Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    That depends how many pts you want to put on it, personally I'd be inclined, and have indeed, gone small on that pairing already, so don't see it as a huge waste.
    Ditto COD - I have 1pt on that double at 89/1

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      That depends how many pts you want to put on it, personally I'd be inclined, and have indeed, gone small on that pairing already, so don't see it as a huge waste.
      Im very conservative with my pts ....

I did also toy with Faugheen and Nichols Canyon but these are the kind of things I think about on my lunch break ...

I can't place a bet without my spreadsheet now so I can check what I'm already on ... pretty sure I'm on 350 pts so far lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Im very conservative with my pts ....

I did also toy with Faugheen and Nichols Canyon but these are the kind of things I think about on my lunch break ...

I can't place a bet without my spreadsheet now so I can check what I'm already on ... pretty sure I'm on 350 pts so far lol

350 pts . I really hope your pts are small kev because that's some going in November.

What's the usual for pts in total by the time the supreme goes off?
        Last edited by Scooby91; 16 November 2017, 02:58 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I just hope that Min goes here as got a healthy return coming back if wins, I think he is totally made for this race, I just hope connections think the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            350 pts . I really hope your pts are small kev because that's some going in November.

What's the usual for pts in total by the time the supreme goes off?
            The usual is that it is more than it was the year before .... I've only been recording my Cheltenham since 2010 and my bets from 2015.

Last year was 1000+ pts ... won't be much more this year, Not got a wedding to pay for though this time

If you pm me I'll let you know, it's not a secret but we prefer to keep it anonymous so that people aren't swayed by people who might gamble more and know less

Comment

The usual is that it is more than it was the year before .... I've only been recording my Cheltenham since 2010 and my bets from 2015.

Last year was 1000+ pts ... won't be much more this year, Not got a wedding to pay for though this time

If you pm me I'll let you know, it's not a secret but we prefer to keep it anonymous so that people aren't swayed by people who might gamble more and know less
              Have you ever thought about just increasing your stake per point?

Comment

I record my best just by simply sceen shotting them in a folder of which I have 81. but I don't really back to points as such,

And simular situation me but this year, my Mrs is pregnant and we have a baby due the week before Cheltenham. So could do with getting a 1000 pts back lol.
                Just worried he might be week late and a tough decision to make

Comment

I record my best just by simply sceen shotting them in a folder of which I have 81. but I don't really back to points as such,

And simular situation me but this year, my Mrs is pregnant and we have a baby due the week before Cheltenham. So could do with getting a 1000 pts back lol.
                  Jesus, you didn't time that well

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                    Have you ever thought about just increasing your stake per point?
                    I did increase what a point was worth a couple of years back when I started taking my betting more seriously, but the amount 1 pt is now an amount which I am pretty comfortable with and I would put myself in danger of losing more than I can afford quickly if I increased it now.

I'd say I punt with 20-30 pts a weekend, which gives me interest for most of it... depending on how it goes doesn't always go on to Cheltenham, as I try and keep it seperate, but some months I have more to play with.... so this year, I am on 350 pts because I had some lucky flat meetings.... but in theory, I chip away when a price is wrong (to me) confident that it is a 'loan' until March.

If it all went wrong, then I might re-asses, but it has worked every year so far fortunately! Better to be lucky than good

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post

Does that make it hard to know if you're up or down? (possibly not in your heavily involved in exchanges as it is there in plain sight?)

and congrats and riskkyyyyyy .... she might start to pop as the Ballymore starts

Comment

I did increase what a point was worth a couple of years back when I started taking my betting more seriously, but the amount 1 pt is now an amount which I am pretty comfortable with and I would put myself in danger of losing more than I can afford quickly if I increased it now.

I'd say I punt with 20-30 pts a weekend, which gives me interest for most of it... depending on how it goes doesn't always go on to Cheltenham, as I try and keep it seperate, but some months I have more to play with.... so this year, I am on 350 pts because I had some lucky flat meetings.... but in theory, I chip away when a price is wrong (to me) confident that it is a 'loan' until March.

If it all went wrong, then I might re-asses, but it has worked every year so far fortunately! Better to be lucky than good

Does that make it hard to know if you're up or down? (possibly not in your heavily involved in exchanges as it is there in plain sight?)

and congrats and riskkyyyyyy .... she might start to pop as the Ballymore starts
                      I know how much iv staked in total I just don't have a point system of an average ammount I will put on a horse. Ie i may make a rash decision to go big on one after a race when a price is still available like footpad at the weekend.

And I really hope not lol if the worst case scenario I hope the Wi-Fi is good.

Comment

• Congrats Scooby.

I remember watching Cue Cards first betfair chase win when my Mrs was in the early stages of labour. She wasn't pleased when she caught me watching Match of the Day when our sons arrival was imminent.

Comment

• hopefully it won't come to that lol. But atleast I won't feel guilty now if i did watch on my phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Congrats Scooby.

I remember watching Cue Cards first betfair chase win when my Mrs was in the early stages of labour. She wasn't pleased when she caught me watching Match of the Day when our sons arrival was imminent.
                            Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            hopefully it won't come to that lol. But atleast I won't feel guilty now if i did watch on my phone.
                            I would love to hear the other sides of those moments

Comment

At least you'll be able to watch the Highlights scooby , while your'e bottle feeding and changing those nappies !!.

Comment

• Qmcc is a very interesting market now.
                                Great field pushed out to 20s with pp, and is out until atleast the spring

Comment

Working...
                                X