Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    Henderson has a blind spot when it comes to Charli Parcs
    I agree, I think Defi is a level above Charli Parcs, as his form would suggest, and I don't think Defi beats Buveur D'air or Faugheen anyway so Charli Parcs surely won't be aimed at this race. I think Henderson wants 2 in the race, but he doesn't want it to be Tent again, that much we do know.

Comment

• I don't think DDS will improve this season, but I think Charli Parcs and Divin Bere will.
      The money was speaking very heavily in favour of CP before he got pulled out against DDS.

If I fancied DDS, at all (Which I don't) there is no way I'd leave CP or DB unbacked. I think the prices they are is great value to turn tables on DDS.

The reason I'm not effusive about them as actual prospects for this race, is I feel BVD and Faugheen would be 1-2 And then melon, pingshou, cilaos Emery all at times showed form that I'd rate over junenile races

Comment

• Comment

• Oh good, Willie's entered his whole yard basically (massive exaggeration of course)

Thanks Archie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            I don't think DDS will improve this season, but I think Charli Parcs and Divin Bere will.
            The money was speaking very heavily in favour of CP before he got pulled out against DDS.

If I fancied DDS, at all (Which I don't) there is no way I'd leave CP or DB unbacked. I think the prices they are is great value to turn tables on DDS.

The reason I'm not effusive about them as actual prospects for this race, is I feel BVD and Faugheen would be 1-2 And then melon, pingshou, cilaos Emery all at times showed form that I'd rate over junenile races
            DDS won't have to improve to beat Charli Parcs

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
              DDS won't have to improve to beat Charli Parcs
              I didn't say he would need to?

I'm saying Charli Parcs needs to but I think he is a fair price to do so, if you fancy DDS (which I don't)

Comment

• Strong Rumours coming out that Buveur D'air could start in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle. Will have to make sure I am in attendance

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                  Strong Rumours coming out that Buveur D'air could start in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle. Will have to make sure I am in attendance
                  I've seen it confirmed via connections .... and then Hobbs said he'd like to go with DDS there but might not be able to because BvD might be running

Comment

• Melon is running this Friday @ Down Royal, be interesting to see how he starts the season. Lightly raced last season, so expecting a bit of growth and a solid performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Melon is running this Friday @ Down Royal, be interesting to see how he starts the season. Lightly raced last season, so expecting a bit of growth and a solid performance.
                      And a reminder to get my ew bet on him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I've seen it confirmed via connections .... and then Hobbs said he'd like to go with DDS there but might not be able to because BvD might be running
                        hopefully everything is fine and we able to see best race possible

Comment

• I've just re-read the Nicky Henderson stable tour regarding Buveur D'air, and I know it's only words, but he was quoted as saying "At the time we made the decision we didn’t know that Faugheen was not going to make it to Cheltenham but that made the decision slightly easier and he came up to our expectations."

Now, obviously they had already thought about going down the CH route with Buveur D'air, before the news broke about Faugheen, however, it is almost an admission that Faugheen not running in the race was a factor, albeit small, in their decision as well.

Clearly, when a trainer of Nicky's ability and experience talks about one particular horse not running in a race with regards to one his own it must speak volumes about how highly he is rated amongst the rest of the horse racing fraternity.

I do have a question, based on this post, and that is IF Faugheen makes it to Cheltenham, simply, does he go off favourite regardless of how his come back run(s) go (assuming he just wins)?
                          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 1 November 2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I do have a question, based on this post, and that is IF Faugheen makes it to Cheltenham, simply, does he go off favourite regardless of how his come back run(s) go (assuming he just wins)?
                            Personally I think, IF he does actually run this season, and he fails to show the old sparkle Mullins/Ricci will retire him.

But if the ability remains, he will win his prep races and turn up on the day as favourite.

Comment

• Agreed Innoko. If he doesn't show his old sparkle in his first couple of starts this season he'll more than likely be retired. It sounds like they've had him in training for a while so he should be fit and ready to go first time up.

Comment

I could see no possible way Faugheen wouldn't be favourite if he turned up on the day.

IF he turns up, he'll have had to have proven a level of ability that means they believed he'd have a fighting chance and even if he shouldn't be fav, the money would just keep coming?

No possible way might be a bit strong.... but that is my line of thinking.

I think BvD was more decisive than they'd anticipated but I think Hendo is just saying they'd have had a crack at Faugheen anyway, and him not running made it easier...?

Comment

Working...
                                X