Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Thistlecrack v might bite v fox norton in the king george would be an absolute cracker. No idea who would win between them 3. Hoping thistlecrack comes on from his hurdle run. I think all 3 are staying chasers of the highest order.
    We've agreed too much recently...so...

At the moment Fox Norton has done nothing to prove he gets a strong run 3m. Bit of a leap of faith because the owner had a horse improve massively for a step up in trip? Furthest he has EVER gone is 19f! which he looked to see out well but that isn't proof by any stretch. For me he MIGHT stay and because I know/knew/thought he'll be trying I took 50/1 for the Gold Cup but it is very speculative.... but I'd find it very easy to pass him over without betting on him in this race... certainly don't think you can say he is a staying chaser of the highest order?

Thistlecrack's win last year wouldn't be good enough to win this years edition, and I don't think he will ever reproduce a performance like he did again... Would LOVE to be wrong, LOVE the horse... but head is in control here and he's a terrible price, even if he wins.

Might Bite's race to lose for me, boring as it sounds. Wouldn't be as bullish as I'd have previously been to be about BDM not being good enough .... but I can see why he is shorter in the betting than Thistle and Foxy.

If Whisper was a definite runner I'd consider him at 20's each way... or for when Might Bite falls at the last.

Might Bite needs to improve on his performance first time out though, needs to reproduce the performance of 12 months ago, rather than the one at Aintree or first time out.

Comment

• Not long until we find out kev. Wad really impressed with the manner in which fox norton won at Aintree and over the shorter distance at punchestown. Seen nothing wrong what so ever with his run in the tingle creek. 2m4 is a staying distance in my eyes, but hes deffinately worth a shot at the king george could certainly suprise a few.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I expect to see a high class Might Bite win King George easily , jumping them silly from 2 mile out. Bristol second and Fox Norton third.

Feel MB just has to many gears for this lot , believe only horses capable of giving him something to think about all reside in Ireland.

Comment

• Think you will see the real Thistlecrack on boxing day so grab that 12/1whats out there quick

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            Think you will see the real Thistlecrack on boxing day so grab that 12/1whats out there quick
            On what basis Somer?

I much prefer Fox Norton of the Tizzard brigade

Comment

• Thistlecracks last race was to bad to be true.Traveled well,jumped well but blow up.My west country cousins will have him super fit now they know he wasnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                Thistlecracks last race was to bad to be true.Traveled well,jumped well but blow up.My west country cousins will have him super fit now they know he wasnt.
                Does it not concern you that they we're quite bullish about how fit they said he was before it? They said he'd 'come on for the run' but they said he'd do himself justice?

Comment

• Yes its does a tad.But the Tizzards got it wrong.The horse has run one bad race. I think i can remember a trainer saying you never know how fit they are till you get them on a racecourse.

Comment

• Tizzard has history here, several times he's believed his horse(s) were spot on for reappearances but ran very flat, certainly happened with Cue Card before the Haldon a few years ago though since Joe has taken a leading role there things have become more professional and errors/misjudgements are seen less these days.
                    Thistlecrack was clearly short last time, he will improve bundles at Kempton but whether he improves enough to beat a horse in Might Bite who is likely to have everything where he wants, including the exit to the stables being after the win line, is another matter....

Comment

• I backed Thistlecrack for the world hurdle last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                        I backed Thistlecrack for the world hurdle last month.
                        I doubt you'll be alone there Liam....

Comment

• Tizzards out of their depth at times , Colin is a farmer , playing at the top table , he interviews occasionally like he doesnt know what he talking about . Reckon his son wont be long before he takes over , harsh but fair , its just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                            Tizzards out of their depth at times , Colin is a farmer , playing at the top table , he interviews occasionally like he doesnt know what he talking about . Reckon his son wont be long before he takes over , harsh but fair , its just my opinion.
                            When a son takes over its not always for the best look at the Pipes !!! And whats wrong with farmers?

Comment

• I think Colin Tizzard is out of his depth but since Joe retired from riding their horses have improved and they have getting higher standard horses

Comment

• Has anyone on the forum got Sizing John backed? I haven't .... but I kinda wish I had... as if I was being flippant and slightly negative.....

Next in the market is Might Bite, who you're relying on NOT wandering up the hill like he has BOTH times he has raced at Cheltenham.

Yorkhill, target not confirmed and doesn't do anything in front.... so would need THE perfect ride to beat him? No form in open company yet.

Bristol De Mai needs heavy ground

Thistlecrack not the same after injury

Native River - held on last years form and yet to reappear, whereas SJ has reappeared looking as good as last season.

Our Duke - flopped on reappearance, excuses sure, but needs to bounce back...

Whisper always finds one too good, and Sizing John is too good.

Disko - Not rated high enough yet to worry about

Djakadam - well held on last years form AND his reappearance

Road To Respect - isn't good enough.

Coney Island - Not rated high enough yet to worry about

Min? haha, why is Min quoted.

Monella Rocco - well held last year and in complete contrast to SJ, has been rubbish this season

Total Recall - is not rated high enough to be a factor

Blaklion - is going for the GN

UDS - shouldn't be quoted

Coneygree - is broken

Cue Card -

Comment

Working...
                                X