Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To use an example - Rock on Ruby's champion hurdle win was 2.5 seconds quicker than Faugheen's, on the same ground, but I think it's safe to say he wouldn't be in the same league as Faugheen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      On good ground, to say footpad will get anything off their feet is as much conjecture as saying Finian's couldn't lay up with anything over 2m
      It's never going to be good ground in the 2nd race on the Tuesday to be fair.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        It was good to firm after Jezki's champion hurdle I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Don't always believe the ground description Scooby.
          I'm fortunate enough to have walked the course several times and despite the standard 'good to soft' being declared I can tell you in the last 10 years there has been soft and quick ground.
          Times of the Supreme and the 3m chase are the best guide to the ground....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            It was good to firm after Jezki's champion hurdle I think
            Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Don't always believe the ground description Scooby.
            I'm fortunate enough to have walked the course several times and despite the standard 'good to soft' being declared I can tell you in the last 10 years there has been soft and quick ground.
            Times of the Supreme and the 3m chase are the best guide to the ground....
            I did see a website that gives 'actual' ground descriptions for every meeting based on the actual going-stick etc rather than what it says.... I forgot its name though, anyone have a clue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I did see a website that gives 'actual' ground descriptions for every meeting based on the actual going-stick etc rather than what it says.... I forgot its name though, anyone have a clue?
              Is it Turftrax?

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                Is it Turftrax?
                Wasn't the one I was thinking of, but looks good!

I see Lydia Hislop has put up Min as an ante post punt in this race! 8/1 ..... Road to Cheltenham bit behind the Fat Jockey Forum

Comment

• Douvan on the drift for the Tingle Creek. Didn’t he work yesterday? Maybe a late switch for UDS to Sandown and Douvan for Cork could be on the way...

Comment

• With strong winds, rain, ice and snow in the weather forecast, I wouldn't be travelling my best horses over this weekend.

Comment

• Very true archie.

Comment

• Can still get 6/1 for UDS, if we assume he runs what is his chance

Comment

• Decide to back Fox Norton myself instead!

Comment

• Douvan out of the Tingle Creek. The layers got it right yesterday, must have come out of his final piece of work badly. Doubt we'll see him at all this weekend if that is the case, no UDS in the Tingle Creek would point to the same.

Well done to all of you who took a price on Fox Norton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                              Douvan out of the Tingle Creek. The layers got it right yesterday, must have come out of his final piece of work badly. Doubt we'll see him at all this weekend if that is the case, no UDS in the Tingle Creek would point to the same.

Well done to all of you who took a price on Fox Norton.
                              Backed Fox Norton when Altior was ruled out.... didn't at any stage expect him to have nothing to beat!

Absolutely rubbish .... both two mile divisions are lacking in depth. What a desperate situation when you aren't looking forward to the Tingle Creek anymore

Comment

• Be interesting to see the reason why.
                                Setback or travel weather conditions perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X