Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
    Like you i will be getting into Altior if he starts to drift. I'm confident the procedure is a small one, and if anything it might actually unleash some improvement in him
    I'd have to wait until he was entered up again though. I'd be hoping for 11/4 but could be possible if douvan very short.

Without that I'm happy to be sat with min and hope he makes it there
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I'd have to wait until he was entered up again though. I'd be hoping for 11/4 but could be possible if douvan very short.

Without that I'm happy to be sat with min and hope he makes it there
      If Altior gets to anything over 2/1 NRNB it'll be a gift. Wishful thinking though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        If Altior gets to anything over 2/1 NRNB it'll be a gift. Wishful thinking though

Not all books go nrnb. I'd be thinking 11/4 without could be possible if douvan goes very short.

Comment

Not all books go nrnb. I'd be thinking 11/4 without could be possible if douvan goes very short.
          Well I hope you're right.

I know a few on here took prices like 5/1 on Altior before the Arkle last year so fingers crossed for them too.
          My only Altior 'single' bet is in a double with Enable when she was 6/1 for the Arc which shows how I treat the flat

If Altior was priced how Douvan had been priced I would have had significant amounts on though, as for me.... all things equal, Altior wins.

Comment

• Min entered up over 2m4 at the weekend

Comment

• As much as I don't like To. Iv just covered min with my 1st bet in the Ryanair at 14/1.
              Looks likely to run at the weekend on entries. And I can't see anything troubling him in that race. Will shorten up dramatically if he does run.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 21 November 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

As much as I don't like To. Iv just covered min with my 1st bet in the Ryanair at 14/1.
                Looks likely to run at the weekend on entries. And I can't see anything troubling him in that race. Will shorten up dramatically if he does run.
                I felt I had to do the same a few days ago. Had 2 pts and a speculative double with Douvan(CC).

Without Altior and Douvan, Min is able to compete with anything else out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I know a few on here took prices like 5/1 on Altior before the Arkle last year so fingers crossed for them.
                  6/1 Kev.....

Comment

• I have Altior in about 90 percent of my multiples now , so will be a big hit if he misses the race ( champ. chs ).

Comment

• According to mullins douvan is all set for the tingle creek.
                      According to paddy p. He's NOT.
                      That s a shame was looking forward to him v fox norton
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 22 November 2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Douvan is on course to make his long-awaited return to action in the Betfair Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown.

Trainer Willie Mullins is favouring an outing in the Grade One contest on December 9 over an outing in either the John Durkan Memorial Punchestown Chase or the Hilly Way Chase at Cork.

The eight-times Grade One winner has been sidelined since sustaining a stress fracture to his pelvis when finishing down the field in the Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham in March, losing his unbeaten record over fences in the process.

Mullins said: "He has entries in the Hilly Way, John Durkan and Tingle Creek. I would say that the Tingle Creek looks like the one at the moment.

"We have got to pencil one in and the other races will be considered, but the Tingle Creek would be number one. Everything has been very good with him."

Comment

• I am sure i have read somewhere before season started that Willie reckons Min is a out and out 2 miler.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                            I am sure i have read somewhere before season started that Willie reckons Min is a out and out 2 miler.
                            Contrasting comments in the last week or so, looks like he's now going up in trip

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              6/1 Kev.....
                              Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              I have Altior in about 90 percent of my multiples now , so will be a big hit if he misses the race ( champ. chs ).
                              Ah yes, fingers even tighter crossed

Comment

According to mullins douvan is all set for the tingle creek.
                                According to paddy p. He's NOT.
                                That s a shame was looking forward to him v fox norton
                                Rory Delargy keen as mustard that Fox Norton is the one to beat in this race on the FFP!

Very, very, very similar situation to Finian's Oscar for me... in terms of which race he would be best suited to!

Unfortunately the 'any race' price wouldn't be exciting enough or worthwhile if he turned up for this race even if both big guns didn't run IMO!

Comment

Working...
                                X