Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coney Island Ruled out of the Festival today !, maybe go to Punches town

Comment

• I've had difficulties picking between those at the head of the market so I've played Bachasson EW. Connections keen to go for this and impressed previously at 2m5, think he has the potential to be a lively outsider

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        Coney Island Ruled out of the Festival today !, maybe go to Punches town
        Where did you see that BC? Haven't been able to find anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
          Where did you see that BC? Haven't been able to find anything
          I just googled it and theres an RP article

Comment

• Harry Fry is hoping Kelso's Premier Chase meeting is rearranged for American but, if not, there is still the option of supplementing him for the Timico Gold Cup at Cheltenham.

The talented but fragile chaser bounced back to his best to finish second to Definitly Red in the Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham in January.

While he must have soft ground, all the current snow and forecast rain is giving Fry hope that he may just get his conditions at Prestbury Park.

"It was a shame that we couldn't run American at Kelso this weekend and we're hoping that gets rearranged," Fry told his Betway blog.

"If not, there's an outside chance that he will be supplemented for the Gold Cup on the Saturday before if we could be sure that conditions would come up soft.

"The chances of getting soft ground on the Friday are probably pretty slim, but you've got all the snow to melt in and then the forecast looks unsettled so you never know.

"He's in the Ultima Handicap Chase on the Tuesday and also has an entry in the Midlands National, although it's unlikely we'd run him off top-weight on really bad ground, so we've got a few options."
            Betfair have settled my bet as a loser on the exchanges. Anyone know what happens if he's supplemented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Betfair have settled my bet as a loser on the exchanges. Anyone know what happens if he's supplemented.
              I have a bet on One for Arthur for 2018 GN (I won on him in 2017) and that bet is not settled yet... So no bookies should settle a bet until after the race result.. I am guessing but because it is in the exchanges and has been pulled out not declared then it would be settled as a loser. if it gets supplemented new price new bet..
              Last edited by Sirbetalot; 2 March 2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                I have a bet on One for Arthur for 2018 GN (I won on him in 2017) and that bet it not settled yet... So not bookies should settle a bet until after the race result.. anyway if it get put back in the race they should reinstate the bet.. just you will have to email them.
                In my list of bets for this race it has a price of 1 (I backed him at 100+) and he is removed from the market so it looks like it's settled.

I'm just curious really, as I don't think he'll run (or win).

Comment

• if he did get supplemented I would be emailing them.. GL

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    In my list of bets for this race it has a price of 1 (I backed him at 100+) and he is removed from the market so it looks like it's settled.

I'm just curious really, as I don't think he'll run (or win).
                    I need to know that as well..... took a big price while we all fancied him from a long way out in the Hennessey

Comment

• It has to be in the rules somewhere on their website..

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        I just googled it and theres an RP article

Comment

• Added Edwulf to Total Recall. I suppose he might be bigger on the day? The two big question marks are the value of his last win and whether he can do it back to back. On the plus side he is very lightly raced and was in the process of running very well at last year's Festival. A decent pace seems likely and I can see him picking at least some of them them off. I presume Derek O'Connor will retain the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                            Added Edwulf to Total Recall. I suppose he might be bigger on the day? The two big question marks are the value of his last win and whether he can do it back to back. On the plus side he is very lightly raced and was in the process of running very well at last year's Festival. A decent pace seems likely and I can see him picking at least some of them them off. I presume Derek O'Connor will retain the ride.
                            He was my idea of a big odds ew play, but Killultagh Vic’s fall at Leopardstown put pay to that idea.

Technically Geraghty could be on Edwulf still but yes you’d imagine O’Connor will be back on board.

Comment

• I've just added Djakadam 1 pt e/w at 40/1 (33s with Ladbrokes, boosted to 40/1)

The negatives are obvious... not won it 3 times before (neither had The Fellow - as the Mullins came keep telling us) and this season he hasn't been in the best form..... BUT, you only need to go back to his last run last season and Gold Cup winner (and 6/1 shot for the race Sizing John only beat him a shoulder)

I do think 40/1 massively under-estimates him based on his Gold Cup runs too...

2015 - 2nd behind Coneygree (beaten 1.5L)
                              2016 - 2nd behind Don Cossack (beaten 4.5L)
                              2017 - 4th behind Sizing John (beaten 3.25L)

40/1 is simply too big a price for a horse who's Gold CUp record is 224 - I believe he was unlucky to be beaten in to 4th last year as well because he got the last totally wrong! It isn't like he's been beaten out of sight either..... all three of those runs are really good!

I don't buy the "he doesn't stay" either... you don't come 2nd twice if you don't stay. There might be a STRONGER stayer, but to say he doesn't stay is just plain wrong IMO.

The Giant Bolster wen't off 14/1 when he placed on his 3rd attempt and 33/1 when pulling up behind Coneygree on his 4th attempt.... now Djakadam might Pull Up....but he's 40/1 and a better horse than The Giant Bolster was.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with that bet Kev. Could run a big race and is clearly overpriced.

I have been against him in the last two gold cups, but he was much shorter in the market on those occasions. How can he be twice the price of Total Recall? He certainly shouldn't be.

Comment

Working...
                                X