Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Douvan already at cheltenham? if he is they must be semi planning to run him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
      Is Douvan already at cheltenham? if he is they must be semi planning to run him...
      I'd be very interested to know this also....

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Not correct because altior is better than the pair. Min is the one sacrificed for the reputation of douvan the soon to be 3 time Cheltenham festival winner. Who's been placed impeccably.
        Douvan is a better horse than Min...that is correct....Altior may be better than Douvan but thats not been proved as they have never met.

Comment

• Crazy as it sounds maybe, considering he hasn't had a prep race, they're thinking longer term with Douvan. If he runs in this but gets beat, this was his prep for Aintree or Punchestown, if he wins then brilliant. If he wins well, now this puts the cat amongst the pigeons, straight away the talk will be Gold cup 2019. It all suggests a bit of nothing to lose, they need to get a run into him anyway, so why not here, and they may think he'll be more likely to win this as a prep, rather than the QM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Crazy as it sounds maybe, considering he hasn't had a prep race, they're thinking longer term with Douvan. If he runs in this but gets beat, this was his prep for Aintree or Punchestown, if he wins then brilliant. If he wins well, now this puts the cat amongst the pigeons, straight away the talk will be Gold cup 2019. It all suggests a bit of nothing to lose, they need to get a run into him anyway, so why not here, and they may think he'll be more likely to win this as a prep, rather than the QM.
            Maybe he's a Slow old Boat really. !!

Comment

Is Douvan already at cheltenham? if he is they must be semi planning to run him...
              Don't know but the first of Mullins arrived yesterday and presumably these are the Tue/Wed horses, so at a guess I'd say yes.
              Elliott's landed today...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Don't know but the first of Mullins arrived yesterday and presumably these are the Tue/Wed horses, so at a guess I'd say yes.
                Elliott's landed today...
                I just think if he has travelled here then he is ready to run, if he is still in Ireland personally I do not think he will get on the boat..

Comment

Crazy as it sounds maybe, considering he hasn't had a prep race, they're thinking longer term with Douvan. If he runs in this but gets beat, this was his prep for Aintree or Punchestown, if he wins then brilliant. If he wins well, now this puts the cat amongst the pigeons, straight away the talk will be Gold cup 2019. It all suggests a bit of nothing to lose, they need to get a run into him anyway, so why not here, and they may think he'll be more likely to win this as a prep, rather than the QM.
                  I was with jono this morning and the first thing he did was check the odds for King George 2018 for Douvan... wasn't quoted at the time

Comment

I just think if he has travelled here then he is ready to run, if he is still in Ireland personally I do not think he will get on the boat..
                    archie said that the Tuesday horses had arrived ... so don't think Douvan will have travelled just yet (but wouldn't have anyway...)

Comment

• I'm be surprised if we see him

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I was with jono this morning and the first thing he did was check the odds for King George 2018 for Douvan... wasn't quoted at the time
                        Might want to keep him left handed, could go Christmas chase route, not that I think he has a bias

Comment

Might want to keep him left handed, could go Christmas chase route, not that I think he has a bias
                          They've got Yorkhill for that

Comment

• Rich Ricci on ATR -Douvans on the ferry. Still undecided where he runs but the Ryanair is being considered. There's also the possibility that he doesn't run at all. Wouldn't want to risk him having a hard race over 2 1/2 M on heavy ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                              Rich Ricci on ATR -Douvans on the ferry. Still undecided where he runs but the Ryanair is being considered. There's also the possibility that he doesn't run at all. Wouldn't want to risk him having a hard race over 2 1/2 M on heavy ground.
                              If he's on the ferry he runs surely.

No chance they're going to take on Altior first time out OVER trying 2m5f IMO .... so I think it is odds on Douvan turns up in the Ryanair now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                If he's on the ferry he runs surely.

No chance they're going to take on Altior first time out OVER trying 2m5f IMO .... so I think it is odds on Douvan turns up in the Ryanair now.
                                He came out with all the reasons under the sun earlier he's took the flack. He will run.
                                Below are the words of a man who is running douvan in the Ryanair.

"Things change. The Ryanair has cut up - there's not going to be many runners at all, I don't think - and it would be silly not to reconsider," he added.

"We left the horses in the races and so many bookmakers are non-runner no-bet. The reaction I've seen is fair and pretty balanced.

"There may be the occasional person having a go, but we've kept our options and we'll have to see where we get to."
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 11 March 2018, 07:54 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X