Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice seasonal debut from Melon. The vibes were that he'd improve for the run so it'll be interesting where the go next.

His next race will tell us more, but I really liked that.

Comment

• I would think that they're thrilled with that and it should certainly put a stop to any careless talk about the Arkle.

Comment

• That was pretty decent for a fourth career start.

Can see Melon getting better and better as the season progresses.

Comment

• Faugheen matched at 11.0 and nothing available to lay...

Probably nothing

Comment

• Not overly impressed personally , not a champion hurdle winner in my book. Second very decent , but close up third and forth horses a worry. Obviously will improve Melon but not convinced..........yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              If we take at face value the comments from Patrick Mullins that Melon needed the run and will come on laods for it, beating a race fit Coquin Mans pretty easily (a horse who was only been beaten once, 4L by Jezki) .... it puts Melon above plenty of the 'also rans' in the CH market?

Certainly a contender.... still 16s with WH which is a bit surprising, but fair.
              very well put there Kev, does look like he has most of the 'also rans' picked off. Also I think he will become a much better horse after last seasons campaign. Not sure on winning the CH but certainly think could run in for place money!

Comment

• Way to early to be Smug , but at the moment i'm more than happy with my collection of 25-1 Melon slips. !!.

Comment

• Only had the one bet so far in champion and thats Faugheen. Taken on trust alls well , but the temptation got the better of me and 8/1 was massive.

At this stage cant see anything other than first five in betting being involved in finish , when you consider all the races this one has real tight look to it.

Comment

• I did start thinking one of the Mullins mares might end up here...as 3 Ricci mares in the same race would be overkill - Limini, Let's Dance or VVM but can't get excited about any of their chances and the prices are not inspiring.

When Faugheen get's ruled out, BvD has no rivals IMO

Comment

• There was a picture of Faugheen on Twitter and I must say he looks in great shape. Notice this morning too that both PP & Betfair have cut him by a point for the Champion Hurdle.

I know many won't want to back him until he runs in a little under 2 weeks, but all seems well, positive from all connections, I'm just hoping he is back to how we remember him.

Comment

• Had saver on Melon , agree he can only improve as season goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          There was a picture of Faugheen on Twitter and I must say he looks in great shape. Notice this morning too that both PP & Betfair have cut him by a point for the Champion Hurdle.

I know many won't want to back him until he runs in a little under 2 weeks, but all seems well, positive from all connections, I'm just hoping he is back to how we remember him.
                          I've just cancelled some plans for that Sunday to make sure I can watch ... so he better turn up or he owes me a day at the zoo

Comment

• A week today and we'll know where we stand with Faugheen, assuming he turns up. To say I'm excited is an understatement!!!

Comment

• The racecard is up on the racing post website , I wonder how many of them will actually run ?.
                              Also, can anyone tell me why Faugheen doesn't have any ratings in the card ?.
                              Is it because of being absent ? . wouldn't have thought so.

Comment

• If the machine Faugheen wins and wins well , expect to see 2/1 for champion.

CANT WAIT

RETURN OF THE MACHINE

Comment

Working...
                                X