Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'd think they'll be able to use that running to know where they stand with Douvan. My personal hunch is that, if they feel Douvan would have a favourites chance against Altior, he'll run.... if they DON'T, they'll say Min is improving, can "put it up to Altior".... send Douvan over further (maybe even pick up the Ryanair!) and win that race with Douvan, leaving Min to be 'put away' by Altior again. Altior improved as a chaser for me, and already had 7L on Min... so Min would need to have improved as a chaser (which he looks like he had AND then make up 7L)....

Soft ground for the Tingle Creek would be perfect to test Altior/UDS!
    I agree with the douvan part completely, I really don't think he will take on altior in the qmcc. If he did I thinkbhed get beat. And pp been ducking min in this race from an early stage
    Not saying min beats altior but the price discrepancy is wrong .
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

A quick twitter search shows lots of people going "oh god, these Douvan rumours!" but no actual rumours. Just people talking about there being some. What a stupid platform it is

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        I agree with the douvan part completely, I really don't think he will take on altior in the qmcc. If he did I thinkbhed get beat. And pp been ducking min in this race from an early stage
        Not saying min beats altior but the price discrepancy is wrong .
        I echo the thoughts of many on here.

Min has been my QMCC horse from the get go, he's my only exchange bet for this race as his price is ridiculous compared with both Altior & Douvan, admittedly he has 7 lengths, on hurdles form, to find with Altior, but that's assuming he hasn't improved as a chaser and due to him being lightly raced surely has more improvement in him than Altior does?

Considering Mullins has said both Douvan & Min will likely start out over 2m this season is surely the perfect opportunity to trade him on the exchanges, being over 12/1, that won't last long at all.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
          A quick twitter search shows lots of people going "oh god, these Douvan rumours!" but no actual rumours. Just people talking about there being some. What a stupid platform it is
          Was a simular one for limini the year she won the mares novice.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            The best one was when everyone thought Min had an injury before the Supreme Novices Hurdle, drifted like mad on the exchanges then it was put to bed by Willie, and then everyone found out it was Son Heung-MIN who was injured, who happens to be a footballer for Tottenham, brilliant stuff from the Twitter army!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              The best one was when everyone thought Min had an injury before the Supreme Novices Hurdle, drifted like mad on the exchanges then it was put to bed by Willie, and then everyone found out it was Son Heung-MIN who was injured, who happens to be a footballer for Tottenham, brilliant stuff from the Twitter army!
              I imagine it's just Kevin Blake's Pot Noodle Man up to his old tricks

Comment

'DOUVAN to be retired. Has had another setback at home, official news will be confirmed this week'

That was posted onto twitter about 15 mins ago, though not an official source by any means

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                  'DOUVAN to be retired. Has had another setback at home, official news will be confirmed this week'

That was posted onto twitter about 15 mins ago, though not an official source by any means
                  If there is any truth to this, Altior will be 4/6 for the QMCC by Friday. Would love to be able to lump on Altior at 6/4 just in case, but still too far away from the festival for me i'm afraid.

Hopefully it is just a rumour, would be a real shame for the racing world to see such a superstar have his career cut short.

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post

The lad that tweeted that has 17 followers, could be cry for more, not saying it isn't legit, but think I'll wait for official confirmation!

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
                      If there is any truth to this, Altior will be 4/6 for the QMCC by Friday. Would love to be able to lump on Altior at 6/4 just in case, but still too far away from the festival for me i'm afraid.

Hopefully it is just a rumour, would be a real shame for the racing world to see such a superstar have his career cut short.
                      I already have Great Field for this but am going in on Min each way at 12s, just seems a stand out bet for me regardless of Douvan's well being. Will cover Altior in multiples closer to the time

Comment

• Min into 13/2 from 8s with Paddy's would give the rumour a bit more substance....

Comment

• And Altior 4/5...

Comment

• I've only covered Min for the QMCC anyway, but hope, for the sports sake that it isn't true! He's a star.

Comment

• Following paddy in.
                              Gone large on min 12s ew

Comment

• Ever douvan is injured or gets stepped up. They've been ducking all year

Comment

Working...
                                X