Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainer Jessica Harrington is still bemused by Our Duke's lethargic display in the JNwine.com Champion Chase at Down Royal - despite allowing for the fact he scoped badly after the race.

Comment

• The whole yards form is pretty abysmal currently though, 1 winner from last 27 runners under the NH code, she's doing better with her flat runners, but a 3.7% strike rate is poor in anyone's book!

I'd suggest we will see a different load of form from the Christmas period onward, as for her being mystified by that performance, she should probably be looking at the whole lot of horses she has sent out that have run badly, there are enough to choose from currently, whether they are being trained for the latter part of the season, but she doesn't want to say this in public, or there is a genuine underlying issue, like a virus or something within the yard, I don't know, but something isn't right and the form says it all for me.

Comment

• It's clear that she doesn't believe that it was solely down to what they found in the scope.

Comment

• Jessie stable

I'd be worried backing SIZING JOHN in the BetFair is horses at Jessie's are coughing

Comment

• No so much direct Gold Cup news, but was once suggested as potential future horse for this race, good news too, Killultagh Vic is back in training with Willie Mullins.

Fully recovered according to Colin McBratney, whom he left Willie for in hope of recovery.

Only market I have seen him in is the Foxhunters tbh, a race he'd hack up in should he get back anywhere near his best!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              No so much direct Gold Cup news, but was once suggested as potential future horse for this race, good news too, Killultagh Vic is back in training with Willie Mullins.

Fully recovered according to Colin McBratney, whom he left Willie for in hope of recovery.

Only market I have seen him in is the Foxhunters tbh, a race he'd hack up in should he get back anywhere near his best!
              Where did you see this? Good news that for the horse. Couldn't be backing him until before the off on his comeback but if he retains 70% of his ability then you would imagine the foxhunters would be his for the taking

Comment

• Found it on the RP

There was light at the end of the tunnel for followers of Killultagh Vic as Colin McBratney, who has been assisting with the recovery of the Grade 1 winner, reported on Monday that the talented chaser has made a full recovery and will return to Willie Mullins' yard on Wednesday.

He said: "Killultagh Vic is doing well and is heading to Willie on Wednesday – he's ready to step forward now to the next stage.

"He had a crack on his pelvis as well as a suspensory injury but he's fully recovered and has done plenty of work – we're very happy with him."

Absent since January 2016, when somehow winning a Grade 2 novice chase at Leopardstown after all but coming down at the last under Ruby Walsh, Killultagh Vic is 7-1 favourite for the St James's Place Foxhunter at Cheltenham in March.

However, when asked whether hunter chasing beckons for a horse who beat Thistlecrack on his final start over hurdles at Punchestown in 2015 and has earned a rating of 153 over fences, McBratney responded: "I don't think so, not at the moment.

"That was a possibility at one stage but the way things have progressed this past month would suggest he still has plenty of ability. If he stays right I can see him doing better things.

"He's a very classy horse and is still only eight. There's plenty of time to go hunter chasing with him."

Sky Bet quote Killultagh Vic at 66-1 for the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup.
                Last edited by KingSprinterSacre; 6 November 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• I had big views that he would eventually land the Grand National, those hopes are back alive albeit a lot of work to do before that is even a possibility. Just be nice to see him back first and foremost

Comment

• Great news regarding Vic , top class animal , lets hope he stays sound now.

Comment

• Our Duke now a top priced 16/1... not surprising. I think that is still a good price, and would pay to take the gamble that next time out with the stable in better form he'd win and get back on track and go back to south of 10/1.

Already invested though

Pleasing news on Killultagh Vic, I thought he'd left MUllinsm for good which surprised me, this news makes a lot more sense
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 6 November 2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Noel Meade on Disko:

"I was talking to the handicapper and he's got Disko 1lb higher than Road To Respect so we're getting up there.

"I've always thought Disko was a three-miler but the Gold Cup is a long way away, a lot of water can run under the bridge, but we'll hope that he is (a Gold Cup horse)."

Not necessarily what I wanted to see, as I have a small investment on Disko for the Ryanair.
                        Still best priced 33/1 available for Disko in this.....

Comment

• I think Noel Meade is very much wanting the gold cup and was hurt when road to riches was forced down the Ryanair route. What he wants might not be what he gets ... if Disko goes for the Lexus and gets beat he might well be sent over shorter ... 33/1 for this is fair enough

Comment

• I see Yorkhill has entries for 19th november and 3rd December - 2m and 2m4f hurdles . does this mean it's a no show in this race ??.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              I see Yorkhill has entries for 19th november and 3rd December - 2m and 2m4f hurdles . does this mean it's a no show in this race ??.
                              They always do that I wouldn't worry.
                              Any horse that has a chance in any grade 1 race. Mullins block enters them. Options are always open.

Arctic fire however not entered for either, is a problem
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I see , Cheers Scooby.

Comment

Working...
                                X