Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Goes well fresh ... if that was better for him than having the run, They wouldn't have been having the run ... clutching to turn that into a positive

Is he actually coming here or is he being popped on to the wrong race?
    Each to there own. What tizzard sees and I see wouldn't always meet eye to eye. I'd rather he went there fresh.

Hopefully tizzard sees this as the common sense race and he does his talking on the track.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• What’s the consensus on the chances of Waiting Patiently here. Obviously if he gets his preferred soft ground he has to be a massive danger but could he perform regardless...I have been very impressed with him and he’s been so well treated he could be anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
        What’s the consensus on the chances of Waiting Patiently here. Obviously if he gets his preferred soft ground he has to be a massive danger but could he perform regardless...I have been very impressed with him and he’s been so well treated he could be anything...
        I love him and think he'd have a belting good chance on soft ground. My issue is his current price that comes with that, if we had that ground I'd obviously fancy UDS strongly too. I'd want those two against the field on soft....

The reason I am not on, is that I didn't take a bigger price and I feel the 7/1 is only a GOOD price based on the fact he COULD get his ground... he it was good ground, then you'd have to fancy other horses... not because we've seen he doesn't act on good, but the trainer has been adament he wouldn't be as effective on it...

I would consider him a great bet if I knew he would ONLY run on suiotable ground, but I think he'll take his chance regardless...but his price doesn't reflect the fact he might not act on the ground at all and he'll simply get outpaced.

Comment

I love him and think he'd have a belting good chance on soft ground. My issue is his current price that comes with that, if we had that ground I'd obviously fancy UDS strongly too. I'd want those two against the field on soft....

The reason I am not on, is that I didn't take a bigger price and I feel the 7/1 is only a GOOD price based on the fact he COULD get his ground... he it was good ground, then you'd have to fancy other horses... not because we've seen he doesn't act on good, but the trainer has been adament he wouldn't be as effective on it...

I would consider him a great bet if I knew he would ONLY run on suiotable ground, but I think he'll take his chance regardless...but his price doesn't reflect the fact he might not act on the ground at all and he'll simply get outpaced.
          I think there's an element of the Jeffersons having him wrapped in cotton wool so far knowing his potential and he could act on a sounder surface given the chance, the ground at HQ will be on the safe side regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
            I think there's an element of the Jeffersons having him wrapped in cotton wool so far knowing his potential and he could act on a sounder surface given the chance, the ground at HQ will be on the safe side regardless.
            Yes I agree, there could... but I do think that has been factored in to his price already?

My best 3 results in this race at the moment would be Yorkhill (58 pts back), Coney Island (69 pts back), Top Notch (48 pts back).

IF those all made the race, I'd be able to get WP covered... but I might only have 1 of those 3 running so unforunately I'll have to wait paitenly.
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 February 2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• I won't take that literal, but Interesting all the same that AP said the Denman chase was the last trial for the gold cup. And if you had a gold cup horse you'd have no choice but to run here.

Coney island?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                I won't take that literal, but Interesting all the same that AP said the Denman chase was the last trial for the gold cup. And if you had a gold cup horse you'd have no choice but to run here.

Coney island?
                Obviously as you say, can't take it as gospel from AP but certainly looking increasingly likely to come here now. Glad I've got him in the book because he's a big player

Comment

• Benie Des Dieux has just won a 2m mares chase beating stablemate Asthuria and the decent Elliott horse Dinaria Des Obeaux. That horse had disappointed 9L behind Death Duty earlier in the season and got hammered 62L over 3m by Shattered Love...

So maybe I was aiming a little high with BDD as for all that she won easily enough today... that is quite a leap to compete here

Jockey said she jumps so quickly and class got her through...and that she's well up to grade 1 class.
                  "She could go back jumping hurdles, she jumps her fences like hurdles"

Comment

Benie Des Dieux has just won a 2m mares chase beating stablemate Asthuria and the decent Elliott horse Dinaria Des Obeaux. That horse had disappointed 9L behind Death Duty earlier in the season and got hammered 62L over 3m by Shattered Love...

So maybe I was aiming a little high with BDD as for all that she won easily enough today... that is quite a leap to compete here

Jockey said she jumps so quickly and class got her through...and that she's well up to grade 1 class.
                    "She could go back jumping hurdles, she jumps her fences like hurdles"
                    I think your over rating her all together kev tbh,
                    She's been done what's asked of her. But she's been asked very little.
                    She's A nice prospect however.

Comment

I think your over rating her all together kev tbh,
                      She's been done what's asked of her. But she's been asked very little.
                      She's A nice prospect however.
                      David Mullins seemed quite comfortable saying she's graded class... so I might not be too far off the mark. It isn't like I've tipped her up for anything... I've just said I liked her and I had 1pt on at 25/1 early in the season...

No point chatting in here though, I'd say its odds on she goes Mares now... and I like her more than Let's Dance!

Comment

• Coney Island would be my biggest winner in the Ryanair, unsure what I want to happen in the ascot chase... if he wins is he more likely to go here or gold cup? Loses and I imagine he’ll be gold cup bound?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                          Coney Island would be my biggest winner in the Ryanair, unsure what I want to happen in the ascot chase... if he wins is he more likely to go here or gold cup? Loses and I imagine he’ll be gold cup bound?

Hard to tell. Wins or goes very close ryaniar.

Beaten 4- 5L gold cup.
                          No facts in that just opinion.

Comment

Hard to tell. Wins or goes very close ryaniar.

Beaten 4- 5L gold cup.
                            No facts in that just opinion.
                            Want him to win.. their decision to go gold cup will likely be based on the horses long term plan I guess so if he wins at ascot will surely go close to fave for Ryanair, that might twist their arm for this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                              Want him to win.. their decision to go gold cup will likely be based on the horses long term plan I guess so if he wins at ascot will surely go close to fave for Ryanair, that might twist their arm for this year
                              Him and top notch for me at ascot. I'll be dissapointed if Ruth Jefferson's horse beats them both. If he does I'll be hoping for good ground on the Thursday.

Comment

• Un de sceaux the most underrated jumps horse in training imo. Nothing Coney Island does at Ascot changes Ryanair for me.

Gold Cup looks open and if not SJ then second season chaser most likely winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X