Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
    For all of those applauding the decision presumably you would also be doing similar if 99/100 adopted a similar negative attitude. Of course there would be no Cheltenham, no forum, but what the hell. A price well worth paying.
    Philosophy fans - would you say this fell under reductio ad absurdum or straw man theory?

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
      Is that one of you Tim?? cause you do alf like your pictures.
      Far too much hair to be me

He looks more your age, I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Good points Quevega. Saying 'Everyone else is obsessed by Cheltenham. We are not that fussed' is a little blunt, but I do find Ruth Jefferson very likeable and honest though, particularly when you have people like Willie Mullins who dodges questions with the skill and finesse of a career politician.
        Absolutely and completely wrong, charlie. Willie's problem is that he does answer every question with the truth as he sees it at that moment in time and he'd do the same in the back bar of the Lord Bagenal (if you bought him a drink). He'd save himself a sackful of trouble if he just said no decision yet.

Comment

• I feel the closer we get to the festival the more sensitive and touchy everyone seems to be, the nerves are rattling

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            I feel the closer we get to the festival the more sensitive and touchy everyone seems to be, the nerves are rattling
            Amen to that. These next 2 weeks are torture. I try and distract myself with work but it doesn't work. I'm still at work and have been on here most the day!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
              Far too much hair to be me

He looks more your age, I'd say.
              Thanks for the repost. Slightly less patronising than normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                Thanks for the repost. Slightly less patronising than normal.
                Most welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  I feel the closer we get to the festival the more sensitive and touchy everyone seems to be, the nerves are rattling

I'm only ever irritable when I have to start work early, lol.

Comment

• Please can we try and keep this forum a pleasant place to exchange views.

We can have different views but let's (try) not have cheap digs at fellow contributors; or trainers, jockeys and owners. It doesn't help anyone.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Please can we try and keep this forum a pleasant place to exchange views.

We can have different views but let's (try) not have cheap digs at fellow contributors; or trainers, jockeys and owners. It doesn't help anyone.

Thanks
                      Well said FM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Please can we try and keep this forum a pleasant place to exchange views.

Thanks
                        Here Here.

Its why its the best forum around, there is no backbiting at each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          I see the Tizzard's have managed to talk some sense into Mrs. Bishop. Can't believe I'm considering backing a 12 year old for this race but Cue Cards run behind Waiting Patiently at Ascot really surprised & impressed me. Conditions favoured WP that day and with his connections not likely to risk him on better ground i think at 12/1 Cue Card is well worth an e/w punt. Un De Sceaux could find one too good for him on good ground. Think il take a chance that it might be CC.

Would be nice to see him win a big race and get the retirement he deserves...
                          Sorry but it seems every year the cue card followers come out and convince themselves that this is the horses year, I'd be surprised if it will place in the Ryanair and amazed if it wins, this race could cut up badly and uds price of 5-2 could be more like 6-4 on the day especially with the ground no better than good to sort, a rock solid favourite in my book

Comment

• I get irritated when horses like Cue Card, who has been an absolute star of the game for many years, has his form crabbed.
                            Prior to his 2 'Fs' he won a bumper, a Ryanair (probably by a distance further than any horse ever has), finished runner up in his Arkle (to Sprinter Sacre) and was 4th in a Supreme.

There's only a couple of races I could ever consider backing a 12yo in and the Ryanair certainly isn't one of them, but he retains his form, ran Waiting Patiently close at Ascot and comes here with a chance.
                            A Cue Card win would certainly bring the house down....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mistycat1970 View Post
                              Sorry but it seems every year the cue card followers come out and convince themselves that this is the horses year, I'd be surprised if it will place in the Ryanair and amazed if it wins, this race could cut up badly and uds price of 5-2 could be more like 6-4 on the day especially with the ground no better than good to sort, a rock solid favourite in my book
                              I'm a huge UDS fan but I could never describe him as rock solid. I'm delighted to see CC in this; the right decision IMHO. Would love to see him win it but I shan't be backing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mistycat1970 View Post
                                No sentiment from me at all tbh. You can’t argue with the form of his 2nd place at Ascot to a very talented horse. He ran very well there in a truely run race and showed plenty of his old zest. He has every chance of running into a place on decent ground. UDS wasn’t overly impressive at all in the Clarance House in his favored conditions. I’m happy to take him on.

Comment

Working...
                                X