Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    The way i see his pp price is anything but a victory he would go bartlett. You have yo take into account his chances of winning this race. Ofcourse you'd want to lay him right now as a bookmaker for the ballymore because it's a very deep race there's every chance for something to put it up to him as you have them all there to beat.
    If he wins this well that's a whole different matter. Within a couple of days id expect them to go top price the Albert bartlett. With him booking his place as the one going into the ballymore with the best form in the book.
    But as we stand he already has the best form in the book for the Ballymore to my eyes. He should be fav for the race already to me, if this is indeed his preferred target.

Comment

Not much tbh,
      his French novice hurdle (in may) was full of newcomers he obviously won that. Nothing much has ran since that got near him. They say they like him and he works well.... complete guess from my end. Wouldn't expect him to win, But wouldn't be a huge shock.
      Cheers, bow to your knowledge on the french scene

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        But as we stand he already has the best form in the book for the Ballymore to my eyes. He should be fav for the race already to me, if this is indeed his preferred target.
        You may be correct. But weight of money is what makes the books. And samcro gas been hyped up from a long way out. Backed it up in what races he was sent to, whether thats top form or not compared to this race you can interptet yourself. But money continued to pour in. They have to run for cover .

Would be very strange to have samcro shorter than ND should he win here. But if they pushed samcro out public money would come regardless. Such as the media... And deal that has been made about his victories.

He has the potential to be very good Samcro he could win, and he's done everything well I can't knock him. But he's not that price on form and potential alone.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Been digging a little deeper into Blow By Blow's form this season and I don't have him a huge way behind the principles at all for the race on Sunday. I've backed him so maybe i'm seeing what I want to see, but if he's come on a little again for his last run, and if this could be his optimum trip, then I don't think he's a forlorn hope for the places

Comment

You may be correct. But weight of money is what makes the books. And samcro gas been hyped up from a long way out. Backed it up in what races he was sent to, whether thats top form or not compared to this race you can interptet yourself. But money continued to pour in. They have to run for cover .

Would be very strange to have samcro shorter than ND should he win here. But if they pushed samcro out public money would come regardless. Such as the media... And deal that has been made about his victories.

He has the potential to be very good Samcro he could win, and he's done everything well I can't knock him. But he's not that price on form and potential alone.
            Of course. I meant should be fav on form alone. Obviously its huge volumes of money that are responsible for his price.

Im just struggling to work out what they are thinking with ND. PP have a history of getting it right with regards to targets... they were shortest on him for the Ballymore initially, then made a big move on making him shortest for the AB after his last run. You said yourself you thought the AB was definitely the target on the back of that. I know I did.

Maybe they've just no idea this time as not even the yard have a clear idea yet... and are strictly changing odds due to bets placed, but its not normally that straight forward with them.

Comment

• Ive most of my money on ND any race, but if they are thinking Ballymore, I think the current 10/1 is absolutely huge. He's already a 5/1 poke on what he's achieved in my eyes, and as you say, will be nearer 3/1 if he wins this and we know thats his target.

Comment

• Who does everyone think will be Willie's first pick in each race come March... who will Ruby ride?

I think:

Supreme - Sharjah
                Ballymore - Getabird
                AB - Next Destination

Comment

Who does everyone think will be Willie's first pick in each race come March... who will Ruby ride?

I think:

Supreme - Sharjah
                  Ballymore - Getabird
                  AB - Next Destination
                  Agree entirely

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Agree entirely
                    Bottom two liable to switch dependent on performance Sunday

Comment

Bottom two liable to switch dependent on performance Sunday
                      Yeah that's my worry too, definitely looks possible.... and Getabird is a 3m winning pointer. But if ND wins well on Sunday and looks their star novice would they run him in the hotter race and Getabird in the 3 miler and potentially win neither?! I suppose if ND does win well on Sunday they could then run Getabird in a 3m hurdle and then decide.

I'm honestly not sure even Willie has the answers yet.

Really tempted with the 10/1 about ND for the Ballymore, I must say.

Comment

Who does everyone think will be Willie's first pick in each race come March... who will Ruby ride?

I think:

Supreme - Sharjah
                        Ballymore - Getabird
                        AB - Next Destination
                        If Next Destination wins comprehensively on Sunday i can't see them stepping him up for the Albert Bartlett, i think Getabird will go that direction if things go to plan. But your guess is as good as mine at this stage i suppose. For what it's worth Patrick Mullins was quoted as saying "We are hoping at this stage that he might make into a horse for the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham and we'll find out a bit more after Sunday."
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 5 January 2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Been digging a little deeper into Blow By Blow's form this season and I don't have him a huge way behind the principles at all for the race on Sunday. I've backed him so maybe i'm seeing what I want to see, but if he's come on a little again for his last run, and if this could be his optimum trip, then I don't think he's a forlorn hope for the places
                          I'd be pretty sure he wants decent ground a good gallop and 3 miles.
                          I still like him for the bartlett. Martin pipe not out the question.

Comment

I'd be pretty sure he wants decent ground a good gallop and 3 miles.
                            I still like him for the bartlett. Martin pipe not out the question.
                            I’m not sure about the 3 miles, his performance the last time over that kind of trip wasn’t as good as his earlier efforts over shorter to me, and he showed enough pace in his bumpers. Not too much rain forecast at Naas next couple of days so hopefully it won’t be any worse than soft (probably wishful thinking). Sunday should reveal all as to his chances anywhere this season. If he doesn’t perform wouldn’t be at all surprised if he skips the festival and they ready him for chasing next year

Comment

I’m not sure about the 3 miles, his performance the last time over that kind of trip wasn’t as good as his earlier efforts over shorter to me, and he showed enough pace in his bumpers. Not too much rain forecast at Naas next couple of days so hopefully it won’t be any worse than soft (probably wishful thinking). Sunday should reveal all as to his chances anywhere this season. If he doesn’t perform wouldn’t be at all surprised if he skips the festival and they ready him for chasing next year
                              It's soft heavy in places already.
                              I thought his last run was a small step up, the further the better he keeps galloping all day he diddnt get on top until right at the end. I think you could have gone another mile and the 2nd would get back past him. and spring ground Will be the making of him.
                              Not sure.
                              He could finish 4th 5th 6th and still have a decent chance in a bartlett or martin pipe for me. Such as the competitiveness of this race.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 5 January 2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• What's your take on Lydia Hislop's Albert Bartlett tip Poetic Rhythm? I have had a terrible record in this race the last few years with Death Duty and the year before Barters Hill, so my interest has been minimal but want to have some opinions of who they think is overpriced or should be backed

Comment

Working...
                                X