Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet365 have Killultagh Vic as 7/1 even with it being NRNB that seems terrible value.

Disko @10s does look nice though

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      Bet365 have Killultagh Vic as 7/1 even with it being NRNB that seems terrible value.

Disko @10s does look nice though
      I'd chance the 25s over 7/1 NRNB - I don't think he'd be shorter than 7/1 on the day!

Disko is interesting. Poor ride/tactic in the JLT last season. I thought he'd go mighty close.

Comment

• Good to see Coney island connections very much open to the idea of the ryanair.

The trainer said: "I was delighted with Coney Island at Ascot. He has come out of it fit and well, and is ready to go again.

"He has been entered for the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Ryanair Chase, and will also have entries in the Irish Gold Cup on February 4 and the Ascot Chase a fortnight later.

"We will go for one of those two and then make a decision about which race to aim for at Cheltenham after that."

"I think the Gold Cup picture looks as much as it did before Christmas. Might Bite did nothing wrong, Sizing John did, but that might have been down to the proximity of his prep race, and nothing else really came to the fore.

"My fella has shortened up in the betting after Ascot, but it was only a graduation chase. Touch wood and all being well, we will be able to decide where we are going after his prep run.

"I don't have any concerns about his stamina, but it would have been stupid not to put him in the Gold Cup and the Ryanair as we are still nine weeks out from Cheltenham and can finalise plans nearer the time."
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Out of interest, how much do entries in races cost? Would be intrigued to know how much money people throw away making multiple race entires

Comment

• Novice chase entry costs:

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              Fascinating - thanks for sharing archie. They seem much lower than I thought they were - but I guess I was just making up what I thought they were with no actual evidence

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Good to see Coney island connections very much open to the idea of the ryanair.

The trainer said: "I was delighted with Coney Island at Ascot. He has come out of it fit and well, and is ready to go again.

"He has been entered for the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Ryanair Chase, and will also have entries in the Irish Gold Cup on February 4 and the Ascot Chase a fortnight later.

"We will go for one of those two and then make a decision about which race to aim for at Cheltenham after that."

"I think the Gold Cup picture looks as much as it did before Christmas. Might Bite did nothing wrong, Sizing John did, but that might have been down to the proximity of his prep race, and nothing else really came to the fore.

"My fella has shortened up in the betting after Ascot, but it was only a graduation chase. Touch wood and all being well, we will be able to decide where we are going after his prep run.

"I don't have any concerns about his stamina, but it would have been stupid not to put him in the Gold Cup and the Ryanair as we are still nine weeks out from Cheltenham and can finalise plans nearer the time."
                I might have to take some evasive action here. Didn't realise I hadn't covered Coney Island at all in the Ryanair or any race!

2 pts e/w 50s GC is all I have.

I know you took some nice big prices market is currently suspended on betfair

Comment

Good to see Coney island connections very much open to the idea of the ryanair.

Im really hoping CI goes here Scooby. He's not ready for the GC in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    Im really hoping CI goes here Scooby. He's not ready for the GC in my opinion.
                    I think he will. But iv thought that from the start of the season. He would go close in the ryaniar he's far from certain to want 3m2 in the gold cup at this stage of his career. He dosent need to go gold cup this year and id be suprised if they ran him im it.

Comment

• Bar trying to work out the Mullins runner, not liking Fox Norton and taking 29.0 and 16s about Top Notch I've not really done much in this race so far.

Disko and Coney Island would both be very high on my shortlist but I find this market is always the hardest to find genuine value in...

There will be a shake up based on the Irish Gold cup depending on who stays/doesn't stay and there is still a possibility Yorkhill runs here which would keep plenty of horses at backable prices.

Comment

• Kev,
                        I really like both of those on your shortlist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Bar trying to work out the Mullins runner, not liking Fox Norton and taking 29.0 and 16s about Top Notch I've not really done much in this race so far.

Disko and Coney Island would both be very high on my shortlist but I find this market is always the hardest to find genuine value in...

There will be a shake up based on the Irish Gold cup depending on who stays/doesn't stay and there is still a possibility Yorkhill runs here which would keep plenty of horses at backable prices.

You don't like fox norton.
                          I don't like un de sceaux at all on anything but soft/ heavy.
                          And if it was he won't be in this race.

Comment

You don't like fox norton.
                            I don't like un de sceaux at all on anything but soft/ heavy.
                            And if it was he won't be in this race.
                            I don't like Foxy Norton that is correct... but if we go back to 16.03.2017....

14:50 Ryanair Chase 2m 4f 166y
                            (Grade 1) (Registered As The Festival Trophy) £300,000 added 5yo+ 8 ran
                            Winner £170,850 2nd £64,110 3rd £32,100 4th £15,990
                            Going: Good (Good to Soft in places)
                            Surface: Turf

1st - Un De Sceaux

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I don't like Foxy Norton that is correct... but if we go back to 16.03.2017....

14:50 Ryanair Chase 2m 4f 166y
                              (Grade 1) (Registered As The Festival Trophy) £300,000 added 5yo+ 8 ran
                              Winner £170,850 2nd £64,110 3rd £32,100 4th £15,990
                              Going: Good (Good to Soft in places)
                              Surface: Turf

1st - Un De Sceaux
                              Awful race. Sub lieutenant closing and beatenvfar more easily by fox norton. Fox Norton beat un de sceaux fair and square at punchestown over too short a trip.

If un de sceaux goes ryainair and goes of fav. I'll lay him all day.

We've seen what happens in France when he goes off fast like that over further against good horse.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 10 January 2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• IF we start talking about the price then that is different, of course. Price is everything.... but....

In terms on last years Ryanair, for me you can massivly UPGRADE the performance because of how keen he was. IF he settled, they'd not have been closing on him at the end... but he had the race won before that anyway IMO.

UDS peaked for March too, 6 weeks later on good to yeilding over a 2m is enough of a change in circumstances for me to not write off a 1.75L defeat to Fox Norton, who was beaten a head in the CC over 2m. Definitely couldn't use that form as proof than FN holds UDS over 2m5f at Chelt with soft in the going.

Although, similarly strongly to your opinion....... if Fox Norton goes Ryanair and goes off fav, I'll lay him all day

Comment

Working...
                                X