Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finians Oscar 20/1 1pt 16/1 0.5 pts
    Sceau royal 33/1 1pt 9/1 3pts ew
    Petit mouchoir any race 12/1 2pts . 10/1any race 4pts
    Brain power 20/1 1.5pts
    Footpad 16/1 any race* 6pts 33/1 arkle 1pt
    River wylde 25/1 1pt
    Northill Harvey 33/1 1pt 16/1 1pt

Might top up NHH ew or PM depending on the trial results. But I should be all done.
    And gutted if I don't have the winner. As a huge ammount tied up in this race. Compared to recent years where iv backed one.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 21 January 2018, 07:31 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I'll be amazed (and also gutted) if the winner isn't in your list Scooby. If I were you, I'd be hoping Footpad gets beat in Irish Arkle and goes JLT.

For me, North Hill Harvey is a solid each way bet at 16/1 (1/4odds) given he puts in his best performances at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        I'll be amazed (and also gutted) if the winner isn't in your list Scooby. If I were you, I'd be hoping Footpad gets beat in Irish Arkle and goes JLT.

For me, North Hill Harvey is a solid each way bet at 16/1 (1/4odds) given he puts in his best performances at Cheltenham.
        Id agree with NHH He's a decent ew bet to my eye too but I'd be able to get on after the king maker at the same price or very simular if he goes close. PM would still be a slight chance jlt too. Looks a pretty easy race to me compared to the arkle.
        And I wouldn't mind that extra 1pt at 33s for footpad in the arkle, it is a huge amount of money.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 21 January 2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Id agree with NHH He's a decent ew bet to my eye too but I'd be able to get on after the king maker at the same price or very simular if he goes close. PM would still be a slight chance jlt too. Looks a pretty easy race to me compared to the arkle.
          I missed that PM was mainly any race too. They are great set of bets

Comment

I missed that PM was mainly any race too. They are great set of bets
            PM is all any race for me I just wrote it a bit rubbish. Just hope they get yo chelt sound. And I'm still n't sure why I backed river wylde when i diddnt fancy him just got a bit carried away with the arkle being big price chances with no supreme standouts.

Comment

And I wouldn't mind that extra 1pt at 33s for footpad in the arkle, it is a huge amount of money.
              I diddnt realise he was 16/1 nrnb bog.
              With brain power making a noise after his race and a slight chance he's out. And poss someone stepping up to take the easy looking jlt. I see a small field.

Added NHH 16/1 ew 1/4 nrnb bog 1.5pts ew.

Comment

• If recent history is anything to go by, there could easily be less than 8 runners in this. Raising the ratings of the novice handicap chase might have a small impact on the numbers in this race too.

Also put slightly more on NHH this morning.

Comment

If recent history is anything to go by, there could easily be less than 8 runners in this. Raising the ratings of the novice handicap chase might have a small impact on the numbers in this race too.

Also put slightly more on NHH this morning.
                  Whatever he does In the king maker I'd expect him to go a little better at chelt anyway. Still deffinately expect him and sceau royal to finish 1 -2 infront of saint calvados and who ever else in that race.

and there's nothing in Ireland apart from FP and PM
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 21 January 2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Whatever he does In the king maker I'd expect him to go a little better at chelt anyway. Still deffinately expect him and sceau royal to finish 1 -2 infront of saint calvados and who ever else in that race.

and there's nothing in Ireland apart from FP and PM
                    I don't disagree about Saint Calvados.

He wouldn't be expected to beat NHH or SR in the Kingmaker or in the Arke at the mkoment. At 100/1 though e/w I'm happy, especially if it is a small field....as on the day, they aren't certain to finish in the order of the betting. Falls, unseats, they turning up, off colour, bad ride for any of the others I think he's a big price to place... and of course until he gets beaten in the Kingmaker there is a mchance he might step forward again. I wouldn't back SC at 25/1 now because at 16/1 NHH is a much more solid option.

My position is a little bit worse than yours, but I'm happy enough for now.

Footpad - 2 pts @ 15/1 (double with Might Bite 3/1 King George)
                    Footpad - 1 pt @ 25/1
                    Footpad - 1 pt e/w any race @ 16/1
                    Petit Mouchoir - 1.5 pts e/w @ 16/1
                    Petit Mouchoir - 2 pts any race @10/1
                    Sceau Royal - 1 pt e/w @ 33/1
                    Brain Power - 1.5 pts e/w @ 20/1
                    North Hill Harvey - 1 pt @ 33/1
                    North Hill Harvey - 1pt e/w @ 20/1
                    River Wylde - 0.5 pts e/w @ 25/1
                    Saint Calvados - 1 pt e/w @ 100/1
                    Mount Mews - 0.4 pts @ 85/1
                    Saturnas - 0.5 pt e/w 33/1
                    Shantou Rock - 0.5 pt e/w 40/1
                    13 pts NR (10 on Finian's Oscar)

Comment

• Entries close at noon tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I don't disagree about Saint Calvados.

He wouldn't be expected to beat NHH or SR in the Kingmaker or in the Arke at the mkoment. At 100/1 though e/w I'm happy, especially if it is a small field....as on the day, they aren't certain to finish in the order of the betting. Falls, unseats, they turning up, off colour, bad ride for any of the others I think he's a big price to place... and of course until he gets beaten in the Kingmaker there is a mchance he might step forward again. I wouldn't back SC at 25/1 now because at 16/1 NHH is a much more solid option.

My position is a little bit worse than yours, but I'm happy enough for now.

Footpad - 2 pts @ 15/1 (double with Might Bite 3/1 King George)
                        Footpad - 1 pt @ 25/1
                        Footpad - 1 pt e/w any race @ 16/1
                        Petit Mouchoir - 1.5 pts e/w @ 16/1
                        Petit Mouchoir - 2 pts any race @10/1
                        Sceau Royal - 1 pt e/w @ 33/1
                        Brain Power - 1.5 pts e/w @ 20/1
                        North Hill Harvey - 1 pt @ 33/1
                        North Hill Harvey - 1pt e/w @ 20/1
                        River Wylde - 0.5 pts e/w @ 25/1
                        Saint Calvados - 1 pt e/w @ 100/1
                        Mount Mews - 0.4 pts @ 85/1
                        Saturnas - 0.5 pt e/w 33/1
                        Shantou Rock - 0.5 pt e/w 40/1
                        13 pts NR (10 on Finian's Oscar)
                        Decent chances there kev deffinately of filling the frame also. You never know saint calvados could sneak a place on the day Assuming he runs a decent race in the kingmaker and they go on to the arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                          Entries close at noon tomorrow.
                          Is this the correct days they're out Archie.

23 Jan – Arkle, NH Chse, RSA, JLT*
                          30 Jan – Sup, Nept, Triumph, AB*
                          20 Feb – Ultima, Close Bros, Coral, FW, Pert, Plate, KM, Cty, MP, GA*
                          27 Feb – XCtry, Bump, Mares Nov, Foxhtrs

Comment

• Those are the issue dates that I've seen, Scooby, but the entries for the novice events actually close the day before. Not sure about the other races.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              Those are the issue dates that I've seen, Scooby, but the entries for the novice events actually close the day before. Not sure about the other races.
                              Thankyou

Comment

• Looking at the way it's phrased on the HRI site, I think I'll amend the statement to 'close with the HRI at noon tomorrow'.

Comment

Working...
                                X