Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Duke was my selection, but I'm increasingly coming round to Might Bite you know

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
      Our Duke was my selection, but I'm increasingly coming round to Might Bite you know
      Easily make a case for having both on side.

King George for might bite and he'll be too short to back again in my opinion after winning that.

Comment

• I wont be in a rush to back Might Bite yet. Can hardly tell how good these small fields are. Needs to prove in a big race at Cheltenham before I can put him in a few double and Trebles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
          I wont be in a rush to back Might Bite yet. Can hardly tell how good these small fields are. Needs to prove in a big race at Cheltenham before I can put him in a few double and Trebles.
          You probably won't see him at Cheltenham before the festival now anyway, King George at Kempton next, then maybe a little pipe opener before the fez like this year, so you'll probably have to "Bite" the bullet with him, but could wait until after the King George of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            I wont be in a rush to back Might Bite yet. Can hardly tell how good these small fields are. Needs to prove in a big race at Cheltenham before I can put him in a few double and Trebles.
            Hi Liam,
            Not sure I'd be confident about Might Bite getting up the hill in a GC. I'll be looking to lay him nearer the time.

Comment

• I only had Coney Island so far at 33's small bet tempted to load up on Thistlecrack more I think more I'm convinced he win this year. Especially now we seen him parading round at Wincanton.

Comment

• Only other one I be considering is Douvan should he turn up for this race.

Comment

• Thought Might Bite was ok yesterday, Im sure Nicky left bundles to work on for the KG, good to see him take a lead, but yesterday he must only of run to around 150 which is miles away from what will be needed. But it looked a nice little intro to the season, exciting times ahead. I would certainly have him shorter in the Gold Cup betting than Thistlecrack.

Comment

• Thistlecrack wont stay gold cup trip , remember Many Clouds beating him at Cheltenham purely by outstaying him.
                    Sizing John won poor gold cup , form of placed horses dont stack up.
                    The Duke fluffed his lines last time , but expect to see him improve on that next time. Jury out whether he good enough though.
                    Might Bite stopped in RSA not through tiredness , extra distance taken on trust , Hendo unsure about gold cup listening to vibes.
                    Douvan may be stepped up in trip listening to RR yesterday , has it to prove he stays and no ill effects from injury.
                    Yorkhill future seems to be up in air trip and hurdles/fences , if Mullins unsure how the hell punters can have confidence is baffling.

Bookies paradise , they cant lose.

Comment

• This race is Definitly a bookies race at the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                        This race is Definitly a bookies race at the moment
                        If you can predict the King George winner, you've got the Gold Cup SP fav IMO.

Only an impressive win from Yorkhill could usurp the KG winner as fav for me (even an Our Duke big win might not convince bookies).

For me, Might Bite will be fav although how the market reacts will depend on the manner of any winner. If it looks as deep a race as it is now though it'll be a really strong looking winner on paper!

You could make a case for MB 14/1 for KG/GC in my opinion as he'll be similar price to thistlecrack was (5/2) after the KG?

Comment

• I agree with that Kev, I just think as it stands it's the bookies race!

Comment

• Willie Mullins not bothered about Douvan getting the GC trip because he's got the winner in the stable....Acapella Bourgeois

Comment

• Here is a scenario for you.

Bristol De Mai beats Sizing John and Cue Card in Betfair Chase by comfortable few lengths , what price would he be straightaway afterwards.

If he then went for King George and won that also or was placed , would he come into the reckoning for Gold even though no form on undulating tracks.

I fully expect him to beat Sizing John by the way , really impressed me last time out.Kempton would also suit his running style also.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                                Willie Mullins not bothered about Douvan getting the GC trip because he's got the winner in the stable....Acapella Bourgeois
                                Hey doc , you been on the funny pills lol

Comment

Working...
                                X