Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDB after PM's win: ""He's clever, and he could come back here for the Grade Two (Craddockstown Novice Chase on November 19). We'll see what everyone wants to do, but that would look a nice race for him."

That would be another 2m chase, so fingers crossed that is the distance they stick to for the rest of the season, that said, I hope he has more luck than last years winner, Identity Thief!

Comment

• Gone in on petit mouchoir again at 10s any race.
      Really hope he goes arkle has already have some huge returns for jlt with yanworth Sutton place and finians. Should they go there respectively
      If he dosent I should have the arkle covered behind him and he'll have every chance in the jlt/ rsa should the olearys decide on that route, which is possible
      Last edited by Scooby91; 19 October 2017, 09:00 AM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• PM put in a nice nice round of jumping yesterday, certainly pleased with my 14/1 ante-post. Still along way to go but certainly pleasing chasing debut

Comment

• Thought PM's jumping was high quality compared to FO's earlier in the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Gone in on petit mouchoir again at 10s any race.
            Really hope he goes arkle has already have some huge returns for jlt with yanworth Sutton place and finians. Should they go there respectively
            If he dosent I should have the arkle covered behind him and he'll have every chance in the jlt/ rsa should the olearys decide on that route, which is possible
            Will probably take a defeat at 2m to step up? Or a superstar 2miler emerging?

I wouldn't be too worried at the moment, But did take the 10s as insurance, however for some reason I'd be negative on his chances over further but just a feeling, nothing to base it on!

Just looking forward to seeing more come out and improvement run to run for all of these horses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Will probably take a defeat at 2m to step up? Or a superstar 2miler emerging?

I wouldn't be too worried at the moment, But did take the 10s as insurance, however for some reason I'd be negative on his chances over further but just a feeling, nothing to base it on!

Just looking forward to seeing more come out and improvement run to run for all of these horses!
              Kev, I'd agree with you, I'm not one for backing PM over further, this is his trip, and the race looks like it may turn out to be an absolute steal for Gigginstown, with a lack of solid opposition. If I owned him I'd be happy getting off the mark for the festival in any race, let alone on Day 1, where, coupled with Apple's Jade it could be a real good start for them!

Comment

• Willie mullins stable tour on atr. Cilaos emery likely to stay hurdling.
                Another off the list

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Willie mullins stable tour on atr. Cilaos emery likely to stay hurdling.
                  Another off the list
                  That's the exact opposite of what ruby said a few days ago. he said he was an exciting novice chaser to follow ...

First of many
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 October 2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Only a Willie Mullins stable tour can confuse you more than before it was published.

Faugheen possibly stepping up in trip?!

Comment

• On movewiththetimes Nichhols says:

He will go novice chasing and we are hoping he will make up into high-class individual. He will be a two miler although we will stay further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        On movewiththetimes Nichhols says:

He will go novice chasing and we are hoping he will make up into high-class individual. He will be a two miler although we will stay further.
                        That helps me a bit at least

Comment

• Its a real shame Melon stays hurdling as he looks tailor made for chasing and an arkle in particular.

With Mullins keeping him over hurdles and possibly Cilaos Emery too, bar Bacardys who looks to want further it makes me wonder if he has a horse in mind for the arkle already. Possibly Chacun Pour Soi.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                            Its a real shame Melon stays hurdling as he looks tailor made for chasing and an arkle in particular.

With Mullins keeping him over hurdles and possibly Cilaos Emery too, bar Bacardys who looks to want further it makes me wonder if he has a horse in mind for the arkle already. Possibly Chacun Pour Soi.
                            Chacun is a keen runner, I would be surprised if he went further than 2.
                            Him and footpad not a bad team. Foot pad may go 2m4 but 2 miles off a strong pace and a hill would suit him.
                            Not a high profile one at all, and no idea if he goes chasing but bleu berry travelled really well in his race over 2m4 behind bacardys finians and Death duty, id be of the opinion a stiff 2 miles would be his trip,
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 21 October 2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• I see Chacun Pour Soi wasnt even talked about on the Mullins ATR stable tour

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                                I see Chacun Pour Soi wasnt even talked about on the Mullins ATR stable tour
                                Not to mention Epicuris

Comment

Working...
                                X