Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great performance from SS yesterday, especially as I was on "the serge" who didn't when it mattered.
    Cant have SS for the Stayers Hurdle. I'll be a layer all day.

Comment

• Horrible ride from Jacob I thought, stayers aren't going to sprint away when asked the question, the good ones wear the oppo down so to sit on the bridle right up to the last was in my view an error.
      After the debacle in the Whitbread he is now very definitely off my Christmas card list....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        With hindsight, Nichols Canyon may not be held by UNWIMH? .... Mullins peaked all his horses for that Thursday of the festival (UDS, Yorkhill, Let's Dance, Nichols Canyon) all went on to get beaten AFTER the festival....

If he gets NC there on the day, I would fully expect him to be 100%. If he is, then he has a HUGE chance of being another multiple winner for Wylie/Willie in the race...

I was quite happy to have NC and UNWIMH coupled and that hasn't worked out perfectly in but it's been said before, that NC is still unexposed at the trip having only run twice at the distance....just as a comparison, the unexposed L'ami Serge is in the same boat...
        I think you make a good point there Kev , Willie aim's to have his runners peaking in the big races, so I definitely would'nt be writing
        N.C or even UNWIMH off just yet , (although i have slight reservations about harry
        being a 9 y/o), And i really don,t think it's an uncompetitive stayers hurdle at all.
        Sam spinners a great addition to the mix , newbies against the old guard ,
        Lil rockerfella's a gutsy performer and Supasundae , I think it's looking like a great
        Race in prospect .

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Horrible ride from Jacob I thought, stayers aren't going to sprint away when asked the question, the good ones wear the oppo down so to sit on the bridle right up to the last was in my view an error.
          After the debacle in the Whitbread he is now very definitely off my Christmas card list....
          Agree Ista, Another shocking Jacob ride. You can imagine how I felt coming down to the last. Arrogant ---- I was shouting at the TV. I also had him in a double with Coney Island. A mate text me before the last flight to say "we've got this in the bag"

Comment

• I think you have to bear in mind that Henderson has to give him Winalot in his evening feed.

The winner is very game and improving but I can't have yesterday's race as collateral form with Nichols Canyon.

Comment

• Nichols Canyon is fairly priced for this and on spring ground he does have the class to go very close again. Great form lines all over the place and unexposed at the trip. Good age and good ownership for this.

If you want to go left field, theres one I really like as an each way play if I could be certain they weren't going handicapping...

THE WORLDS END will be ruled out by almost all observers having been soundly beaten twice by Sam Spinner. However, please please have a watch of Ascot again. For me he travels all over most of the field and you can see that the ground is blunting him. He gets done for stamina late on. However, he stepped forward on his Haydock reappearances on heavy and showed the sort of class and cruising speed I hoped for.

On spring Cheltenham ground, I expect him to reverse form with SS and run a really big race. He's a great e/w play if he shows up here.

Comment

• I'll go along with that AF.
                Was tanking in the potato race when he came down and made amends at Aintree, difficult to assess the form of that race when none of those that were close have seen a racecourse since....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                  Nichols Canyon is fairly priced for this and on spring ground he does have the class to go very close again. Great form lines all over the place and unexposed at the trip. Good age and good ownership for this.

If you want to go left field, theres one I really like as an each way play if I could be certain they weren't going handicapping...

THE WORLDS END will be ruled out by almost all observers having been soundly beaten twice by Sam Spinner. However, please please have a watch of Ascot again. For me he travels all over most of the field and you can see that the ground is blunting him. He gets done for stamina late on. However, he stepped forward on his Haydock reappearances on heavy and showed the sort of class and cruising speed I hoped for.

On spring Cheltenham ground, I expect him to reverse form with SS and run a really big race. He's a great e/w play if he shows up here.
                  Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  I'll go along with that AF.
                  Was tanking in the potato race when he came down and made amends at Aintree, difficult to assess the form of that race when none of those that were close have seen a racecourse since....
                  WH are 40/1 about The World's End!? They must think he isn't running here at all?

I disagree with their price........On top of what has been said above, he was a 12/1 shot before any races we're run this season for this race (which was the main reason I wasn't interested in getting him onside) and you can put a line through one of his runs this season(heavy at Haydock).... so I think I will have 1 pt e/w 40/1 The World's End

Comment

• Totally agree AF. Stop the race 2 out and he is traveling better than anything. 40/1 was too big to resist. Spring ground will bring out the best in him.....I hope.

Comment

Nichols Canyon is fairly priced for this and on spring ground he does have the class to go very close again. Great form lines all over the place and unexposed at the trip. Good age and good ownership for this.

Totally agree AF. Great call with TWE.

Comment

Totally agree with this Al Ferof. I have him in afew multiples and i definitely think the spring ground will show him in a
                        different light .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Totally agree with this Al Ferof. I have him in afew multiples and i definitely think the spring ground will show him in a
                          different light .
                          Hopefully agree with Al Ferof that TWE will improve with better ground. Got him in a juicy e/w yankee with MB,
                          BD and CoC. A spring ground horse in the way that Cole Harden was when I backed him at 25/1 for the stayers a few years ago has confirmed that 40/1 with WH is a great e/w bet.

Comment

• Tomorrow at 1-20 leopardstown . over 3 miles . Apples jade , Nichols canyon and Supasundae in the mix . could be
                            some more clues for the stayers hurdle in march

Comment

• Do we think Elliott will still take the Mares route even if AJ wins again tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                                Do we think Elliott will still take the Mares route even if AJ wins again tomorrow?
                                I think Apples Jade is made for 3m and so many horses from Triumph hurdles end up staying well (Tiger Roll, Zarkandar, Top Notch etc) and I think she'd have a right chance in the stayers. The Mares only events muddy the antepost waters somewhat!

They might however end up thinking the 3mile event is easier- depending on how it goes and what pans out. They certainly won't be afraid of UKWIMH and if they can defeat NC again over 3m then surely they'd be thinking why not?

Willies Mares will always give AJ a tough race you'd think.

Comment

Working...
                                X