Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'll wait for him to get beat in the Tingle Creek and have a little look again.
    Hopefully he gets beaten out of sight in the Tingle Creek and the bookies over react.

I can see a strongly run 2m at Cheltenham really suiting him and would be interested should some big prices become available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Hopefully he gets beaten out of sight in the Tingle Creek and the bookies over react.

I can see a strongly run 2m at Cheltenham really suiting him and would be interested should some big prices become available.
      Yeah that was my exact thought... Just had a look and I don't think there has ever been a price above 25/1, so maybe its wishful thinking on my part

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
        He strikes me as grade 2/ weak grade 1 class but not good enough to serve it up to an Altior, Douvan or Min.
        Agree KSS. Has Nichols got a Grade 1 horse in his stable................I can't think of one.

Comment

• Sorry if already posted on here before. Does any of you guys know what has happened to Charbel? Will he be running in this? Quite tempting still at a price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            Sorry if already posted on here before. Does any of you guys know what has happened to Charbel? Will he be running in this? Quite tempting still at a price.
            Out tomorrow at Wincanton... Kim Bailey says he's been impressing at home - but nothing on target at Cheltenham. I would imagine this is the target after serving it up to Altior in the Arkle last year before falling.

***Should note he's going over hurdles tomorrow, seeing how he handles the hurdles and Bailey said they can revert back to chasing later in the season if needed.

Comment

• I don't go on Betfair. So managed to get some 25s on him before tomorrow.

Comment

• Charbels record fresh (50 days or more off the track) is excellent, form reads 1-1-1-1-F, the fall being in the Arkle against Altior, where he was certainly serving it up to him then as well, and was by no means beat!

Must have a cracking chance tomorrow, on the basis of his runs when fresh, even if it is back over hurdles.

Comment

• Some targets some I will get wrong some hopefully will look big become March. I'm pleased it took me a few years to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Charbels record fresh (50 days or more off the track) is excellent, form reads 1-1-1-1-F, the fall being in the Arkle against Altior, where he was certainly serving it up to him then as well, and was by no means beat!

Must have a cracking chance tomorrow, on the basis of his runs when fresh, even if it is back over hurdles.
                    Could be worth taking some big prices for the Champion Hurdle before tomorrows race. Connection might even be tempted by the Greatwood if he wins nicely tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Could be worth taking some big prices for the Champion Hurdle before tomorrows race. Connection might even be tempted by the Greatwood if he wins nicely tomorrow.
                      Kim Bailey quote below

"I was thinking about the Greatwood (at Cheltenham's November Meeting) but that will be even more competitive.

"We don't really want to take on Altior again so we will try him over hurdles and it will do his confidence some good.

"I'm very happy with him and how he gets on will determine if he stays hurdling or not."

Comment

• Have to give props to whoever runs this Douvan twitters page

Gave me a good laugh
                        Last edited by Hurricane fly; 11 November 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• That made my mind up just had £25 at 3/1 Douvan. Altior wasn't running the best at Cheltenham so gone in and hoping

Comment

• Taken some of the remaining 7/2 about Douvan. Once he gets some entries, that’ll drop to 5/2, and 7/4 probably after a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                              Taken some of the remaining 7/2 about Douvan. Once he gets some entries, that’ll drop to 5/2, and 7/4 probably after a win.
                              Do you think douvan and min both go there or just douvan?

I personally think just min and great field.. And I'd be willing to stick my neck out with complete confidence that min goes here.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 12 November 2017, 07:49 AM.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Do you think douvan and min both go there or just douvan?

I personally think just min and great field.. And I'd be willing to stick my neck out with complete confidence that min goes here.
                                Agree with that. I think there’s hope on the breeding side of things that Douvan will get 3 miles, he’s been entered in the King George, he beat Sizing John regularly, and they have always thought Min has the ability to stick it to Altior. Think this is the least likely race we’ll see Douvan in at the festival

Comment

Working...
                                X