Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    It's the first time I've bought it. I prefer One Jump Ahead but it has put me in the mood for the jumps.
    Worth getting? Where from?

Comment

I ordered mine from the racing post.

In One Jump Ahead Mark Howard has interviews with leading trainers and owners. Jumpers To Follow is all the opinion of Paul Ferguson when he goes through the various yards.

It's still a decent read, I just think OJA is better.

Comment

Not got a particular fancy for race ,to many if , buts , and maybe"s.
        If you put gun to my head , Charli Parcs.
        Considering connections already have champion hurdler plus Defi , highly unlikely Charli will stay hurdling.
        Nicky Henderson has said recently on his Twitter feed that Charli still excites him and he not lost the faith.
        Also as a five year old , think he will get the weight allowance?
        All in all , vibes very positive.

Comment

I thought id heard Nicky say that Charli Parcs is staying hurdling, but I could be wrong

Comment

He may well , but to me that would make no sense Billy. That first run at Kempton Charli looked like he would be dining at the top table for forthcoming seasons , sparkling debut.I cant see Bourair , Defi and Charli all going down The Champion winding road ,one will go Arkle route , im confident that will be Charli boy.

Comment

The more I stare at this market the more I think it is there for the absolute taking with Finian's Oscar!

If he can win over 2m, fences... then with the likelihood at taking on Willoughby Court, Yanworth and possibly Bacardys etc in the JLT/RSA... this race looks there for the taking!

Owner cares about the prestige more than 'a winner' on what we've seen historically and although I don't think they'd swerve a tough race, I can 100% see why they'd aim at the Arkle this season with a view to stepping up in the future if need be! Plus, maybe they've got the bug for the CC with Fox Norton going so close last year....

The only horses I like in the market are Melon, Petit Mouchoir and Charli Parcs and I am not sure any of them are even going togo chasing.... f now FO might end up in a different race, but 6/1 any race vs 16s for this - I might take my chance as I really am starting to think this will be the race he goes for....

Comment

Those who have got Paul Ferguson book will have seen comments re William Henry, good job I held back on having a wager

Comment

Got Pauls book but ain't had chance to get stuck in to it. Will be tonight though

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                    Those who have got Paul Ferguson book will have seen comments re William Henry, good job I held back on having a wager
                    Did I miss the reference in the book Paz? I was under the impression based on his book he goes chasing and 2m-2m4 will be his trip?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Did I miss the reference in the book Paz? I was under the impression based on his book he goes chasing and 2m-2m4 will be his trip?
                      Just the bit about being suited to Aintree Jono so could have that as end of season target? Likely could bypass Cheltenham maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        The more I stare at this market the more I think it is there for the absolute taking with Finian's Oscar!

If he can win over 2m, fences... then with the likelihood at taking on Willoughby Court, Yanworth and possibly Bacardys etc in the JLT/RSA... this race looks there for the taking!

Owner cares about the prestige more than 'a winner' on what we've seen historically and although I don't think they'd swerve a tough race, I can 100% see why they'd aim at the Arkle this season with a view to stepping up in the future if need be! Plus, maybe they've got the bug for the CC with Fox Norton going so close last year....

The only horses I like in the market are Melon, Petit Mouchoir and Charli Parcs and I am not sure any of them are even going togo chasing.... f now FO might end up in a different race, but 6/1 any race vs 16s for this - I might take my chance as I really am starting to think this will be the race he goes for....
                        Kev - you make a great case, so good in fact, I'm tempted to follow you in...however, the more I look back at his previous races the more Finians Oscar screams JLT to me. Be interesting to see what prep races he starts with.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                          Kev - you make a great case, so good in fact, I'm tempted to follow you in...however, the more I look back at his previous races the more Finians Oscar screams JLT to me. Be interesting to see what prep races he starts with.
                          The way Colin Tizzard was talking in OJA it sounds like 2.5m would be his preference.

Comment

Oh I agree JLT may suit him more. I just feel like the JLT will be a deeper race this year and if the arkle is open they might re-route. He's a future gold cup horse so he's probably less likely to go, but I've had 2x £10 free bets on at 16s and I'm happy for now. Was just trying to think outside the box a little

Comment

Yanworth, Willoughby Court, Bacardys and Finians Oscar all potential horses for the JLT, and all likely to start their campaigns over 2.5 miles. What an exciting group of novice chasers they are.

It's a real shame Neon Wolf isn't another to add to that list.

Comment

Patrick thinks that Bacardys will improve when stepped up to 3 miles but then he thought the same about Black Hercules and that ended up in the JLT.

Comment

Working...
                                X