Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
    Really like Sutton Place also and been waiting to push the button on him. 12s with Hills any race might be the safe bet, I actually think he has the pace for the Arkle and think it will be that race or this one for him. JP obviously has Yanworth as well but I’d say he’ll run them both in the race they stand the best chance of winning. Who are JP’s arkle horses? Struggle to see one at first glance now Movewiththetimes is potentially going up in trip
    Personally think movewiththetimes will end up in a handicap, I can't think of a jp arkle horse. Unless defi de seuil still went chasing. He often dosent mind running an outsider so poss landofhopeandglory the only logical runner I can think of.
    Dark one but chirico vallis could improve for a fence they always talked of him as a chaser and he cost a few quid.

Any second now was also well though off last season
    Last edited by Scooby91; 15 November 2017, 05:58 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Personally think movewiththetimes will end up in a handicap, I can't think of a jp arkle horse. Unless defi de seuil still went chasing. He often dosent mind running an outsider so poss landofhopeandglory the only logical runner I can think of.
      Dark one but chirico vallis could improve for a fence they always talked of him as a chaser and he cost a few quid.

Any second now was also well though off last season
      Yes he’s got plenty that could make up into fair horses for the race I guess. My thought about Sutton Place for the race is more that I think he was taking over 2 miles and had a really nice turn of foot. In a fast run Arkle you know he’s going to be staying on and he has the pace and class to go close I’d say. However, agree that the JLT more probable at this stage

Comment

• Is Sutton Place Ok ?

When PU at Punchestown looked liked something serious amiss ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
          Is Sutton Place Ok ?

When PU at Punchestown looked liked something serious amiss ?
          Was pulled up as a precaution and found to be lame, Gordon says he's fine now.

Comment

• Dual Grade One winner Yanworth could tackle the Ladbrokes Novices' Chase at Newbury a week on Friday after crashing out on his latest run over fences.

Trainer Alan King has earmarked the Grade Two contest, better known as the Berkshire Novices' Chase, as a potential target for the seven-year-old.

After making a winning chasing debut at Exeter in October, the JP McManus-owned gelding fell on his return to the Devon track last week.

King said: "Yanworth seems fine and he cantered on Saturday morning. He didn't do a lot wrong at Exeter.

"We might well go for the two-and-a-half-mile Grade Two novice at Newbury a week on Friday. We are not going to wrap him up.

"Barry (Geraghty) was quite keen to go there, but I've not spoken to Frank (Berry, racing manager) or JP yet."

Comment

• JP has got quite a few who would look to me to be ideal for this race now.
              Yanworth
              Modus
              Sutton place
              Movewiththetimes (may go the handicap route)

Comment

• Benatar seems to be creeping under the radar in the novice chase markets. Had him at 66s for the RSA before his first run, but also topped up at 33s for that race and 33s for the JLT before his run today. His point form is good, and he's just a massive horse with similarly big engine who will only get better to my eye. He beat Keeper Hill 9 lengths just now, which is solid enough form. Any improvement and i'd back him to be threatening the places in whichever race he takes in at the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Movewiththetimes (may go the handicap route)
                  Somewhere else I said that this one was a handicapper, albeit a very good one, over hurdles and I expected the same over fences. On Friday's TV they said that the placed horses in his race often ran well in the Close Brothers Novice Handicap at the Festival so worth keeping an eye on both him and Coo Star Sivola to see if a mark is being organised.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Somewhere else I said that this one was a handicapper, albeit a very good one, over hurdles and I expected the same over fences. On Friday's TV they said that the placed horses in his race often ran well in the Close Brothers Novice Handicap at the Festival so worth keeping an eye on both him and Coo Star Sivola to see if a mark is being organised.
                    Good spot Archie , thank's for posting that , well worth knowing snippets of information like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      According to RP, Movewiththetimes already has a mark of 146 over fences which means they'll need to get him dropped 6lbs to be within the 140 ceiling of the Close Brothers handicap chase. I'm not sure they'll be able to achieve that given his performance on Friday so the only handicap option would be the Grand Annual or Festival Plate(?).

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        According to RP, Movewiththetimes already has a mark of 146 over fences which means they'll need to get him dropped 6lbs to be within the 140 ceiling of the Close Brothers handicap chase. I'm not sure they'll be able to achieve that given his performance on Friday so the only handicap option would be the Grand Annual or Festival Plate(?).
                        Jackie - the ratings for the novice handicap have changed for 2018. It is now a 0-145 handicap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Jackie - the ratings for the novice handicap have changed for 2018. It is now a 0-145 handicap.
                          Thanks for that, I'd not seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            And funnily enough Movewoththetimes has been dropped 1lb to 145.... I wonder if they'll put him away until Cheltenham now... I bet it's in their minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              And funnily enough Movewoththetimes has been dropped 1lb to 145.... I wonder if they'll put him away until Cheltenham now... I bet it's in their minds.
                              Just seen that in sporting life. Could be tempting. But maybe they're hoping he's still on the up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Or they could try and get him beat a couple more times

They will probably not try to be too cute with his mark as they screwed up with Romain De Senam last year when he missed the cut. It's always a tight handicap this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X