Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Following paddy in.
    Gone large on min 12s ew
    Just had more of the same with 365!

Comment

• 7s now with bet365.

Comment

• Same COD 1/4 odds too.
        Don't necessarily believe douvan is injured but I do believe min is the one out the 2 for the cc.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
          7s now with bet365.
          They do lay a decent bet.

Comment

Same COD 1/4 odds too.
            Don't necessarily believe douvan is injured but I do believe min is the one out the 2 for the cc.
            Yeah, it further enhances my belief that Min was going for this race anyway.

Comment

Following paddy in.
              Gone large on min 12s ew
              Exactly the same reaction for me - not been able to post fast enough - but Boyle are still 12/1 if anyones missed the 365 price

I am 100% of the opinion Min cannot beat Altior over any distance, over any obstacle.... but 12/1 each way is was a pretty smart bet anyway to be able to put yourself in an incredibly strong position to make money out of this race... if the rumours are true, AND/OR Douvan steps up in trip.... they'll be closer to 4/6 and 3/1 on the day! ..... so that swayed me to get Min in the bag. (each way)...

I am getting tempted to have a punt at Douvan for the Ryanair
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 30 October 2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• I'm watching his prices for Ryan air gold cup lol.

Comment

• Willie confirms to Racing Post that Douvan is fine! Someone after some followers, clearly!

Comment

• Contrary to some rumours on Twitter, Willie Mullins reports that all is fine with Douvan

Comment

Contrary to some rumours on Twitter, Willie Mullins reports that all is fine with Douvan
                      How often is there no substance to the Willie Mullins rumours?

I can't get away from my original thoughts that they'll have a look at how good Altior is against UDS before they decide, but if Douvan isn't what they consider a favourites chance against Altior, I see no reason they'll not go for the Ryanair.
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 30 October 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Like most on here, I can't see Douvan lining up against Altior. My take on the form of each is that they're very closely matched - given that Altior has had no setbacks (and didn't seem at his peak last March yet still won) then you would reckon Altior might have the edge this year even on a peak Douvan. Min and Great Field would be worthy opponents, Great Field trying to make all out in front, Min sitting on Altior's tail. I would still fancy Altior to win but the each way value is (was) there

Comment

• What has been going on? Is Douvan out for the season??

Comment

• Well I watched Politilouge back today and thought I'd have a look to see whether he might be a dark horse at around 33/1 for this Champion Chase, which could very well cut up!

I see he is now 14/1-16/1 in most places.

Not sure he was 33/1 in the first place but he is now a very best price 20/1 with some useless bookies.

I'll wait for him to get beat in the Tingle Creek and have a little look again.

Comment

• I was at Ascot last season when Politilogue won and made a note never to back the horse, he was stopping halfway up the run in having been on the bridle approaching the last, today again he had a commanding lead which was diminishing at the line.
                              I can't work out whether he's a screw and one to avoid or whether he just gets lonely or bored in front, if he does it again and gets chinned I'll know.
                              No question the horse has considerable talent but can he be trusted ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Well I watched Politilouge back today and thought I'd have a look to see whether he might be a dark horse at around 33/1 for this Champion Chase, which could very well cut up!

I see he is now 14/1-16/1 in most places.

Not sure he was 33/1 in the first place but he is now a very best price 20/1 with some useless bookies.

I'll wait for him to get beat in the Tingle Creek and have a little look again.

He strikes me as grade 2/ weak grade 1 class but not good enough to serve it up to an Altior, Douvan or Min.
                                Last edited by KingSprinterSacre; 7 November 2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X