Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    Its not really a bold statement. Top Notch has never won at Cheltenham, and certainly won't be winning at the fez. He'll always find a few to good no matter what the quality of the race.
    It is. You're being silly. He'll line up single figure odds AGAIN so to day he certainly won't win is being silly? You're assuming a better horse will turn up, and I'd agree but there hasn't been a better Ryanair trial yet this season so on actual form that's the standard setter so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
      Zero chance was an unnecessarily strong wine fuelled statement! Looking at the potential line up he is a pretty solid each way bet and I agree overpriced. I wouldn’t see him winning it but that’s only because I’ve convinced myself that Douvan or Min go for this race - Min Champion Chase, Douvan Gold Cup (still think he is worth a try over that trip on breeding alone), with Un De Sceaux and Djakadam representing Mullins in this lesser race and Top Notch would have a strong chance
      Haha ... plenty of my posts are similar .... I doubt particularly fancy top notch BUT to me, top notch had set the standard there .... I expect Mullins will have one or two to beat him come March, but as of now, 16/1 is too big. He'll be single figures

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Haha ... plenty of my posts are similar .... I doubt particularly fancy top notch BUT to me, top notch had set the standard there .... I expect Mullins will have one or two to beat him come March, but as of now, 16/1 is too big. He'll be single figures
        Fox Norton is one id think would beat him in this race if aimed at it come March. I think this trip would bring out more improvement in him so he’d probably be my play in this race even if he has Douvan/Min as competition. Seems Champion Chase bound at the moment but plenty can change

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          It is. You're being silly. He'll line up single figure odds AGAIN so to day he certainly won't win is being silly? You're assuming a better horse will turn up, and I'd agree but there hasn't been a better Ryanair trial yet this season so on actual form that's the standard setter so far!
          Its a game of opinions. I tend to stick to certain rules that have stood the test of time financially for me. No A.King novices, a list of trainers that don't win festival races, and certainly not horses like Top Notch that lack the battling qualities that you need at the festival. He's soft, and I'm confident it will be confirmed.
          Last edited by doctorwu; 26 November 2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Its a game of opinions. I tend to stick to certain rules that have stood the test of time financially for me. No A.King novices, a list of trainers that don't win festival races, and certainly not horses like Top Notch that lack the battling qualities that you need at the festival. He's soft, and I'm confident it will be confirmed.
            That's even bolder. I think he's very tough and genuine personally
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              That's even bolder. I think he's very tough and genuine personally
              As I say, its a game of opinions. Time will tell. As for that race setting the standard, frankly thats irrelevant to me. Im not sure 16s we be much value if/when he nicks a place and you take into account the handful of horses that you've backed.

Comment

As I say, its a game of opinions. Time will tell. As for that race setting the standard, frankly thats irrelevant to me. Im not sure 16s we be much value if/when he nicks a place and you take into account the handful of horses that you've backed.
                Iv backed 2.
                Min 14s win only
                Top notch 16s ew

Room for another nearer the time if required but I'd happily go there with that hand.

Comment

Iv backed 2.
                  Min 14s win only
                  Top notch 16s ew

Room for another nearer the time if required but I'd happily go there with that hand.
                  one of your bets look very good if he goes there. Bachasson may well end up here.

Comment

one of your bets look very good if he goes there. Bachasson may well end up here.
                    Bachasson wouldn't worry me what so ever, couldnt have seen him going close in last years jlt, also in the same ownership as UDS like you said game of opinions

Comment

Bachasson wouldn't worry me what so ever, couldnt have seen him going close in last years jlt, also in the same ownership as UDS like you said game of opinions
                      there you go. As for last years Ryanair, what am I missing with Top Notch?? Ive seen the race and cheered home Yorkhill which ended up being part of a nice double with Tully East. Do you mean the scrappy jumps when it mattered, or the staying-on finish. I remember the Fighting Fifth, that says it all for me.

Comment

there you go. As for last years Ryanair, what am I missing with Top Notch?? Ive seen the race and cheered home Yorkhill which ended up being part of a nice double with Tully East. Do you mean the scrappy jumps when it mattered, or the staying-on finish. I remember the Fighting Fifth, that says it all for me.
                        Watch ithe JLT on jockey club videos free to view. If you still have the same opinion fair enough.
                        Watch from about half way and keep an eye on too notch.

Would be interested in your opinion

Comment

• Missed out on the latest racing action, or just want to relive the moment? Find all our Horse Racing Replays from across our 15 Racecourses here.

Comment

• I've seen the race several times. Are you talking about the faller he, AND Yorkhill dodged???

Comment

I've seen the race several times. Are you talking about the faller he, AND Yorkhill dodged???
                              No. Travelling really well with disko politologue yorkhill around him comes to the second last travelling Jacob drops his hands before the fence to let him pop it and in two minds he slows makes a scruffy jump and loses momentum, where ruby is full of confidence making yorkhill mind up for him, yorkhill goes on and disko jumped in front of top notch, top notch digs deep past disko and stays on really well to the line. If he flew the second last like yesterday should have been a tight race.

The other 3 horse around him are all of quality imo
                              That's how I see it. Others may differ.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 26 November 2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

No. Travelling really well with disko politologue yorkhill around him comes to the second last travelling Jacob drops his hands before the fence to let him pop it and in two minds he slows makes a scruffy jump and loses momentum, where ruby is full of confidence making yorkhill mind up for him, yorkhill goes on and disko jumped in front of top notch, top notch digs deep past disko and stays on really well to the line. If he flew the second last like yesterday should have been a tight race.

That's how I see it. Others may differ.
                                Thats fine Scooby. Don't think it would have made a scrap of difference. The jockey would be another reason why I can't have him.
                                Anyway, You like him and I don't. Come the day one of us is gonna be right.

Comment

Working...
                                X