Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's anything but wide open. Altior wins if 100%, if he isn't, Min wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I think it's anything but wide open. Altior wins if 100%, if he isn't, Min wins.

We're back to the Altior / Min Arkle run up.... of which I am firmly in the Altior camp...... Min backers will have the bonus that Altior's prep isn't ideal, which is fine... I backed Min each way at 12's and I am not even sure (in fact pretty unlikely) that Altior is a bigger winner for me as a single bet...

SUCH a disappointment for the race though, I wanted to see this clash so desperately!

Comment

• Is too much being made of Altior's wind op?

Altior was 11/8 since before the Arc when Douvan was 3/1 2nd fav....

Now Douvan is OUT and Altior is 11/8 fav against Min who is 3/1 2nd fav....

You are taking a TREMENDOUS leap of faith if you believe Min is/was a BETTER horse than Douvan, and although I know one fella on here does (no offense intended obviously) that would be such an incredibly small minority that would agree... so why hasn't Altior been cut across the board?

I can see why they'd make Min less than 4/1 because he becomes the 'each way' shot to nothing, but I think bookies are being generous keeping Altior unchanged.

Comment

• The noises coming out of Seven Barrows seem to be quite positive so I don't think the breathing op is an issue and he'll line up in March.

Who knows, it might even improve him. 11/8 isn't a price I'll be taking but it is tempting.

Comment

• If anything happens to Min, I wonder if Yorkhill could run here.

Comment

If anything happens to Min, I wonder if Yorkhill could run here.
              Wouldn't put any money on it, but probably be a consideration - even more-so if he is beaten in the Christmas Chase?

UDS will be left in, ground will dictate and if he puts up a big performance at Ascot next time that'll help...

Fox Norton probably get himself back in the mixer now

Comment

• Terrible news, from a fan's perspective and a punter's. Min in the Ryanair would have been one of my biggest winners, as it stands 13/2 for this looks like Christmas come early.

Comment

• I'd not be completely sure that Min goes here.

Over hurdles you'd say he stays at 2m and Yorkhill stays at a trip. However over fences Yorkhill is a nutcase and took some real restraining in the JLT, whereas Min looks relaxed and economical over fences.

I also think Politologue would take some beating in this anyway. He's on the upgrade.

Altior looked awful in lat years Arkle IMO and I wonder if he'll ever come back fully sparkling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                    I'd not be completely sure that Min goes here.

Over hurdles you'd say he stays at 2m and Yorkhill stays at a trip. However over fences Yorkhill is a nutcase and took some real restraining in the JLT, whereas Min looks relaxed and economical over fences.

I also think Politologue would take some beating in this anyway. He's on the upgrade.

Altior looked awful in lat years Arkle IMO and I wonder if he'll ever come back fully sparkling.
                    Awful a bit strong for altior he always runs like that when he's held up. Would have beaten charbel the same way he beat him 2 starts before. Finds plenty off the bridle when Nico asks him
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                      I'd not be completely sure that Min goes here.

Can't see Yorkhill going for anything but the Gold Cup, and Willie has always maintained Min is an out and out 2 miler, with Douvan out he looks nailed on to come here.

Comment

• Disappointing from all angles with Douvan ruled out, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ruby say on ITV racing that Douvan was in cracking form of late? Yet Mullins has came out and said Douvan has been lame on and off all through the week?

I smell a rat

Comment

• Awful Kev? He won an Arkle by 6 lengths and you think that's awful. Underwhelming maybe, but not awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                            Can't see Yorkhill going for anything but the Gold Cup, and Willie has always maintained Min is an out and out 2 miler, with Douvan out he looks nailed on to come here.
                            Willie has been non-committal on Mins trip. He mentioned they had the option of going up in Teo and obviously started him over 2 and a half. He also said he want stopping and that this gave them options.

However, Willie is absolutely full of shit, as is Ruby, so I don't know why we even bother listening.

Yorkhill is more likely to come here than go for a Gold Cup IMO.

I think there's more chance of Yorkhill in a Ryanair than a Gold Cup- he has a bit to prove to show he is made for 3m2f on that track.

Willie always said he thought about him for a Champion Hurdle. How many potential Champion winners end up in a Gold Cup?

Comment

Awful Kev? He won an Arkle by 6 lengths and you think that's awful. Underwhelming maybe, but not awful.
                              It was my comment. I'm being harsh but his win reminded me so much of Simonsig. He won without being right IMO- I just have a gut feel and obviously not running this year so far raises those doubts.
                              Last edited by Al Ferof; 17 December 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Also remember that Yorkhill has the form over Politologue no less, albeit over 2m4f in the JLT.

Comment

Working...
                                X