Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    Cue Card was miles below that standard in the KG. Tea For Two is the marker for that race.

The real summary of Thistlecrack's standard is his defeat by Many Clouds.
    Sorry Kev, but I'm with Archie on this. Thistlecrack to me looks like a horse that promises much but when we look back in a few years will have delivered comparatively little against his potential. Would love to be proved wrong because whenever you see him he just screams monster.

On today's evidence you can't see him being fit enough to do himself justice in the KG and I think it likely he'll find at least one better than him come March.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Based on the price Thistlecrack went off, there will be a lot of Christmas presents going on the credit card after that. Watching the race back after the second last, he was very tenderly ridden as I'm assuming he either blew up, or the jockey was told not to go after him after a long lay off. One thing is for sure, few would have convincingly predicted both Thistlecrack and Harry getting beaten.
      Don't own a credit card just yet.
      But the storyteller at fairy house tomorrow Carrys the burden of my money on his back.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
        Sorry Kev, but I'm with Archie on this. Thistlecrack to me looks like a horse that promises much but when we look back in a few years will have delivered comparatively little against his potential. Would love to be proved wrong because whenever you see him he just screams monster.

On today's evidence you can't see him being fit enough to do himself justice in the KG and I think it likely he'll find at least one better than him come March.
        Kev? I didn't say anything!

I think in another thread I also said in hindsight I downgraded Thistlecracks King George performance too, so on this point I think I'm agreeing with arche?......

Certainly respect the views of ista though, and very very much hope Thistlecrack is a player in the King George! More hope than expectation but no-one can doubt THistlecracks potential.... PLUS I might order that Thisle-cracker jumper on the RP website haha

Comment

• Might Bite KG backers pleased today anyway

Comment

• Sorry, ignore me, too many

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Don't own a credit card just yet.
              But the storyteller at fairy house tomorrow Carrys the burden of my money on his back.
              That was a general comment as opposed to a dig at you.

The Storyteller has confused me a bit. I was on him in two Cheltenham handicaps in advance of the preview nights and was disappointed when he was ruled out. I know they thought he was better than a handicapper and when he came out over hurdles this year, I figured they would carry on that route and win a nice prize, especially when he got 'beaten' on reappearance. Now he's going chasing I really don't know how to view him, will they take him as far as they can in the novice ranks or plot him up in a similar fashion again?

Comment

That was a general comment as opposed to a dig at you.

The Storyteller has confused me a bit. I was on him in two Cheltenham handicaps in advance of the preview nights and was disappointed when he was ruled out. I know they thought he was better than a handicapper and when he came out over hurdles this year, I figured they would carry on that route and win a nice prize, especially when he got 'beaten' on reappearance. Now he's going chasing I really don't know how to view him, will they take him as far as they can in the novice ranks or plot him up in a similar fashion again?
                I know it was a general comment

It did enter my mind as a plot especially as i dont really understand why hes not fav.

but in all honesty Im not sure how you would plot him up in this race. I just think he's too good for these tomorrow assuming he can jump a fence. His latest run over hurdles was decent . I don't rate Sutton manor at all, livelovelaugh should make a better chaser than hurdler but I don't think he's quite got the class of the storyteller over this trip.

Comment

I know it was a general comment

It did enter my mind as a plot especially as i dont really understand why hes not fav.

but in all honesty Im not sure how you would plot him up in this race. I just think he's too good for these tomorrow assuming he can jump a fence. His latest run over hurdles was decent . I don't rate Sutton manor at all, livelovelaugh should make a better chaser than hurdler but I don't think he's quite got the class of the storyteller over this trip.
                  Well if they are plotting him up for a handicap again, they have chosen a handy debut race to get him beat in as at least there are some competitive enough horses running. He should beat them if running a proper race but without knowing the big picture, his price could be the indicator as to how he will run as I agree that he should be fav.

Comment

Well if they are plotting him up for a handicap again, they have chosen a handy debut race to get him beat in as at least there are some competitive enough horses running. He should beat them if running a proper race but without knowing the big picture, his price could be the indicator as to how he will run as I agree that he should be fav.

Gone fav this morning from 4/1 . He shouldn't be rated too highly if he wins this anyway , but wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that he could progress into a graded horse over fences.

Comment

Gone fav this morning from 4/1 . He shouldn't be rated too highly if he wins this anyway , but wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that he could progress into a graded horse over fences.
                      I hope they aim high with him

Comment

• Expected a bit more from NC yesterday.

Not a race with any stand out performances yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                          Expected a bit more from NC yesterday.

Not a race with any stand out performances yet!
                          I thought NC ran well enough for an opener. Cilaos emery caught they eye as an obvios one.
                          The one that I thought ran an absolute cracker with the stayers in mind was supasundae. If been waiting but not enough movement in his price on the exchanges to warrant me backing him. If I could get 25s 1/4 or 33/1 1/5 I'd be all over him ew. The race wasn't run to suit what so ever, it was an extremely competative race imo. Plenty of winners will come out of it. And he really caught my eye the way he stayed on from being outpaced by the 3 horses in front who are graded horses over shorter.

Comment

• Great shout Scooby - couple that with decent Festival Form:

6th (of 23) in The Bumper (2015)
                            7th (of 14) in "THAT" Supreme (2016)
                            1st (of 25) in Coral Cup (2017)

Followed up with a solid 2nd at Aintree behind Yanworth - first try at 3m

Comment

• I was interested in Supasundae as soon as it came out that the stayers was the target but similarly, thought 16s wasn't worth bothering with. Still feel that way now.

Agree CE was an eye catcher too.

Not sure there will be any chance of supasundae drifting to a backable price so I doubt I'll be on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I was interested in Supasundae as soon as it came out that the stayers was the target but similarly, thought 16s wasn't worth bothering with. Still feel that way now.

Agree CE was an eye catcher too.

Not sure there will be any chance of supasundae drifting to a backable price so I doubt I'll be on
                                I live in hope of a drift . Either that or a quick back at current prices If he shows up very well at Christmas over 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X