Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
    Obviously if you don’t know the guy then that will be the Case in any scenario.

I’m sure he wouldn’t make it up Altho I concede things can snowball with whispers.
    Does the guy work at the yard himself? If so then obviously would carry a bit more weight

Comment

• Is he also the source of your previous rumour about Hollowgraphic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        Not sure who would choose to believe something for which there isn't any evidence other than hearsay. No harm passing the info on but it's fairly useless as we have no idea as to the reliability
        I am sure whoever leaks info in this industry would appreciate not to have their names or position mentioned, especially in a public forum.

I receive info nearly everyday but choose not to publish it due to any connections could be reading, so fair play to Jon.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
          Is he also the source of your previous rumour about Hollowgraphic?
          And stormy ireland./ Mags mullins debuchet ?
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
            I am sure whoever leaks info in this industry would appreciate not to have their names or position mentioned, especially in a public forum.

I receive info nearly everyday but choose not to publish it due to any connections could be reading, so fair play to Jon.
            At what point have I asked for names? Couldn't care less who the source of the information is, just wanted to know if he was in the yard itself as if so you could then place more weight by it. Someone who chooses to believe merely hearsay is an idiot by definition

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              More chance of Willie himself getting the leg up than them not bothering to ride a horse out...
              He started of riding his own runners on the track i believe??

Rode his own champion bumper winner whither or wich
              Last edited by Scooby91; 7 February 2018, 09:04 AM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Ive chose not to believe any hearsay for many years but the amount of times its true is quite high so I wouldn't put it passed Jons mate hearing the truth. Irving being a place lay in Faugheens first xmas hurdle due to rumours of him not being fit (pulled up). Newmill being targeted for the champion hurdle 2 weeks before the festival but straight from the yard JJ Murphy saying they are staying well away from Brave Inca hence going for the chamion chase (Look back at the results if you don't remember). Sublimity owners getting 600+ on betfair to win the champion hurdle. I thought that sounds ridiculous but it was said in an interview straight after the race! All hearsay of different forms but no matter what we choose to believe there is a chance it can be the truth. Punters are fickle some times and its more than likely from a financial interest that they don't want to believe the truth! But at the end of the day we have to sit up and listen because we all know racing isn't always legitimate. I say it might sound a load of balls but give the guy the benefit of the doubt I know I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                  At what point have I asked for names? Couldn't care less who the source of the information is, just wanted to know if he was in the yard itself as if so you could then place more weight by it. Someone who chooses to believe merely hearsay is an idiot by definition
                  If there is history with Jon's rumours in the past then thats different(I know nothing about these), I just can't see how someone can validate info without getting someone in trouble.

I don't believe WM under pays his staff for one bit, but you have to appreciate anyone that is trying to help regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                    There is a whisper round Closutton that Mullins has been struggling with stable staff and some horses (mainly the not so top horses) haven’t been ridden out some days due to staff shortages. The reason being is WPM pays his staff less than than most of the other trainers in Ireland. Not so sure this has a Knock on effect to his top horses but could explain why some horses haven’t been fit this season. I expect them all to be as fit as fleas in 5 weeks time though.

I’ve not put a line through faugheen just yet. I think he travelled well at the weekend but just petered out in the final 1 to 2f.

Looking forward to this race a lot.
                    Guys I really enjoy the banter and different opinions on here
                    However,this is the most rediculous post I have ever read
                    I DO know someone who works in the Mullins yard and can confirm it is the most professional operation in horse racing
                    Take a visit to closutton yourself and you will soon realise the state of the art facilities
                    Willies main concern when o Leary took his horses away was for his staff
                    He put his training fees up ( first time in 10 yrs ) to maintain these standards
                    I believe in free speech but this is slanderous and untrue
                    A moderator should delete this post

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                      Guys I really enjoy the banter and different opinions on here
                      However,this is the most rediculous post I have ever read
                      I DO know someone who works in the Mullins yard and can confirm it is the most professional operation in horse racing
                      Take a visit to closutton yourself and you will soon realise the state of the art facilities
                      Willies main concern when o Leary took his horses away was for his staff
                      He put his training fees up ( first time in 10 yrs ) to maintain these standards
                      I believe in free speech but this is slanderous and untrue
                      A moderator should delete this post
                      Bravo

Comment

• If mods want to delete then fair enough. But like I say if I hear stuff I’ll mention it.

And one f in Fulham is bob on with punters being fickle. We are all the same

Comment

• I don't have an issue with rumours from attention seekers on Twitter because they are 10 minute wonders and soon disproved.

Where I do have an issue is when facts are repeated as if a revelation with a spin put on to put a person and/or operation in a poor light. As all of Jon's rumours seem to be unfavourable to Mullins, it's tempting to assume that there is an agenda.

Fact - Willie is openly recruiting staff.
                          Spin - lads are leaving in droves because they are poorly paid.
                          Reality - lads leave all stables all the time particularly the foreign ones who have come over short term.

Fact - horses are being kept in their boxes.
                          Spin - not enough lads to exercise them.
                          Reality - it's called box rest.

Comment

• I think it’s more to do with other jobs being better rather so apologise if I got that bit wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              I don't have an issue with rumours from attention seekers on Twitter because they are 10 minute wonders and soon disproved.

Where I do have an issue is when facts are repeated as if a revelation with a spin put on to put a person and/or operation in a poor light. As all of Jon's rumours seem to be unfavourable to Mullins, it's tempting to assume that there is an agenda.

Fact - Willie is openly recruiting staff.
                              Spin - lads are leaving in droves because they are poorly paid.
                              Reality - lads leave all stables all the time particularly the foreign ones who have come over short term.

Fact - horses are being kept in their boxes.
                              Spin - not enough lads to exercise them.
                              Reality - it's called box rest.
                              It has to be Mullins, it's the best and quickest way to get a reaction as he is one of, if not, the best NH trainer around, and especially at targeting this festival.

Of course, I am in no way saying any of what has been said previously is either true or false, but talk about picking the right trainer for a reaction, which is exactly what has happened on here, it also happens on Twitter as well

Won't be long before another superstar horse is rumoured to possibly miss the festival, the rumour mill can start for various reasons but because so many people blind panic, without any official news, it is most beneficial on the exchanges!

Comment

• I very rarely use the exchanges as I like to see my horse win rather than lose. Just not my thing that and I cannot get to grips with it.

In future I won’t post anything I hear. Simpler that way

Comment

Working...
                                X