Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    I reckon Colin's been having a scrumpy or two today ! , . racing post news - Tizzard says the old Thistlecrack is back and could win the Gold cup.
    I read the Sporting Life article earlier, and did laugh.

I love the horse, and the trainer, but I think they might have knocked the top off a few bottles of scotch this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      Tizzard said Native River will have 1 run then the Gold Cup. Really starting to fancy him for this, last season he had a tough season and Might Bite could set it up for him
      I wish you Luck Ryanh, personally i think that last year was his year ,and that the Injury put paid to it. He certainly ran better
      in the king george last week , so that must give the yard some optimism.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        I wish you Luck Ryanh, personally i think that last year was his year ,and that the Injury put paid to it. He certainly ran better
        in the king george last week , so that must give the yard some optimism.
        I was on about Native River not Thistlecrack? I agree with everyone else about that hahaha

Comment

Tizzard said Native River will have 1 run then the Gold Cup. Really starting to fancy him for this, last season he had a tough season and Might Bite could set it up for him
          Does that differ from his original plan? I can't remember what they said about the plan for him... but he's done himself no harm in not running so far.

Comment

I was on about Native River not Thistlecrack? I agree with everyone else about that hahaha
            Must put my glasses on when i read these post's !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Does that differ from his original plan? I can't remember what they said about the plan for him... but he's done himself no harm in not running so far.
              I can't either, but like you said it has done him no harm not running. If anything I think it'll do him a world of good, no Henessey and no Welsh National

Comment

I can't either, but like you said it has done him no harm not running. If anything I think it'll do him a world of good, no Henessey and no Welsh National
                For me, he's a little bit short on the fact he's not done anything and he's more an each way horse than my idea of the winner... that said, I have 1.5 pts at 23/1 on the exchanges that I am happy to have running at this stage

Comment

For me, he's a little bit short on the fact he's not done anything and he's more an each way horse than my idea of the winner... that said, I have 1.5 pts at 23/1 on the exchanges that I am happy to have running at this stage
                  I Would argue that our duke is woefully short on what he's done coming off the back of a shocking run where he clearly wasnt right and underwent surgery. I honestly wouldnt take 50s on him. His price is as if he came back from injury and ran a closing 2nd / 3rd in the lexus. (Christmas chase)
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Might Bite and Coney Island are my two currently. I think last year's renewal looks weak with the benefit of hindsight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      I Would argue that our duke is woefully short on what he's done coming off the back of a shocking run where he clearly wasnt right and underwent surgery. I honestly wouldnt take 50s on him. His price is as if he came back from injury and ran a closing 2nd / 3rd in the lexus. (Christmas chase)
                      Yorkhill was a shocking run. Our Duke was injured?

I was happy to take Our Duke at 25s after that race, but always risk when you're backing one that has been injured, obviously.

I can't be bothered to go back through, but are you keen on Coney Island or Disko? I couldn't have one without the other two... and have them at 25s, 25s and 50s.

Comment

• Disko is the one I'm concerned about as I'd like to be on him but I've missed the big prices

Comment

Yorkhill was a shocking run. Our Duke was injured?

I was happy to take Our Duke at 25s after that race, but always risk when you're backing one that has been injured, obviously.

I can't be bothered to go back through, but are you keen on Coney Island or Disko? I couldn't have one without the other two... and have them at 25s, 25s and 50s.
                          Keener on disko over a trip but has his little problems with niggles and minor muscular issues.
                          Coney island is a nice horse I don't think he wants 3m2 round Cheltenham off a fast pace in the gold cup though, he's not and out and out stayer for me.

Our duke I ha e completely wrote off and I know you are going to mention the related form .
                          But our duke wants to jump at his own pace, they will go far too quick for him in the gold cup. And he would be knowhere turning in. He's a carbon copy of minella Rocco for me. And that's without his surgery ....
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 31 December 2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Keener on disko over a trip but has his little problems with niggles and minor muscular issues.
                            Coney island is a nice horse I don't think he wants 3m2 round Cheltenham off a fast pace in the gold cup though, he's not and out and out stayer for me.

Our duke I ha e completely wrote off and I know you are going to mention the related form .
                            But our duke wants to jump at his own pace, they will go far too quick for him in the gold cup. And he would be knowhere turning in. He's a carbon copy of minella Rocco for me. And that's without his surgery ....
                            I don't disagree that he could get out paced. He'll need a good ride, but horses that are just stayers have run incredibly well and even won some Gold Cups (Minella Rocco 2nd isn't a bad run at all, so to be similar for me is fine). I am not saying this isn't a great Gold Cup... but it might not be. Every horse has a question mark around it now, every single one....

I'm happy to be with one I know will be staying on at the end.... if Might Bite holds on then so-be-it, (i've got him covered anyway) but I definitely wouldn't be as bullish about Our Duke not being a factor based on them going too quick.

They went too quick for Lord Windemere and Syncronised and they did quite well

Comment

I don't disagree that he could get out paced. He'll need a good ride, but horses that are just stayers have run incredibly well and even won some Gold Cups (Minella Rocco 2nd isn't a bad run at all, so to be similar for me is fine). I am not saying this isn't a great Gold Cup... but it might not be. Every horse has a question mark around it now, every single one....

I'm happy to be with one I know will be staying on at the end.... if Might Bite holds on then so-be-it, (i've got him covered anyway) but I definitely wouldn't be as bullish about Our Duke not being a factor based on them going too quick.

They went too quick for Lord Windemere and Syncronised and they did quite well
                              Poor renewal. Conti diddnt stay. Bob's worth was over the hill. Synchronised had just won the lexus pulling away he was also a good jumper especially under pressure. . And he certainly wasn't coming in off kissing spine surgery having being tailed off in his last race after a few fences.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 31 December 2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• How strongly would you argue that this isn't a poor renewal coming up in 2018 though?

Might Bite can't get up a Cheltenham hill, KG performance not top class on the clock/figures.
                                Sizing John won a poor renewal last year and just got absolutely walloped, and is now clinically abnormal.
                                Road to Respect is too closely matched with Outlander for me to think he's top class
                                Coney Island doesn't want the trip, could be top class but no where near proven it yet
                                Native River failed last year, yet to reappear, not top class - just a proven stayer
                                Thistlecrack even at his best isn't that good, not top class on his chase form ever
                                Bristol De Mai needs heavy ground, not top class
                                Minella Rocco beaten last season, not top class, just a stayer
                                Disko not a prolific winner so not top class
                                Then we're at Whisper, Total Recall and Djakadam. All exposed as not top class

THe only potential Top Class horses for me are Might Bite, Our Duke, COney Island and Disko... and Sizing John although if he won it, I'd argue its just a poorish renewal again.

Comment

Working...
                                X