Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
    Saint Calvados form boosted today. Not sure who advised that 50/1 but it would be nice to be on that now.
    Not sure remilac winning a handicap hurdle boosts saint calvados chances in a grade 1 chase.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Sceau Royal still cut despite the impression that his Sandown performance might not be as good as it first looked.

He seemed to finish with purpose up the Sandown hill but today he pretty much fell over the line. Possibly not the best ride with Hutchinson ending up tracking the wrong horse.

Bigmartre unlucky to be chinned by a horse who hadn't won for three years but I suspect Aintree more likely than Cheltenham. Would probably have won comfortably today had Twiston not decided to throw a dart with Foxtail Hill.

Comment

• SC remind me so much of Buveur D'air over fences. If everything falls into place he may have a chance but I feel there'd be one or two who'd beat him

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Sceau Royal still cut despite the impression that his Sandown performance might not be as good as it first looked.

He seemed to finish with purpose up the Sandown hill but today he pretty much fell over the line. Possibly not the best ride with Hutchinson ending up tracking the wrong horse.

Bigmartre unlucky to be chinned by a horse who hadn't won for three years but I suspect Aintree more likely than Cheltenham. Would probably have won comfortably today had Twiston not decided to throw a dart with Foxtail Hill.
          I think that's very harsh. Imo He finished his race with authority today. Conditions weren't to suit but he travelled well and put the race to bed.

Comment

• Having never been a fan of Sceau Royal, it hasn't changed today, despite his consistent efforts.

For me he just lacks that top class factor, and I'm sure will be found out back at the festival.

I have him covered on the exchanges, but that is it, my multi's and singles are mostly on PM, with a few on Footpad as cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Having never been a fan of Sceau Royal, it hasn't changed today, despite his consistent efforts.

For me he just lacks that top class factor, and I'm sure will be found out back at the festival.

I have him covered on the exchanges, but that is it, my multi's and singles are mostly on PM, with a few on Footpad as cover.
              Whether he wins or not is another matter but
              I will be suprised if SR is out of the frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Depending on the line up I'd have to agree with you, but I think that will say more about the competition than the horse itself. He's in the top 3/4 of the betting currently, which would suggest he would be competing for a place.

Comment

I find it hard to see him winning now. He's just slightly below top class for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Depending on the line up I'd have to agree with you, but I think that will say more about the competition than the horse itself. He's in the top 3/4 of the betting currently, which would suggest he would be competing for a place.
                    Very fair comment. He diddnt jump his complete best today and he dosent like that ground.
                    I do however think chasing is his game, and he's a very solid 2 mile chaser on decent ground. He seems to have been around for ever to me, but He's still a young horse and should have improvement in him.

Comment

• Nicky Henderson has set his sights on the Racing Post Arkle Trophy for Clarence House Chase faller Brain Power, who was reported to have come through a wind operation in good shape by the champion trainer at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Henderson blamed the bad ground at Ascot as much as anything for the breathing difficulties reported by big-race rider Nico de Boinville, with Brain Power undergoing a cauterised palate since that run.

“It’s been done and all went well,” said Henderson. “If all goes well from now we’re heading to the Arkle. It’s nothing major and the prospect of better ground at Cheltenham would be in his favour.”

Should be no issues what so ever in getting there it's a far different procedure to what altior had.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 28 January 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• I don't really see Sceau Royal as any kind of betting proposition now. He's shown a good level of form and until Petit Mouchoir comes out next weekend deserves to be second fav but I can't quite see him winning the race, and I think there's not too much between him and the rest of the field to make me think he's almost certain to place in second or third at 6/1 1/5 odds. I'd much rather be taking a chance on some horses at bigger prices. The price has collapsed from the 100/1 when flagged up but Saint Calvados is still 25/1 and North Hill still 20/1.

Elliott has the 2 entries in this with Tombstone and Tycoon Prince. Both are entered up at Leopardstown on Saturday and can be backed at 50/1 for the Arkle. I do not know about TP (probably wants further?) but the plan is to run Tombstone at Leopardstown. You certainly couldn't say he's been fluent over fences and he's been the beaten fav twice but he has shown a steady level of form (21212) and if he were to run well next weekend and come close to Footpad / Petit Mouchoir then the price would surely drop. He did come 4th in 'that' Supreme in 2016. He was also an incredible 7/2 fav for last years Coral Cup but never ran his race at all. Would likely have Davy Russell onboard. Any takers? (50/1 or 40/1 with Bet365 NRNB / Cash Out)

Comment

Not sure remilac winning a handicap hurdle boosts saint calvados chances in a grade 1 chase.
                          He conceded weight to his closest rivals and Saint Calvados beat him easily conceding 11 pounds? I didnt take the 50/1, just appreciating a good tip. He's obviously improving/unexposed, not sure if you watched that race in December but he put away a winning handicapper (off 139) at ease, a decent form boost in my opinion.... He's obviously not backable at 14/1 though

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                            He conceded weight to his closest rivals and Saint Calvados beat him easily conceding 11 pounds? I didnt take the 50/1, just appreciating a good tip. He's obviously improving/unexposed, not sure if you watched that race in December but he put away a winning handicapper (off 139) at ease, a decent form boost in my opinion.... He's obviously not backable at 14/1 though
                            It's chalk and cheese. Very hard to compare a class2 handicap hurdle to an arkle. With last years champion hurdle horses runnin in it

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

Elliott has the 2 entries in this with Tombstone and Tycoon Prince. Both are entered up at Leopardstown on Saturday and can be backed at 50/1 for the Arkle. I do not know about TP (probably wants further?) but the plan is to run Tombstone at Leopardstown. You certainly couldn't say he's been fluent over fences and he's been the beaten fav twice but he has shown a steady level of form (21212) and if he were to run well next weekend and come close to Footpad / Petit Mouchoir then the price would surely drop. He did come 4th in 'that' Supreme in 2016. He was also an incredible 7/2 fav for last years Coral Cup but never ran his race at all. Would likely have Davy Russell onboard. Any takers? (50/1 or 40/1 with Bet365 NRNB / Cash Out)
                              With his rating at 147 I'd imagine that if he runs at the Dublin Festival and does get close to either of them... he'd go Grand Annual? (Best price 16/1 for that NRNB)

40/1 NRNB would tempt me though, but I'd be expecting my money back.... nothing to lose though - which is the exact kind of bet I like at this stage of the season...
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 January 2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                With his rating at 147 I'd imagine that if he runs at the Dublin Festival and does get close to either of them... he'd go Grand Annual? (Best price 16/1 for that NRNB)

40/1 NRNB would tempt me though, but I'd be expecting my money back.... nothing to lose though - which is the exact kind of bet I like at this stage of the season...
                                Good point. Completely passed me by on the likelihood of him going for the Grand Annual/handicap!

Comment

Working...
                                X