Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help but think that the National is CoC's prime target this season. Unfinished business and probably his last realistic chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
      This stable gamble on Tiger Roll looks ominous to me , dont like tempting fate as I am on CoC but it wouldnt surprise me CoC misses Cheltenham which would explain the Tiger Roll move.
      Looking at it rationally there is not much between them - similar official ratings, similar Cheltenham form and strong stayers. Elliot has been bullish about both - the difference has been their price in a race where nothing else stands out. Hence people are seeing the value being Tiger Roll at the current prices.

Elliot did talk of Cause of Causes first at the National weights reveal last week but I think they will both be on point for Cheltenham. Cause of Causes seems to be the darling of the yard so I think they would make sure he is ready for Cheltenham as a 4th win would be something special and be unlikely to affect his tilt at the National.

Comment

• There was a gamble on the day for CoC wasn't there? I thought he got backed late on the day...? I backed him at 4/1 the day before as a very small saver (Which is why I remember) and he went off shorter? ***I can just check this...I backed at 4/1 the day before... won at 4/1 - so NO I was wrong.

I don't see Tiger Roll getting clipped from 10s to 6s as negative (or even related) to COC's chances.... 10s was just too big each way considering the comments about him that came out around the same time from Elliott...

Plenty on here felt 10/1 was a good price for Tiger Roll.... was never going to start that price.

THe only Elliott gamble that would worry me would be a very late and strong move with COC weak....
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 February 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• 2 pts win Tiger Roll from Kevin Blake...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            There was a gamble on the day for CoC wasn't there? I thought he got backed late on the day...? I backed him at 4/1 the day before as a very small saver (Which is why I remember) and he went off shorter? ***I can just check this...I backed at 4/1 the day before... won at 4/1 - so NO I was wrong.

I don't see Tiger Roll getting clipped from 10s to 6s as negative (or even related) to COC's chances.... 10s was just too big each way considering the comments about him that came out around the same time from Elliott...

Plenty on here felt 10/1 was a good price for Tiger Roll.... was never going to start that price.

THe only Elliott gamble that would worry me would be a very late and strong move with COC weak....

Yeah there was, I was obviously on the 'other' horse as I saw CoC price get smashed in - remember feeling like I missed the bet, so ended up watching other jump around me for joy as I tore up my betting slip

I have yet to have a bet in this.... and will probably leave it

Comment

• Everyone just needs to keep calm.... I've been as nervy as all and there's still 3 weeks to go but hold your nerve. Cause of Causes will win

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Everyone just needs to keep calm.... I've been as nervy as all and there's still 3 weeks to go but hold your nerve. Cause of Causes will win
                I won't be able to watch this race if BVD and Samcro have won.

Lot of water to go under the bridge yet until that moment though

Comment

I won't be able to watch this race if BVD and Samcro have won.

Lot of water to go under the bridge yet until that moment though
                  How much would you win Kev?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    How much would you win Kev?
                    On the way to 5 figures. With some very exciting live trixie/yankee's in play too.

I'll work it out exactly much closer to the time as usual.

Comment

On the way to 5 figures. With some very exciting live trixie/yankee's in play too.

Very nice. Similar here if those three win but none of the life changers to follow.

Good luck, and let's hope for a quiet 20 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Very nice. Similar here if those three win but none of the life changers to follow.

Good luck, and let's hope for a quiet 20 days.
                        Our Duke the main one unfortunately....but I wouldn't mind a run for my money for a life changing amount in that race regardless of the SP!

Quiet indeed. I feel like a lot of casualties happened early on this season? Compared to the last.... but 20 days is quite a long time

Comment

Beauty Kev. A round of FJ drinks will be on you that afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                            Everyone just needs to keep calm.... I've been as nervy as all and there's still 3 weeks to go but hold your nerve. Cause of Causes will win
                            If you're ever feeling nervy just rewatch the Kim Muir from 2016 - all nerves fall away! He'll power away up the hill from Tiger Roll!

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                              Beauty Kev. A round of FJ drinks will be on you that afternoon
                              Way too early for any talk like that haha.

I'll need a drink when COC falls at the cheese wedges.

***Will do Vautour

Comment

Way too early for any talk like that haha.

I'll need a drink when COC falls at the cheese wedges.

***Will do Vautour
                                More than 1 Kev haha

Comment

Working...
                                X