Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
    If the machine Faugheen wins and wins well , expect to see 2/1 for champion.

CANT WAIT

RETURN OF THE MACHINE
    I think just behind buveur dair at 4/1 or both 7/2
    beating jezki no longer warrants being favourite for the champion and it's not nrnb yet.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I just cant see him turning up little bit to early I reckon. I reckon before xmas time and new year will be better for him. If he does turn up that be me first double sorted Faugheen and Samcro.

Comment

• Fingers crossed the machine is back in full tilt

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I think just behind buveur dair at 4/1 or both 7/2
          beating jezki no longer warrants being favourite for the champion and it's not nrnb yet.
          People will go in to melt down if he isn't fav.

Unfathomable without NRNB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'm going into meltdown just thinking about having him back on a race track!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              I'm going into meltdown just thinking about having him back on a race track!

Maybe I should have put more on him at 8s then because id be confident he runs in the morgiana and also confident that he would have enough ability to beat jezki who diddnt fire last year after his reappearance. And mullins unlikely to run anthing of note like he did last time with Nichols canyon,
              Last edited by Scooby91; 13 November 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• As a back to lay proposition I'd think about the 6s available now but I had plenty on at 4/1 NRNB which leaves me free to just watch.

No Faugheen in the CH would benefit my pocket more probably but some horses are just worth watching regardless

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                  I just cant see him turning up little bit to early I reckon. I reckon before xmas time and new year will be better for him. If he does turn up that be me first double sorted Faugheen and Samcro.
                  Already on that one liam , thought rich ritchie comments about Faugheen having unfinished business in Morgiana was telling ,Mullins wont run anything to trouble him.

Comment

• Defi de seuil a good price imo at 6/1 for greatwood. I couldn't see him winning the champion hurdle but I expect him to win this race of a mark of 157 and win it well. Buveur dair would hose up off 157, Nothing in the oppsition would have any chance of getting anywhere near a champion hurdle, class horses with bigger weights against worse opposition dosen't worry me what so ever. He's a confirmed runner. And 6s with 4 places 1/4 looks very big to me. If he stays up and dosent win he should be 20s for the CH after the race.

Iv just backed him.

Comment

• There has to have an element of NR risk or, as you say, that price would represent unbelievable value.
                      Stable have Jenkins declared too and I would think only one will go.
                      London Prize is priced up for this but having won a good race last Sat I doubt this one will be turned out again so quickly, all these prices are ante post rules....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        There has to have an element of NR risk or, as you say, that price would represent unbelievable value.
                        Stable have Jenkins declared too and I would think only one will go.
                        London Prize is priced up for this but having won a good race last Sat I doubt this one will be turned out again so quickly, all these prices are ante post rules....
                        He's a confirmed runner. I'd have him at around 9/4 personally there's a few who won't run like call me Lord. Henderson also mentioned earlier on the line that they diddnt want Charlie Parcs to run here as fran berry said jp wants defi for the race.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 13 November 2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• "Jenkins is a definite," said the Seven Barrows handler. "We are going to start here with him as he has got to start somewhere.Hopefully he is back to what he was as a bumper horse when he looked very good. We will see what happens.

"Call Me Lord runs on Tuesday (at Huntingdon) but racing managers love to have all sorts of ideas so he (Anthony Bromley) has wanted me to keep him in just in case."

Old Guard, the winner in 2015, will be ridden by Bryony Frost. She claimed the biggest success of her career on Saturday when she claimed the Badger Ales Trophy at Wincanton aboard Present Man.

Trainer Paul Nicholls said: "Old Guard will run and he will like the dry week. Bryony will ride him. With her (Frost's) 5lb off, he (Old Guard) ends up with 10st 7lb, which is a real racing weight for him."

Nicholls will also be represented by Amour De Nuit and he added: "Amour De Nuit won a Listed novice hurdle at Kempton and was a good Flat horse. He has just kept improving."

Harry Fry is likely to run Misterton, who made a winning reappearance at Chepstow last month.

"He won nicely at Chepstow in October and the form has been franked with the fourth Elgin winning at Ascot," said Fry. "It will just be interesting to see if The New One is still in there and goes as we will be 1lb out the handicap."

Ian Williams has let Elite Hurdle scorer London Prize stand his ground, while Chesterfield, Project Bluebook and Mohaayed are also in contention.

Comment

• "He's in good form and Philip is happy with him. He's going to run on Sunday," said McManus' racing manager, Frank Berry.

McManus also has the Joseph O'Brien-trained pair of Ivanovich Gorbatov and Tigris River, and John Quinn's Project Bluebook.

Berry confirmed: "All four are intended runners at the minute."

Comment

• There’s one I really like for the Greatwood. Defi should be an each way certainty and is the likeliest winner (and I have punted at 6s accordingly), but I think he may be vulnerable for win purposes this weekend, first time out, under a big weight, and on likely good ground.

Amour De Nuit is highly progressive, and I think his form (both on the flat and over hurdles) is as solid as any in the race. Racing off a good weight I can see him staying on nicely off a fast pace, and at 25s with hills he’s great each way value (already backed in to 16s from 25s with paddy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Defi de seuil a good price imo at 6/1 for greatwood. I couldn't see him winning the champion hurdle but I expect him to win this race of a mark of 157 and win it well. Buveur dair would hose up off 157, Nothing in the oppsition would have any chance of getting anywhere near a champion hurdle, class horses with bigger weights against worse opposition dosen't worry me what so ever. He's a confirmed runner. And 6s with 4 places 1/4 looks very big to me. If he stays up and dosent win he should be 20s for the CH after the race.

Iv just backed him.
                                I agree, any CH contender would rightly take this race, he will be written off for me (dangerous game, I know) if he competes and doesn't win it!

Comment

Working...
                                X