Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Whatever the reason they've given us ... it is not the one they had said about his well being on the ground ... So I'm very disappointed in connections ...

It says they're not sure he'll ever like Cheltenham too now, so have to enjoy him elsewhere and reason to be against him if they get 'forced' in to going for the Gold Cup with a bold show I the King George ...
    I really don't understand the criticism of the trainer and owners. The whole of racing doesn't revolve around Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I really don't understand the criticism of the trainer and owners. The whole of racing doesn't revolve around Cheltenham.
      Couldnt agree more FM.

Comment

• It's a perfectly sound decision made by the people who know him best and pay the bills. It's not as if they've ever said he was likely to run at Cheltenham.

Comment

Couldn’t agree more

Comment

I'd agree deffinately. It's their horse, they pay the bills and can do whatever they like and i respect there decision.
            Waiting patiently himself couldn't care less if he won at Cheltenham.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Back to this race. I'd be very suprised if the other owners at willies yard won't be pushing to take on un de sceaux in this. He holds all the aces. And it's healthy competition.

Douvan/ yorkhill/ djakadam. Can't see min switching but he's obviously kept an entry. I'm really expecting douvan to be declared 48 hours out. It's just not like them at all to throw 2 at altior.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 9 March 2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• I'm a believer that if the horse is fit then make the most of it, we've seen what has happened to some top horses over the last few years. God forbid anything could or would happen to Waiting Patiently but you need a lot of luck in keeping racehorses fit at the top level and the connections may regret it if he gets injured.

This could have been a perfect year to test him on the track with the field in the Ryanair cutting up so much and what a bloody chance he would have looking at the field!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldie1988 View Post
                  I'm a believer that if the horse is fit then make the most of it, we've seen what has happened to some top horses over the last few years. God forbid anything could or would happen to Waiting Patiently but you need a lot of luck in keeping racehorses fit at the top level and the connections may regret it if he gets injured.

This could have been a perfect year to test him on the track with the field in the Ryanair cutting up so much and what a bloody chance he would have looking at the field!!
                  Look at it the other way, he clearly is a fragile horse, they run him because 'punters' want them to, he gets a career ending injury in running at the track, who do they blame? They can't blame the punters, because in reality they wouldn't give a rats a***, probably more concerned with their bets, it's on the owners and that's where it begins and ends, they pay the bills, and have every right to do what they want with him, include never run him again, if they really didn't want to.

Some owners, probably not all, do actually care more about the horse than anything else.

Comment

• Could the ultimate dodgepot L'Ami Serge yet run here?

Connections might fancy the look of this race now and leave Wholestone to the Stayers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      Could the ultimate dodgepot L'Ami Serge yet run here?

Connections might fancy the look of this race now and leave Wholestone to the Stayers?
                      I'd be suprised but it's set to cut up.
                      I have a really strong feeling they're going to stitch everyone up and douvan goes here. He'd be fav for certain. So why he's that price nrnb is a bit strange.

One of them 4 deffinately will run imo.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 9 March 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Look at it the other way, he clearly is a fragile horse, they run him because 'punters' want them to, he gets a career ending injury in running at the track, who do they blame? They can't blame the punters, because in reality they wouldn't give a rats a***, probably more concerned with their bets, it's on the owners and that's where it begins and ends, they pay the bills, and have every right to do what they want with him, include never run him again, if they really didn't want to.

Some owners, probably not all, do actually care more about the horse than anything else.
                        I think there are arguments for both sides of the coin, I can understand the decision, I'm not speaking from the pocket as i backed him NRNB as a single knowing and agreeing with what u said above.

I just think he's booming round tracks this year and they could go in there and win the race. Plus he has raced on soft most the season and won

Comment

• I’ve just had a pt ew on L’ami Serge at 40s nrnb Betfred. Again it’s just the wrong price and I’d be pretty confident on him placing here if taking his chance (which he likely won’t)

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                            Couldnt agree more FM.
                            Originally posted by archie View Post
                            It's a perfectly sound decision made by the people who know him best and pay the bills. It's not as if they've ever said he was likely to run at Cheltenham.
                            Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            Couldn’t agree more
                            Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            I'd agree deffinately. It's their horse, they pay the bills and can do whatever they like and i respect there decision.
                            Waiting patiently himself couldn't care less if he won at Cheltenham.
                            I am sorry guys.... but you are all ignoring the fact that the reason they gave for not wanting to run wasn't true in the first place.

I can see I am not going to change the minds of five of you, all of which I have a lot of respect for - but the points you're making aren't what I am talking about... I agree with all of your comments... my problem is they havne't been honest about the reason they don't want to run.

A few pages back you were all knocking the fact it was in the best interest of the horse to run because of the ground. That is now 100% NOT the case or reasons they have given!!! You're now ignoring that and telling me that connections can do what they want? I know that! Good luck to them. It hasn't affected my financially because I was aware it was a NRNB prospect, but they havne't been consistant.

DOn't need to be, but to knock me for critising that is wrong. I would prefer the owners and trainers to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Back to this race. I'd be very suprised if the other owners at willies yard won't be pushing to take on un de sceaux in this. He holds all the aces. And it's healthy competition.

Douvan/ yorkhill/ djakadam. Can't see min switching but he's obviously kept an entry. I'm really expecting douvan to be declared 48 hours out. It's just not like them at all to throw 2 at altior.
                              I'm probably a little blinded by my own bets (despite having Yorkhill 20/1 gfor the CH) ./... but my God, they should be running Yorkhill in this race!

Balko Des Flos isn't a better horse than Yorkhill. Cue Card is Cue Card, fair enough... then next best is Cloudy Dream!

They've got to have more than one dart? Djakadam would interest me too.

I'm quite tempted to back all of the other Mullins runners tonight NRNB!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'm quite tempted to back all of the other Mullins runners tonight NRNB!
                                I've just done that very thing, nothing to lose with a very slight possibility of catching a very nice price. The only fly in the ointment is having the willpower to bank the refunded stakes during Cheltenham.

Comment

Working...
                                X