Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Should have taken a bit of the 10/1
    I forgot I did have some of the 10/1 - 1.5pts placed on the 20th March

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      I forgot I did have some of the 10/1 - 1.5pts placed on the 20th March
      Alright no-one likes an after-timer

Comment

Potentially my biggest regret for the AP this year is I decided to double CoC with a season long football bet.

That 2u e/w could have been a 4U win stake a team 9/1

Fingers crossed mousa dembele starts scoring

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          Potentially my biggest regret for the AP this year is I decided to double CoC with a season long football bet.

That 2u e/w could have been a 4U win stake a team 9/1

Fingers crossed mousa dembele starts scoring
          Absolutely fingers crossed! Will have my eye on that for you.

I like a cross sport multiple Had plenty of luck (more luck than skill anyway) doing them over the years!

7/1 CoC for this when Fayonagh is less than half the price.... STILL the bet of the meeting for anyone not on

Comment

Won't back him till after the trial. But argaine gregaine (CBA to look up his name) who bolted up in the trial at 50s before having a setback, will be campaigned with the festival his target this season. Looking forward to seeing him run.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Won't back him till after the trial. But argaine gregaine (CBA to look up his name) who bolted up in the trial at 50s before having a setback, will be campaigned with the festival his target this season. Looking forward to seeing him run.
              I agree Scooby,

Urgent De Gregaine should not be 25-1.

Comment

From memory wasn't he quite lucky to win that race? Didn't something run out to hinder Cantlow? I remember being pretty confident Cantlow would turn the form around? (Although I had backed Cantlow which might account for that)

25/1 looks an alright each way bet, the kind I usually would take in a race with the make-up for sure.

I also have in my head Urgent De Gregaine got beaten recently in France, but can't remember if it was or not and can't look it up at the moment

Comment

Imm going from memory but im sure he absolutely bolted in, like he joined in at the end.

Comment

Urgent De Gregaine is set to return to Cheltenham later this year following his narrow reverse in the*Velka Pardubicka on Sunday.

Trained in France by*Emmanuel Clayeux, the nine-year-old caused a 50-1 upset when beating Enda Bolger's Cantlow in the*Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase at Cheltenham on Trials Day in late January.

Urgent De Gregaine did not return to Prestbury Park for the Festival in March, but confirmed he is a major player in the cross-country division when running a fantastic race at Pardubice racecourse in Prague, making most of the running under Felix de Giles before being caught late by No Time To Lose.

Clayeux said: "It was a fantastic run. I was really happy because he adapted to the racecourse very well. He finished second in a point-to-point in France in August. That was his first run since January.

"We missed Cheltenham in March because the horse was not in good form, but we hope to go back in either November or December. I haven't decided which, but he will only run in one.

"We would like to go to Cheltenham again in March and I think from now on he will only run in England and the Czech Republic.

"He's a globetrotter, so I don't think we'll run him in France any more."

Comment

When I have time I'll watch it back on jockey club vids. But I'm sure he won very easily. He did have 10 stone and cantlow 11st4 and auvergnat was running well when fell a couple out with a similarly low weight.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 24 October 2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

UDG worked badly in the lead up to the festival and that was why he missed the race.

I was keen on his chances in March and thought he absolutely hacked up on trials day.

Comment

I was there that day. And he did indeed hack up.

Was only over as a traveling companion to another French thing.

Was getting a lot of weight from Cantlow however.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            UDG worked badly in the lead up to the festival and that was why he missed the race.

I was keen on his chances in March and thought he absolutely hacked up on trials day.
                            What am I forgetting about that race? Did Auvergnat run out and hamper Cantlow? Anyway, I didn't back UDG last year.... but this year I've just added 0.5 pts on UDG each way ....

and the Velka Pardubicka is definitely where I saw him - I thought so, Sky not adding that to his form I guess. He looked hike he had that won before the final furlong, didn't lose a lot in defeat in my opinion.

Comment

Yes Kev, Auvergnat ran out into the rails and very nearly took Cantlow with him

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                Yes Kev, Auvergnat ran out into the rails and very nearly took Cantlow with him
                                I think you are getting confused with the race at the festival a couple of years earlier. Auvergnaut unseated on trials day when Cantlow was a few lengths clear of him.

**Apologies - just watched the closing stages on Sportinglife and he did get hampered slightly but not too the degree that it cost Cantlow the race.
                                Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 24 October 2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X