Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Mullins reports Killultagh Vic to have recovered "remarkably well" from his final-fence fall in the Irish Gold Cup at Leopardstown last Sunday.

The nine-year-old was sidelined for the best part of two years after winning a novice chase at the Foxrock venue in dramatic circumstances in January 2016, making a serious blunder before Ruby Walsh performed miracles in the saddle to secure victory.

He made a successful return from his lengthy absence in a hurdle race at Punchestown on New Year's Eve before being thrown in at the deep end last weekend and looked to be travelling like the winner until coming to grief at the last under Paul Townend.

Mullins said: " Killultagh Vic is fine and came out of the race remarkably well.

"He isn't back riding out yet but hopefully he will shortly."

Killultagh Vic is a best priced 10-1 to provide his trainer with a first victory in the Cheltenham Gold Cup at Prestbury Park next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Willie Mullins reports Killultagh Vic to have recovered "remarkably well" from his final-fence fall in the Irish Gold Cup at Leopardstown last Sunday.

The nine-year-old was sidelined for the best part of two years after winning a novice chase at the Foxrock venue in dramatic circumstances in January 2016, making a serious blunder before Ruby Walsh performed miracles in the saddle to secure victory.

He made a successful return from his lengthy absence in a hurdle race at Punchestown on New Year's Eve before being thrown in at the deep end last weekend and looked to be travelling like the winner until coming to grief at the last under Paul Townend.

Mullins said: " Killultagh Vic is fine and came out of the race remarkably well.

Killultagh Vic is a best priced 10-1 to provide his trainer with a first victory in the Cheltenham Gold Cup at Prestbury Park next month.

That's very good news thanks.

but bare in mind for anyone that fancies him take nrnb.

Nothing would come to to light until his work steps up a gear.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        Willie Mullins reports Killultagh Vic to have recovered "remarkably well" from his final-fence fall in the Irish Gold Cup at Leopardstown last Sunday.

Great news

Already had some of the exchange prices before the Irish Gold Cup, and now might go in again NRNB.

Comment

• Native River still 8/1 with the "boost" with Ladbrokes at the moment for anyone interested... they are NRNB now too

Comment

• I haven't given Native river too much thought so far , In a couple of multiples , Early on , Most likely with B.D, altior and N.Canyon
            if my memory serves me right , Anyone think he's going shake the market up ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
              I haven't given Native river too much thought so far , In a couple of multiples , Early on , Most likely with B.D, altior and N.Canyon
              if my memory serves me right , Anyone think he's going shake the market up ?
              All he did today is shown he's well.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Does nobody think Double Shuffle is overpriced, finished a length behind Might Bite in the KG, closing to the line, miles clear of some decent animals in third and beyond. Tom George hadn't really prepared the horse fully and I think was pleasantly surprised at his performance, has since stated that he will be prepared for a crack at the GC now, and is about 14 times the price of Might Bite, plus the extra 2f, up the hill, should suit him as well as any, and Might Bite didn't handle the hill that well in the RSA, so I've availed myself of some of the 40's on offer, any thoughts folks?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  Does nobody think Double Shuffle is overpriced, finished a length behind Might Bite in the KG, closing to the line, miles clear of some decent animals in third and beyond. Tom George hadn't really prepared the horse fully and I think was pleasantly surprised at his performance, has since stated that he will be prepared for a crack at the GC now, and is about 14 times the price of Might Bite, plus the extra 2f, up the hill, should suit him as well as any, and Might Bite didn't handle the hill that well in the RSA, so I've availed myself of some of the 40's on offer, any thoughts folks?
                  If you take the form of Kempton literally then absolutely right to note him as value.

However, I think Might Bite had an awful lot in hand and me personally have doubts on him in a top class race over 3m 2f on an undulating track. But it’s all about opinions and I’m usually wrong!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                    If you take the form of Kempton literally then absolutely right to note him as value.

However, I think Might Bite had an awful lot in hand and me personally have doubts on him in a top class race over 3m 2f on an undulating track. But it’s all about opinions and I’m usually wrong!!
                    Tbh Al the further into the past the race gets the better the performance of DS appears in my minds eye. He was a length behind MB, then a couple clear of Thistlecrack another 3 or so to the 4th, but they were then about 16 clear of Whisper. Before that he was 8lnths behind Top Notch over 2m 5f, a distance clearly too short given how he travelled and finished. I remember having a similar debate the year See More Business won, I'd had plenty of opportunities to back him at 33's and was talked out of it, I still backed him at 16's, a good return but not as good as it should have been. Since then I've always followed my gut instinct, and my gut instinct tells me he's not out of this

Comment

Does nobody think Double Shuffle is overpriced, finished a length behind Might Bite in the KG, closing to the line, miles clear of some decent animals in third and beyond. Tom George hadn't really prepared the horse fully and I think was pleasantly surprised at his performance, has since stated that he will be prepared for a crack at the GC now, and is about 14 times the price of Might Bite, plus the extra 2f, up the hill, should suit him as well as any, and Might Bite didn't handle the hill that well in the RSA, so I've availed myself of some of the 40's on offer, any thoughts folks?

I think the championship races are all ripe for boilover so why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Not the first time I've said this but I do NOT see how that is a negative...

Slow boats have won the Gold Cup in LOADS of renewals...

Lord Windemere, Syncronised, Bobs Worth to name just 3 in the last 6 seasons...
                        Coneygree also one paced, Don Cossack couldn't win a Ryanair or KG - and Sizing John's record at 3m is way way way better than shorter trips to round out all the last 6 renewals...

I am not saying a horse like Might Bite (who isn't a BOAT) can't win... but what I am saying is "slow boats" do WIN Gold Cups...
                        I agree with all this except bobs being a slow boat. See January 2011 trials day.

Comment

Tbh Al the further into the past the race gets the better the performance of DS appears in my minds eye. He was a length behind MB, then a couple clear of Thistlecrack another 3 or so to the 4th, but they were then about 16 clear of Whisper. Before that he was 8lnths behind Top Notch over 2m 5f, a distance clearly too short given how he travelled and finished. I remember having a similar debate the year See More Business won, I'd had plenty of opportunities to back him at 33's and was talked out of it, I still backed him at 16's, a good return but not as good as it should have been. Since then I've always followed my gut instinct, and my gut instinct tells me he's not out of this
                          Is Double Shuffle better suited to Kempton?

Best results at 3m (Beating Go Conquer, small defeat to Pilgrims Bay and 1L defeat against Might Bite in the KG)

Been to CHeltenham on 4 occasions, all 2m4f though, form figures of 4/2/3/PU - not that bad really so maybe not.

Comment

• I keep changing my mind on this one, Mite Bite deserves to be favourite. I was leaning towards Road to Respect but I now think Native River might be where cash goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibbo82 View Post
                              I keep changing my mind on this one, Mite Bite deserves to be favourite. I was leaning towards Road to Respect but I now think Native River might be where cash goes?
                              Have you backed anything so far Gibbo?

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                                I agree with all this except bobs being a slow boat. See January 2011 trials day.
                                Agree.
                                He also beat Sire de Grugy 9l over 2m in his nov hurdle days...

Comment

Working...
                                X