Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'd take that today if I wasn't already on. Shouldn't be a bigger price than Disko
    I personally think disko is the better horse over a trip, but Coney island is better than disko over today's trip
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I personally think disko is the better horse over a trip, but Coney island is better than disko over today's trip
      You might be right, but I don't think we'll find out this season as if they both look possible GC horses they'll both be in it...

Obviously at the price you have CI covered in Ryanair makes sense though.

Comment

• Coney Island looks like a Ryanair horse to me. Ive taken the 14/1 any race with Hills.
        Last edited by doctorwu; 23 December 2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
          Coney Island looks like a Ryanair horse to me. Ive taken the 14/1 any race with Hills.
          I would have said the same about Sizing John after he won the Kinloch Brae. He does look suited to the Ryanair, but nothing to suggest he won't be equally suited to the Gold Cup as of now. Unless he fails miserably in the Irish GC, I think Harty won't change his plans.

Comment

• I'm not knocking your bet by the way, 14/1 any race is a great price considering he is 16/1 for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
              I would have said the same about Sizing John after he won the Kinloch Brae. He does look suited to the Ryanair, but nothing to suggest he won't be equally suited to the Gold Cup as of now. Unless he fails miserably in the Irish GC, I think Harty won't change his plans.
              Coney island.

"He's not even seven yet, so hopefully he's got a long career ahead of him. They are talking of him being in the mix for the Gold Cup, but he's still a young horse."

He won well, the second horse possibly went a little bit hard and paid the penalty in the last two furlongs.

"I'm delighted with my fellow, as he's not run for a year. I'm grateful to Ascot for putting the race on and it's a nice starting point.

"To pitch him in the Christmas Chase at Leopardstown was the only other alternative and that would have been quite hard.

"I'd imagine we'll put him in the Irish Gold Cup and Cheltenham Gold Cup and see how he goes from there, hopefully we get a trouble-free run with him this year."
              Last edited by Scooby91; 23 December 2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• I'll see how the land lies closer to the time but got 2 pts e/w at 50/1 GC.

I'd fancy him for a Ryanair without a doubt do can see why people would take that bet, seems very logical if not already involved as had been stated

Comment

• That move from 3 out to 2 out by Coney Island today was extremely impressive, just ate the ground up. Giving 11lb and 9l beating to a rival Nicholls said had ideal conditions was no mean feat. There’s nothing to suggest CI doesn’t get at least 3 miles and I’d be surprised to see him end up anywhere but the Gold Cup. Ed Harty wouldn’t have too many opportunities to go for the big one and I’m sure JP wouldn’t stand in the way. Big fan of this horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                    That move from 3 out to 2 out by Coney Island today was extremely impressive, just ate the ground up. Giving 11lb and 9l beating to a rival Nicholls said had ideal conditions was no mean feat. There’s nothing to suggest CI doesn’t get at least 3 miles and I’d be surprised to see him end up anywhere but the Gold Cup. Ed Harty wouldn’t have too many opportunities to go for the big one and I’m sure JP wouldn’t stand in the way. Big fan of this horse.
                    Ofcourse he gets 3 miles. But does he want 3m2 in a rough race up a hill at chelt, on previous form I don't think so.
                    But he's had a year to strengthen up, he ran a good race today. And eill be interesting to see how he goes up in grade, If he dosent go close in the irish gold cup or gets ran out of it on the run in, id personally like to see him going Ryanair because he'd go very close. And like the trainer said he's still a young horse,
                    if they don't over do it, there hopefully will be plenty of gold cups to run in, in future years.

I'd go the don Cossack route.

Comment

• About 80% of my antepost bets have coney in them for gold cup. Very happy this evening.

Hope he stays injury free.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        About 80% of my antepost bets have coney in them for gold cup. Very happy this evening.

Hope he stays injury free.
                        Great news... the mayo million multiples are back

Comment

• some performance that by Coney, like the way he travelled and picked up of fast pace.

Comment

• Agree , nice performance by Coney Island , and i have got a nice little 50-1 ticket sitting in my draw, but i wonder if being only
                            a 6 y/old wether it's a year or so too early for a gold cup. Also having been injured and
                            off for a while , they're going to take it softly softly with him ,.
                            BUT , I think he's going to be my First A/P bet for the 2019 Gold cup .

Comment

• Sizing John 7/4
                              Yorkhill 11/4

For the Christmas Chase ...

One of those prices will look ridiculous .... but which haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Sizing John 7/4
                                Yorkhill 11/4

For the Christmas Chase ...

One of those prices will look ridiculous .... but which haha
                                If sizing johm lost to yorkhill id go back in on a drifted SJ all day for the gold cup. Assuming yorkhill wont have a huge problem getting the 3 in the lexus.
                                But I'm 100% against him wanting 3m2 around chelt in the gold cup.

2 bets will be in my basket during this race.
                                Yorkhill ew 20/1 CH.
                                Disko 25/1 ew GC a 2nd and I'll pull the trigger on him.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 24 December 2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X