting Percy has had a trim for this race!

Black Corton just cannot get my juices flowing. Surely, surely the Kauto Star was their day... the end of a tremendous run? Tempted by the 20s just because I think it'lll be shorter. What is the Kauto Star winners record actually.... isn't it quite poor BUT doesn't include Coneygree who won the Gold Cup? I'm pretty confident that is the 'trend' which I am pretty happy to ignore.... although I don't need many reasons not to fancy Black Corton.
    I remember at cheltenham in October thinking it's got to be the end of a good run for Black Corton , But what do you know !,
    Gone on winning and running well , so had to have a small bet at 20-1 , . R.S.A.

Comment

• Im not unduly worried by Monalee's fall. He'll be out again before the RSA and I fully expect him to blow the field away. Ive gone and taken some 7s, and put him in a yankee.

Comment

• Is still think this could be Monalee's race. Hopefully no ill effects from fall, if fit Definitly the one to beat for me come March

Comment

• Alan King has said Yanworth will probably go up in trip next time and probably for the RSA depending on what else the owner has.

Comment

• Sizing Tennessee's trainer Colin Tizzard said: "I thought we'd got by but we never quite got by up the run-in. He is a good horse now. He would in all probability have beaten Black Corton first time up but he frightened himself at the top of the hill.

"He won last time and we schooled him this week and he looked like he was back. I think he will be RSA-bound now."

Hope so, push Elegant Escape to 4 miles and put Finians Oscar in the JLT. (Don't fancy FO much anymore regardless but still have some open JLT multiples)

Comment

• He's got ability and he jumped well today. Personally I think Finians should come here as it's obvious he's a 3m chaser in the making. However I wouldn't be surprised to see Finians skip the festival either. He needs to brush up going into his open year.

Yanworth still not fully convincing and I think he'll be found out on good ground in March too. He prefers some cut for sure.

I'm looking for a left field angle into this race- any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                He's got ability and he jumped well today. Personally I think Finians should come here as it's obvious he's a 3m chaser in the making. However I wouldn't be surprised to see Finians skip the festival either. He needs to brush up going into his open year.

Yanworth still not fully convincing and I think he'll be found out on good ground in March too. He prefers some cut for sure.

I'm looking for a left field angle into this race- any suggestions?
                Mia's Storm was 25/1 pre Kauto Star race, fell too far out to know if she'd have won, but is still 25/1 and was Fav for the Kauto Star.... effective on better ground too....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Mia's Storm was 25/1 pre Kauto Star race, fell too far out to know if she'd have won, but is still 25/1 and was Fav for the Kauto Star.... effective on better ground too....
                  Kev,
                  MS would be interesting on better ground. She hated it in the Kauto making lots of mistakes. She was well beat when falling. She's much better than that showing. King?? festival??
                  Did you see Bachasson? now this could be interesting for this race Imo

Comment

• Bachasson isn't a novice, doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Bachasson isn't a novice, doc.
                      you're right Archie. Ryanair it is then...............

Comment

• If you're looking away from the head of the market I think you can do worse than take the 33s available for Fountains Windfall. Many will be put off by the 2 Fs next to his name on his last 2 runs....as am I obviously...but watching him back I don't actually think either fall was a big technique issue, and I also don't think it was due to tiredness. Had he stood up on both occasions he'd have finished in front of Elegant Escape, Black Corton, et al.

Has question marks obviously but what 33/1 poke doesn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                          If you're looking away from the head of the market I think you can do worse than take the 33s available for Fountains Windfall. Many will be put off by the 2 Fs next to his name on his last 2 runs....as am I obviously...but watching him back I don't actually think either fall was a big technique issue, and I also don't think it was due to tiredness. Had he stood up on both occasions he'd have finished in front of Elegant Escape, Black Corton, et al.

Has question marks obviously but what 33/1 poke doesn't?
                          He was my planned bet for the dipper yesterday at 16s before understandably taken out.

Haven't looked if he's in there but I'd have thought he'd be close to 3 figures on the exchange.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 2 January 2018, 09:58 AM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• If he was close to 3 figures someones took it. 30s now

Comment

• I'm in, trainer says he is aiming at this race on ATR today, and can get my favourite 37.75/1 price boost price with WH

Comment

• Anthony Honeyball is keen to get a run into Fountains Windfall this weekend before stepping back up in class for the Reynoldstown Chase at Ascot next month.

He holds two entries at Kempton and one at Warwick after falling when leading the Kauto Star Novices' Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day.

"I've put him in all sorts, my head is a bit scrambled when it comes to him, I'm just trying to get some luck," said Honeyball.

"He's in a Listed chase at Kempton but I'm sure that won't be the right race for him, he's in a three-mile handicap and one that was reopened as well. I just need to get a clear round into him somewhere.

"To say he's fallen the last twice, he's not a bad jumper. I watched Kempton again and he jumped fantastically but just gave one a nudge and laid down basically.

"The Reynoldstown is where I want to run him and I need something between now and then. We've been to the races twice and not had a hard race so it would be a good to get a run now then it's a month to the Reynoldstown and a month until the RSA."

Comment

Working...
                                X