Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Brilliant Robith. I bet that got a few blank looks from half the guests
    Haha, yes went under the radar compared to the note on the menu that said "Dinner is sponsored by Ruby Walsh and WP Mullins". Got an in law who still thinks I know them and they actually paid for dinner, rather than metaphorically

Comment

• Yorkhill 60/40 to go for Champion Hurdle!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Yorkhill 60/40 to go for Champion Hurdle!
        Did he say what the 40 was?

I'd take that as a knock to Faugheens chances OR a positive for Douvan Min and UDS.

Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'd take that as a knock to Faugheens chances OR a positive for Douvan Min and UDS.

Haha
          60/40 in Willie Mullins terms gives me no certainty whatsoever!

Yorkhill would be a really interesting runner on his 2016 form, but questions to answer on this years running.

Comment

• Depending which Yorkhill turns up, the nutjob or the wonder horse, I think this could put the cat among the pigeons, also depends who rides, Ruby or David Mullins he's a serious player, Townend and I wouldn't back him with monopoly money

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Haha
              You've probably seen by now but
              Ryanair.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I've got Yorkhill backed at 20/1 - I hope he does run so I can lay him off and get my stake back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  You've probably seen by now but
                  Ryanair.
                  Only just got home actually mate... so not quite yet. Information overload at the moment. I'm thinking about Jamie Codd, Coo Star Sivola and Willie Mullins bingo all at once

Comment

• Faugheen ,Yorkhill, Wicklow Brave and Melon . At this rate WM will have nearly half the field of runners!! 1_2_3_4 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                      Faugheen ,Yorkhill, Wicklow Brave and Melon . At this rate WM will have nearly half the field of runners!! 1_2_3_4 ?
                      That's why I think Yorkhill will go Ryanair

Comment

• I may be overthinking this race and gone doo-lally but is it a coincidence that Melons worst performance to date happens to be the same day that he wore the hood for the 1st time.
                        If that run is disregarded because of that then i can see him in the Top 3 and at 14/1 is a very nice each way angle. definatley better price than BVD. 2/1 place better than a 1/2 win for BVD imho. with the chance to beat BVD.

You may roast me now for my crazy thought process

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
                          I may be overthinking this race and gone doo-lally but is it a coincidence that Melons worst performance to date happens to be the same day that he wore the hood for the 1st time.
                          If that run is disregarded because of that then i can see him in the Top 3 and at 14/1 is a very nice each way angle. definatley better price than BVD. 2/1 place better than a 1/2 win for BVD imho. with the chance to beat BVD.

You may roast me now for my crazy thought process
                          Your not wrong Jonnymac05 and thats why WM said of Melon that the hood will be left off when talking about his Champion Hurdle 'team'. I wish you luck.

Comment

• There looks to be 13/2 available on Tent without BD thru the oddschecker website with 365 if interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                              There looks to be 13/2 available on Tent without BD thru the oddschecker website with 365 if interested.
                              I'm really surprised so much noise is being made for MTOY if I am perfectly honestly, and I don't just mean on here, I've seen a bit for him on social media too. I was all over him on the Champion Hurdle thread in 2017 and indeed backed him 8pts e/way @ 50/1 with StanJames, this basically saved a bit of what turned out to be a poor festival overall for me last season, however this season, another year older, and much shorter in price this season, I struggle to now back him, despite my love for the horse.

I think Faugheen will finish ahead of him and indeed Buveur D'air & Faugheen will take 1st and 2nd spot, and then to be honest the race is then wide open for just one place IMO.

I can honestly see Melon overturning the form with MTOY, IF Yorkhill goes for this race I think that will be it for the places anyway, BD, Faugheen & Yorkhill, although potentially a in form Yorkhill would have every chance of winning the race too.

There are other runners who would be plenty more progressive than MTOY for me this year too, unlike last year when, without Faugheen I viewed the race as plenty weak enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                                There looks to be 13/2 available on Tent without BD thru the oddschecker website with 365 if interested.
                                3/1 is the real price.

Old price shown on oddschecker tenty, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X