Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    He's going to be frustratingly short when they open up next years Novice chase markets that's for sure.
    Yes 100% agree.

One of the most difficult ante post types of horse... one that starts shorter than they deserve to be, if they don't make mistakes they're never a backable price.

On The Blind Side almost certain to be the same too next year... although I imagine this years festival could affect his price!

Comment

• Just got back from Cheltenham, as always this one turns out to be a heavy weekend. Calett just didnt run any kind of race and Im left hoping that its the result of something slightly wrong with the Twister runners, they all ran well below par. However even if that is the reason its getting too close to the festival for that to be a decent outcome. Very disappointing from Calett Mad, now wheres the next qualifier for the pertemps!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Just got back from Cheltenham, as always this one turns out to be a heavy weekend. Calett just didnt run any kind of race and Im left hoping that its the result of something slightly wrong with the Twister runners, they all ran well below par. However even if that is the reason its getting too close to the festival for that to be a decent outcome. Very disappointing from Calett Mad, now wheres the next qualifier for the pertemps!!!!!!!
        There were 4 races in February last season, I assume there are 4 again this season where he can qualify. I'd imagine the latest run won't harm his mark too much either, was 141 prior to Saturday, so that will probably drop slightly. PP won off 146 last season.

Comment

• Unlucky Billymag being saving up for the festival this year. Why being doing so many ante post bets online from early August time instead. Of for two days In March this year Tuesday and the Wednesday.

Comment

• How easy would this be if Henderson had a change of heart and sent On The Blind Side here? If the horse is well it would look akin to something of a penalty kick, at least compared to Ballymore. Sadly, I don't think we are going to see another Bobs Worth, mainly because it appeared to be the trainer's baby to go the Ballymore route when pretty much everyone else had viewed him as a thorough stayer prior to Sandown.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
              How easy would this be if Henderson had a change of heart and sent On The Blind Side here? If the horse is well it would look akin to something of a penalty kick, at least compared to Ballymore. Sadly, I don't think we are going to see another Bobs Worth, mainly because it appeared to be the trainer's baby to go the Ballymore route when pretty much everyone else had viewed him as a thorough stayer prior to Sandown.
              I wouldn't say it was a penalty kick for OTBS because Cracking Smart and potentially Next Destination would be tough and talented horses...

Looking at the market now
              Confirmed runners are
              Cracking Smart 7/1
              Dortmund Park 16/1
              Chef Des Obeaux 16/1
              Poetic Rhythm 20/1

Potential runners
              Next Destination 8/1
              Mr Whipped 16/1
              Fabulous Saga 20/1
              Ballyward 25/1
              Slate House 25/1
              Blow By Blow 33/1

Unlikely runners
              On The Blind Side 12/1
              Santini 14/1
              Samcro 16/1
              Getabird 16/1

I'll have missed a few there but there must be plenty of value to be had still here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I wouldn't say it was a penalty kick for OTBS because Cracking Smart and potentially Next Destination would be tough and talented horses...

Looking at the market now
                Confirmed runners are
                Cracking Smart 7/1
                Dortmund Park 16/1
                Chef Des Obeaux 16/1
                Poetic Rhythm 20/1

Potential runners
                Next Destination 8/1
                Mr Whipped 16/1
                Fabulous Saga 20/1
                Ballyward 25/1
                Slate House 25/1
                Blow By Blow 33/1

Unlikely runners
                On The Blind Side 12/1
                Santini 14/1
                Samcro 16/1
                Getabird 16/1

I'll have missed a few there but there must be plenty of value to be had still here!
                I think On The Blind Side's Sandown win is this season's best bit of novice form, quite a bit better than anything from either Cracking Smart or Next Destination. Don't get me wrong I think he can see off Samcro but this would be easier task. Although to be serious there are no real penalty kicks, he would be a clear favourite for this if confirmed. Henderson has some promising novices but this is the best and I suspect the others will be shuffled around to fit in with his target.

Comment

• Be interesting to see the GiGi jockey bookings for this.. will Davy be on Dortmund park? Have both him and CS covered for this

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                    Be interesting to see the GiGi jockey bookings for this.. will Davy be on Dortmund park? Have both him and CS covered for this
                    Probably have Kennedy with Cracking Smart and Davy on Dortmund Park.... seems like Jack gets the choice on hurdles horses and Davy they go to for fences... I think Davy's fences record is much better than his hurdles record everywhere, including Cheltenham.

Comment

• Cracking Smart for me here, appears to be improving and step up in trip should bring best out of him

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                        Cracking Smart for me here, appears to be improving and step up in trip should bring best out of him
                        Covered by Next Destination twice already this season, should they meet I don't actually think the step up in trip will make much difference that the form will be reversed.

Comment

• I do, I’d rather side with the horse who appears to be improving than the one that may have nothing left.

Comment

• As novices why would one be improving and the other not?

What's to suggest ND can't improve as much as, if not more than CS?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              As novices why would one be improving and the other not?

I think cracking smart would be more suited to 3 miles so would get closer... butt if they both ran ND would have to go off fav.

I'd perhaps chance CS at the odds but the price would need to reflect the 2m4f form and then some

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                As novices why would one be improving and the other not?

100% agree, as you say ND has had Cs covered twice. There is no reason why they both couldnt improve equally

Comment

Working...
                                X