Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you not have a maximum bet in your staking plan Leman?

As Scooby points out, your staking does seem to be away from the norm.

Comment

• I Have loads covered in Any Race market and each time I looked for “value”, I kept coming back to CoC.
      With the vast majority of that outlay being Free Bets, it’s a chance I’m willing to take.
      The target is/was all but guaranteed early season, so barring injury - I’ll get a run.

Others may have large stakes on novices that end up in the “wrong” race.

If he doesn’t line up, then so be it.

Comment

• Anybody heard anything on auvergnat? After his fall.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
          I Have loads covered in Any Race market and each time I looked for “value”, I kept coming back to CoC.
          With the vast majority of that outlay being Free Bets, it’s a chance I’m willing to take.
          The target is/was all but guaranteed early season, so barring injury - I’ll get a run.

My max is 10 pts.

10 pts Finian's Oscar - Arkle 16/1
          10 pts CoC - Cross Country 9/1

I'd swap my 10 pts on FO now but I made a calculated risk outside of the normal "will he run" on FO as was wrong...

In single bets I've staked 460 pts, so 10 on FO is only 4.6%

IN your defense, CoC will power clear after that final hedge thing.

Comment

I Have loads covered in Any Race market and each time I looked for “value”, I kept coming back to CoC.

I'm not having a pop mate just interested in different approaches.

You'll be on some high if CoC gets his head in front

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              My max is 10 pts.

10 pts Finian's Oscar - Arkle 16/1
              10 pts CoC - Cross Country 9/1

I'd swap my 10 pts on FO now but I made a calculated risk outside of the normal "will he run" on FO as was wrong...

In single bets I've staked 460 pts, so 10 on FO is only 4.6%

IN your defense, CoC will power clear after that final hedge thing.
              Is your average bet 1 pt I'm assuming kev?

Because 1 pt is a solid bet to me and my average stake outside of the festival. And 10pts is a huge ammount. Without going into sums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Not taken that way
                I’ve paid the price is recent years, by not backing my strong fancies enough and “wasting” pts elsewhere.
                Not something I do regularly, but IF he lines up - there will be butterflies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

If he does Leman , I'll be waiting for you in the Quvega bar !!!!!!!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Is your average bet 1 pt I'm assuming kev?

Because 1 pt is a solid bet to me and my average stake outside of the festival. And 10pts is a huge ammount. Without going into sums.
                    I'd say the average is probably over 2 pts (which in theory is why I should have changed my "pts to ŁŁŁ ratio" at the start of the season to be 1 pt as 2 pts now (if that makes sense) as I rarely would bet less than 2 pts on anything

For example, the 10 pts on FO should actually realistically be 5 pts.

I suppose I use a 10 pt scale, and most people use 1-5?

Comment

I'd say the average is probably over 2 pts (which in theory is why I should have changed my "pts to ŁŁŁ ratio" at the start of the season to be 1 pt as 2 pts now (if that makes sense) as I rarely would bet less than 2 pts on anything

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

That does make sense.
                      I don't really have a scale. But my average bet with the books is 1pt or 1pt ew. And any more I have to have serious conviction which would be the quick price after the race when theyre impressive and the same price is still available briefly.

Comment

I seem to be using a 23pt scale with Cause Of Causes!!!

Comment

I seem to be using a 23pt scale with Cause Of Causes!!!
                          I used a 100.5 pt scale when Frankel was running

Comment

• Anyone got any concerns about the effects of a hard race in the national will have on cause of causes ?
                            I know from stats winners of the national struggle to win another race,not sure about placed horses
                            The horse is 10 now and has not seen a racecourse since
                            I don't think the race at loepardstown will be that informative either
                            Not that many miles on the clock but reminds me of on the fringe in the Foxhunters last year
                            Hope I am wrong as a lot of you seem knee deep in the horse this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                              Anyone got any concerns about the effects of a hard race in the national will have on cause of causes ?
                              I know from stats winners of the national struggle to win another race,not sure about placed horses
                              The horse is 10 now and has not seen a racecourse since
                              I don't think the race at loepardstown will be that informative either
                              Not that many miles on the clock but reminds me of on the fringe in the Foxhunters last year
                              Hope I am wrong as a lot of you seem knee deep in the horse this year
                              That's why, if I were you, I would be covering with Tiger Roll 12/1 NRNB. He is 8 and the above concerns do not apply.

Comment

• I wouldn’t be too concerned. Amberleigh house was 3rd in the national and won it the next year. Hedge hunter won and came second in the gold cup the next year. Alvarado placed in it 4 times in recent years. He would already have been out this year but for having a temperature. I should add that the specific plan was to race him lightly so he is perfect for a spring campaign.

However I am well past knee deep, balls deep, shoulder deep on CoC so cant have anything bad said about his chances!

Comment

Working...
                                X