Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
    Arctic fire retired
    I unfortunately assumed that was the case when he wasn't entered within the block entry's.
    Hell of a horse , apart from poss hurricane fly iv never sern anything finish a race as well as arctic fire does. iv always wanted to see him at 3miles ,when he wasn't carrying an injury and usually had a small customary bet at 3 figures for the stayers last few years, Hopefully connections will get another as good as him some day. I'm sure he will go to a good home
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Plenty of blue for Melon today, rumoured to be the pricewise tip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        Plenty of blue for Melon today, rumoured to be the pricewise tip?
        An uninspiring selection for "Pricewise" but a solid enough option.

Comment

• Im not complaining Kev

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Im not complaining Kev
            No, I can imagine...

The 58 pts I'd get back for Melon wouldn't put me in a good mood though... BVD for 60 pts and then the multiples will start to stack up

Great this time of year, before it all goes wrong!

--------

Melon shortning - any knock on to Faugheen or Yorkhill's prices? Gotta say, from a purly financial point of view, Melon being the Ruby/Mullins first string would be superb for my week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Plenty of blue for Melon today, rumoured to be the pricewise tip?
              Oh NO !!!!! . that's put the mockers on Melon then,.

Comment

• Melon couldn't finish off his dinner, the Cheltenham hill really doesn't play into his strengths at all, how anyone could fancy him for the Champion Hurdle is beyond me, he finds nothing off the bridle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  Melon couldn't finish off his dinner, the Cheltenham hill really doesn't play into his strengths at all, how anyone could fancy him for the Champion Hurdle is beyond me, he finds nothing off the bridle.
                  I don't fancy him at all for win purposes either and iv backed him at an earlier date. I honestly fancy mtoy to confirm placing s on his favoured ground. Assuming he's sound on the day after being "sore" after his race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I don't fancy him at all for win purposes either and iv backed him at an earlier date. I honestly fancy mtoy to confirm placing s on his favoured ground. Assuming he's sound on the day after being "sore" after his race.
                    Agree with this. MTOY will finish in the top 3 again and in front of Melon I think. What an uninspiring bunch in this race.

Comment

• When MTOY was a 66/1 shot I thought he was a good bet e/w, now that he is around 12s and Melon 6s I'd not want to be too bullish either way!

Melon's price has already gotexpected reversal if they met again in a stronger run race factored in to his price... the arguement for him improving because he is lightly raced will become quite thin soon, he needs to be actually improving, not 'have potential to' improve on his next start...

BVD
                      Melon
                      MTOY
                      DDS
                      Wicklow Brave

5 strong field?

Comment

• Faugheen pleased his connections in a canter on Monday morning, after which he was examined by Mullins’s vet. It has encouraged Mullins to think the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle on Day One of the new ‘Dublin Racing Festival’ could be a pre-Cheltenham target for the horse.

“It wasn’t there before but it’s come back on the radar with what I’ve seen this morning. I was very taken with the canter and our vet checked him over immediately afterwards and said he was fine. During the week it looks like I’ll be able to put him back into full work,” he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          Faugheen pleased his connections in a canter on Monday morning, after which he was examined by Mullins’s vet. It has encouraged Mullins to think the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle on Day One of the new ‘Dublin Racing Festival’ could be a pre-Cheltenham target for the horse.

“It wasn’t there before but it’s come back on the radar with what I’ve seen this morning. I was very taken with the canter and our vet checked him over immediately afterwards and said he was fine. During the week it looks like I’ll be able to put him back into full work,” he said.
                          Where’s that quote from KSS?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                            Where’s that quote from KSS?

Comment

• I don't even know where to start with that story. I was resigned to him not running.....
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 January 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I don't even know where to start with that story. I was resigned too him not running.....
                                People have gone well overboard on 1 run. It happens all the time with less profile horses. Just diddnt fire on the day. As much as we like to think theyre machines theyre clearly not.

Comment

Working...
                                X