Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite what I've said about Santini not being experienced enough for me in this race....... the following comment:

Henderson continues to insist he’s a horse for next year, hinting that this year’s Cheltenham isn’t really on his mind at this stage (“I suppose we’ll put him in the Albert Bartlett,” he said post-race at the weekend.)
    Santini is 12/1 with WH money back if doesn't run.... this is the only possible race he'd go for, and if he ran he'd be 1/3 of those odds AT LEAST.

I would lay off my stake if he did turn up as he isn't my idea of the winner, but his actual form and talent are not deniable and I am going to have 2 pts e/w on.... fully expecting to get my 4 pts back after the week is done... wpn't be everyones cup of tea but he is an emphatic example of a horse that would 100% be shorter if he ran. With the best UK form on offer, quite easily.

(he's 12/1 with WH the same price as Chef Des Obeaux for the same trainer, who he beat and is definitely held in higher regard than)...

Comment

• OTBS officially scratched for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        OTBS officially scratched for this race.
        -4 pts

I'd love to know which of OTBS and Santini Nicky thinks will be his best staying chaser in 2 years time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          -4 pts

I'd love to know which of OTBS and Santini Nicky thinks will be his best staying chaser in 2 years time
          Interestingly I was asking myself the same question yesterday. lol

Is that is now, he's not declared and cannot be entered in the AB?

I am pretty sure Hendo switched Bobs Worth to the AB very late on.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
            Interestingly I was asking myself the same question yesterday. lol

Is that is now, he's not declared and cannot be entered in the AB?

I am pretty sure Hendo switched Bobs Worth to the AB very late on.
            Yes, he did. It meant those who had backed for the shorter race ended up having to take rubbishy prices in comparison but at least he won.

Given that he plumped for the easier option then I think this was strange decision not to at least keep the option open this time. Is it stubbornness or confidence? I think he could win either race but you are obviously going to be less confident of that outcome should Samcro bolt up at the weekend.

Comment

• Looks like Santini runs here now- from Hendo’s blog

“Speaking of novices, I was extremely pleased with SANTINI at Cheltenham last Saturday and the further he went the better he went, so if we go back to Prestbury Park for the Festival it would have to be for the Albert Bartlett.

My first reaction was that he needs to wait another year and come back as a chaser but having spoken with his owners we might give it a go as he’s got to run somewhere and I think he’ll be much better on good ground. He’s such a beautiful mover, he doesn’t even take his feet an inch off the ground and we clearly have a very exciting horse on our hands.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Despite what I've said about Santini not being experienced enough for me in this race....... the following comment:

"Henderson continues to insist he’s a horse for next year, hinting that this year’s Cheltenham isn’t really on his mind at this stage (“I suppose we’ll put him in the Albert Bartlett,” he said post-race at the weekend.) "

Santini is 12/1 with WH money back if doesn't run.... this is the only possible race he'd go for, and if he ran he'd be 1/3 of those odds AT LEAST.

I would lay off my stake if he did turn up as he isn't my idea of the winner, but his actual form and talent are not deniable and I am going to have 2 pts e/w on.... fully expecting to get my 4 pts back after the week is done... wpn't be everyones cup of tea but he is an emphatic example of a horse that would 100% be shorter if he ran. With the best UK form on offer, quite easily.

(he's 12/1 with WH the same price as Chef Des Obeaux for the same trainer, who he beat and is definitely held in higher regard than)...
                Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                Looks like Santini runs here now- from Hendo’s blog

“Speaking of novices, I was extremely pleased with SANTINI at Cheltenham last Saturday and the further he went the better he went, so if we go back to Prestbury Park for the Festival it would have to be for the Albert Bartlett.

My first reaction was that he needs to wait another year and come back as a chaser but having spoken with his owners we might give it a go as he’s got to run somewhere and I think he’ll be much better on good ground. He’s such a beautiful mover, he doesn’t even take his feet an inch off the ground and we clearly have a very exciting horse on our hands.”
                Took 1 pt e/w during original pist and 12/1 and will have 2 pts win at 10/1 with WH again...

No way this would go off double figures!
                Last edited by Kevloaf; 2 February 2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Mr Whipped well beaten. Certainly didn't improve for the step up in trip and it seems likely that's his Cheltenham done and dusted.

Comment

• On the blind side beat red river 20 lengths. Not sure why Henderson didn’t enter him for the bartlett

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                      On the blind side beat red river 20 lengths. Not sure why Henderson didn’t enter him for the bartlett
                      Stubborness?

Didn't like Mr Whipped's attitude last time - not a player at all...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        On the blind side beat red river 20 lengths. Not sure why Henderson didn’t enter him for the bartlett
                        After what Samcro did today, which was always a possibility, stupidity springs to mind. As I said on here he should have given himself the option.

I think it was about Henderson having an idea that was at odds with just about everyone else and then sticking with it.

I would rather have a Cheltenham winner than a second but maybe these owners are different?

Comment

• Thought Dortmund Park only enhanced his chances for this the weekend, travelled all over them. Didn't find much 13 days after hacking up in what was effectively a swamp at Thurles. Can't imagine he'd have done a whole pile between those races. Very understandable for me he wasn't at his best in the finish. Also was said multiple times by Gordon that he was going to go down the "Milsean" route of the grade 2 in Thurles after winning his previous race. Milsean won that race also before being beaten at Thurles and finishing 0.5L 2nd to Martello Tower. That race in Thurles is still about 3 weeks away. I have had no choice but to take 25/1 on betfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                            Thought Dortmund Park only enhanced his chances for this the weekend, travelled all over them. Didn't find much 13 days after hacking up in what was effectively a swamp at Thurles. Can't imagine he'd have done a whole pile between those races. Very understandable for me he wasn't at his best in the finish. Also was said multiple times by Gordon that he was going to go down the "Milsean" route of the grade 2 in Thurles after winning his previous race. Milsean won that race also before being beaten at Thurles and finishing 0.5L 2nd to Martello Tower. That race in Thurles is still about 3 weeks away. I have had no choice but to take 25/1 on betfair.
                            The only one I took out of that race personally was dicey o Reilly for the martin pipe. Ran off levels and the amateur was without his claim. Travelled well and ran a cracker imo.
                            Dylan Robinson I'd be assuming would keep the ride and phil will give him a few pounds he was on 131 before the race.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              Thought Dortmund Park only enhanced his chances for this the weekend, travelled all over them. Didn't find much 13 days after hacking up in what was effectively a swamp at Thurles. Can't imagine he'd have done a whole pile between those races. Very understandable for me he wasn't at his best in the finish. Also was said multiple times by Gordon that he was going to go down the "Milsean" route of the grade 2 in Thurles after winning his previous race. Milsean won that race also before being beaten at Thurles and finishing 0.5L 2nd to Martello Tower. That race in Thurles is still about 3 weeks away. I have had no choice but to take 25/1 on betfair.
                              Yep agree, Had a few pts with this today
                              Last edited by TheEagleHasLanded; 5 February 2018, 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Henderson has said that On The Blind side doesn't go three miles because he got sore shins running downhill over the trip. I must be missing something but isn't the shorter trip undulating as well? The difference being they will be going faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X