Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Any love on here for Talkischeap?

He's a huge price for this at 40/1. A 2 X PTP winner and winner at Newbury on Betfair Hurdle day over 3 miles on soft ground. He would need to improve again but fits the profile of having plenty of experience and needs every inch of 3 miles.

He may not be classy enough but worth chancing at the prices.

1pt ew @44/1 (price boost)
    Nice enough price.

The Alan King hurdler stats are out to get you though!

Comment

• Those kind of stats don't bother me Kev. Alan King is good enough with the right horse. His ability as a racehorse is a far greater concern

Comment

Any love on here for Talkischeap?

He's a huge price for this at 40/1. A 2 X PTP winner and winner at Newbury on Betfair Hurdle day over 3 miles on soft ground. He would need to improve again but fits the profile of having plenty of experience and needs every inch of 3 miles.

He may not be classy enough but worth chancing at the prices.

1pt ew @44/1 (price boost)
        Not sure he is Graded class. For a horse who had won three points he was a relatively cheap purchase.

He was beaten a mile at Doncaster and prior to Newbury they thought he was a good ground horse and he has ended up being last off the bridle on soft ground. Suspect the race fell apart and even if it didn't it still doesn't look good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Not sure he is Graded class. For a horse who had won three points he was a relatively cheap purchase.

He was beaten a mile at Doncaster and prior to Newbury they thought he was a good ground horse and he has ended up being last off the bridle on soft ground. Suspect the race fell apart and even if it didn't it still doesn't look good enough.
          Fair comment KB. There have been plenty of winners of this that didn't look graded class beforehand though. His win at Newbury was a big improvement on his Donny run but he may well be out of his depth .

I don't like those at the top of the market so a few speculative bets in this is how I'm playing this.

Comment

Fair comment KB. There have been plenty of winners of this that didn't look graded class beforehand though. His win at Newbury was a big improvement on his Donny run but he may well be out of his depth .

I don't like those at the top of the market so a few speculative bets in this is how I'm playing this.
            If Next Destination doesn't run here then I'm on Fabulous Saga.

Comment

• Dortmund Park drifting out to 40's on the exchange for this now and Blow By Blow shortening into 25's. Switch of Martin Pipe/Albert Bartlett plans on the cards maybe?

I'm hoping so. Personally id give Dortmund Park a better squeak in the Martin Pipe & similarly Blow By Blow in the Albert Bartlett.

Comment

• Frank Hickey ....

Regularly the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle market is headed by a horse that’s undefeated after three or four runs, however they regularly then get beaten at Cheltenham by horse with far more experience.

That’s because the Albert Bartlett field tends to go at a really strong pace in the early stage and that pace usually collapses given the stiff three miles at Cheltenham. You’d want to be going with something a bit more streetwise and Talkischeap falls exactly into that category.

He’s had 11 outings – when you include his three point-to-points – and in his four runs over three miles, he’s won them all. He came to my attention in his outing at Newbury when running over three miles on soft ground, which wouldn’t be his preference.

He settled beautifully and travelled powerfully to win very comprehensively. He’s gone up to a mark of 142 off the back of that, which suggests to me he needs to improve another eight pounds to be winning this. However, the way he settles and travels, he’s one you can bury out the back of the field and let him produce it late.

He’s 20/1 at the moment, I’ve got involved with that and I wouldn’t put anyone off having a few quid on him each-way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Frank Hickey ....

Regularly the Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle market is headed by a horse that’s undefeated after three or four runs, however they regularly then get beaten at Cheltenham by horse with far more experience.

That’s because the Albert Bartlett field tends to go at a really strong pace in the early stage and that pace usually collapses given the stiff three miles at Cheltenham. You’d want to be going with something a bit more streetwise and Talkischeap falls exactly into that category.

He’s had 11 outings – when you include his three point-to-points – and in his four runs over three miles, he’s won them all. He came to my attention in his outing at Newbury when running over three miles on soft ground, which wouldn’t be his preference.

He settled beautifully and travelled powerfully to win very comprehensively. He’s gone up to a mark of 142 off the back of that, which suggests to me he needs to improve another eight pounds to be winning this. However, the way he settles and travels, he’s one you can bury out the back of the field and let him produce it late.

He’s 20/1 at the moment, I’ve got involved with that and I wouldn’t put anyone off having a few quid on him each-way.
                  Where is that from Kev?

Comment

Where is that from Kev?
                    40-1 with w hills on oddschecker.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      40-1 with w hills on oddschecker.
                      Strange that he's quoting 20/1

Comment

Where is that from Kev?
                        PP website - https://news.paddypower.com/horse-ra...15-cheltenham/

He'll be quoteing the PP price I imagine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          PP website - https://news.paddypower.com/horse-ra...15-cheltenham/

He'll be quoteing the PP price I imagine?
                          Thanks Kev.

Comment

• I think ballyward's deserves a mention here. He was thought very highly of last year before his injury, was up there with getabird,next destination and Carter mckay in the Mullins pecking order. Been a long comeback road for him but he looks to be there now and still at a decent price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
                              I think ballyward's deserves a mention here. He was thought very highly of last year before his injury, was up there with getabird,next destination and Carter mckay in the Mullins pecking order. Been a long comeback road for him but he looks to be there now and still at a decent price.
                              Would it only being the 5th run of his life not put you off BN? He's not a WILD price...

Comment

• I backed him for this the minute he went past the post at Nass kev, I haven't mentioned him before because I cant find the quote from Mullins about him being at the time his number one bumper horse for last year, which I've had in my notebook for over a year. ..Yes the amount of runs is a worry but Willie wouldn't put him in this if they were still minding him. I can see him running a big race.

Comment

Working...
                                X