Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    WPM now saying there's a chance that Douvan makes the Cheltenham festival.
    Would be simular scenes to that of vautour after winning the Ryanair. Was a Strange atmosphere. Imagine people who laid off at huge prices to get a few quid back wouldn't be too pleased.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      WPM now saying there's a chance that Douvan makes the Cheltenham festival.
      You're kidding!?! The scenes if he lines up!
      I heard the Ricci quotes at the weekend but dismissed the fact Cheltenham could come into play.
      The entries for this race (and the Gold Cup and Ryanair) are due on Tuesday...guess we shall be seeing an entry for him then

Comment

• Mullins, in his Saturday column for the Racing Post, said: “We’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well things are going with him. It’s a long shot at this stage and getting him back on the track this season might not be a runner, but we are cautiously optimistic now compared with his situation a month ago.”
        No actual quotes saying he could be back for this race. With the and Ricci's comments it sounds like he will get an entry but could also just be making a headline out of nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          No actual quotes saying he could be back for this race. With the and Ricci's comments it sounds like he will get an entry but could also just be making a headline out of nothing?
          Mullins, in his Saturday column for the Racing Post, said: “We’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well things are going with him. It’s a long shot at this stage and getting him back on the track this season might not be a runner, but we are cautiously optimistic now compared with his situation a month ago.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Mullins, in his Saturday column for the Racing Post, said: “We’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well things are going with him. It’s a long shot at this stage and getting him back on the track this season might not be a runner, but we are cautiously optimistic now compared with his situation a month ago.”
            This is what I read.

Comment

• If he's back ... for the festival ... I'd guess Ryanair!

First run back after last season's CC to be in the CC?

None story.

Comment

• I listened to exactly nothing that comes from that yard until I see the confirmed decs.
                Ricci loves nothing more than having a microphone shoved under his sunglasses and not everything that's said can be believed....

Comment

• Faugheen's owner Rich Ricci also has another star, Douvan, on the sidelines at present and Mullins has an open mind as to whether the pair will line up at the Cheltenham Festival in March.

He added: "It is day by day with himself (Faugheen) and Douvan and while Cheltenham is obviously the target if he keeps going, I'm not making any real plans or targets."
                  W p mullins

Comment

• Great field is back in pre training and due back in Willies next week. Aim is to get him back for Leopardstown in Feb

Comment

• 365 can't be expecting Douvan to run.....

5/1 NRNB CC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        365 can't be expecting Douvan to run.....

5/1 NRNB CC?
                        I was looking at markets last night and thinking that myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          If he's back ... for the festival ... I'd guess Ryanair!

First run back after last season's CC to be in the CC?

None story.

Douvan?

First run back after a year and you step him up in trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            Douvan?

First run back after a year and you step him up in trip?
                            I'd consider it an option ... if 1. it is an easier race.

2. If Yorkhill looks fantastic over 2m at Leopardstown....

3. They've got to find a future Gold Cup horse again too. Ryanair this year might not be out of the equation?

CC is most likely, if he gets there... but I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted the Ryanair.

Comment

• Footpad being well supported for this race? 9/2 with 365

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                Footpad being well supported for this race? 9/2 with 365
                                Just the NRNB price isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X