Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
    Henderson didn't sound particularly bullish over Altiors chances on Saturday in that Racing Post YouTube video posted earlier. I'd expect him to come on plenty for his first run of the season. The ground will probably be on soft side which would favour Politologue
    Makes no difference to myself. He's had a hobday. Its a routine surgical procedure. Very unlikely to be an issue. He's just being cautious with the media and I don't blame him for that.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• No news on great field lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Makes no difference to myself. He's had a hobday. Its a routine surgical procedure. Very unlikely to be an issue. He's just being cautious with the media and I don't blame him for that.
        Hopefully they both line up Saturday and we'll have a clearer picture on the Champion Chase afterwards.

Comment

Great field if he made it would go off like an absolute mad man.
          Wouldn't suit min though or altior . Would possibly fire min up. And great field is not a horse you'd want to give much rope. For the non mullins horses. Could potentially be a Wicklow brave at punchestown with nobody wanting to commit to follow. And too much to do to reel him back in.
          Might be talking through my pocket but min looked a lot more relaxed at leopardstown
          Maybe he is growing up and settling a bit better
          Special tiara went a good gallop and he didnt appear too lit up
          Hoping he will deal with the hustle and bustle of Cheltenham and prove to be a champion
          Fully understand how the bet in running gurus will be ready to lay him if he doesn't settle

Comment

• Impeccable.

Comment

• Can't wait for that rematch!

Comment

• Brilliant horse, brilliant performance!

Comment

• I cannot WAIT for the "showdown" against Min.

That was easy from Altior... he is the best horse in training and he'll be giving Min a beating in March.

Can't wait for all the debate in the build up now..... all the love for the Ricci horse "he got injured in the Supreme" blah blah

Altior and Douvan are a level above Min. I cannot wait

Comment

• The 8/1 for Politilogue that PP have puished him out to is a fair each way price. Obviously no prospect of winning if Altioor turned up.... but the race wasn't run to suit Politilogue today and Nicholls had also said this was a stepping stone... it isn't a huge over reaction, as he was TOO SHORT before the race...but 8/1 is fair enough.... not that anyone will be taking it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I cannot WAIT for the "showdown" against Min.

That was easy from Altior... he is the best horse in training and he'll be giving Min a beating in March.

Can't wait for all the debate in the build up now..... all the love for the Ricci horse "he got injured in the Supreme" blah blah

Altior and Douvan are a level above Min. I cannot wait
                      Big statement after winning a two horse race.. I'll bookmark it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                        The two horse race merely confirmed to me he's the same horse that he was last year.... which for me is enough to be extremely confident he's the best two mile chaser between the two! and the second horse had won 3 Grade 1's?

You don't need to bookmark it... I'll be having plenty more comments like that

At the moment Min is my biggest winner in this race too .... which I better get out there... he was 12/1 and the biggest danger...whereas Altior has never been anywhere near that price (apart from a few on here who got 6/1(ish) before the Arkle last year!)

You not impressed with what you saw though Sir?

Comment

Altior is better than min AND douvan imo too. Min is a very very nice horse. Altior is a once in a decade horse imo. Not just on today, on everything he's done so far. I'm 26 years old. But when I'm an old man id be suprised if I can't remember altior.

Comment

Altior is better than min AND douvan imo too. Min is a very very nice horse. Altior is a once in a decade horse imo. Not just on today, on everything he's done so far. I'm 26 years old. But when I'm an old man id be suprised if I can't remember altior.
                            Hear hear. 20 year old myself and agree with that, will remember Altior when im old and wrinkly

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              The two horse race merely confirmed to me he's the same horse that he was last year.... which for me is enough to be extremely confident he's the best two mile chaser between the two! and the second horse had won 3 Grade 1's?

You don't need to bookmark it... I'll be having plenty more comments like that

At the moment Min is my biggest winner in this race too .... which I better get out there... he was 12/1 and the biggest danger...whereas Altior has never been anywhere near that price (apart from a few on here who got 6/1(ish) before the Arkle last year!)

You not impressed with what you saw though Sir?
                              Its not that I am not impressed, it just a wouldn't get carried away with what he beat, everyone knows he is a very good horse maybe great, but in my eyes the QMCC was always going to be a two horse race if Min and Altior is both on song.

Personally I think Min would have beaten the second without much trouble. .

PS

Until he beats Min fair and square I will hold judgement...
                              Last edited by Sirbetalot; 10 February 2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Its not that I am not impressed, it just a wouldn't get carried away with what he beat, everyone knows he is a very good horse maybe great, but in my eyes the QMCC was always going to be a two horse race if Min and Altior is both on song.

Personally I think Min would have beaten the second without much trouble. .
                                I'd agree with the last Bit, but altior just does what he has to do and gets the job done. Regardless of opposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X