Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
    Ive watched the Dostal Phil race a couple of times and it was all a bit strange, maybe he just isnt going to be that good, I cant believe they would do this would they!! But im left wondering are they already lining him up for the Betfair Hurdle. They usually have one a year earmarked it wouldnt shock me if Dostal Phil was their one this year, but maybe he just isnt going to be very goood, I mean what does £200k buy you these days!!!! lol
    Money doesn't buy you a horse that can immediately jump a hurdle unfortunately. Yet the horse Dostal Phil beat on the flat in France (Demon D'aunou) looked a classy animal over further and over hurdles for the same connections a couple of weeks back. There was a bit on the links Jono put up for the French recruits about that particular flat race they contested against each other, can't find the exact quote but it was something along the lines of the trip was ideal for Dostal Phil compared with the other runners in the race, so reading into that (and I know it's easy now, after the bird has flown) you'd say they've actually done well to get as close to Dostal Phil as they did.

I do agree that Dostal Phil will probably be better over time and is probably going to be aimed at a lesser race, but I guess the clues were there, if you believe one guys opinion on the French horses, although I've had a look into him on Twitter and in fairness he seems to know his stuff!

Comment

• In one jump ahead it says 'Time will tell if he is a supreme contender' but should win plenty of pots through the winter months .... fits in with what you've been saying

Comment

• I'm struggling upto now for this race, all I got is Red Jack 'any race' and Annamix (obviously on hype)

Comment

• Patiently looking and waiting for an entry for Pym here...

Comment

• Western Ryder is out at Stratford tomorrow, Greatrex has found a suitably soft introduction for the horse and the expectation is that he'll win this comfortably, securing Dickie Johnson is a great booking and something I know connections were trying to do last season.
            Win tomorrow then map out the rest of the season which is currently targeting the Supreme....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Western Ryder is out at Stratford tomorrow, Greatrex has found a suitably soft introduction for the horse and the expectation is that he'll win this comfortably, securing Dickie Johnson is a great booking and something I know connections were trying to do last season.
              Win tomorrow then map out the rest of the season which is currently targeting the Supreme....
              I watched his schooling, I wouldn't worry about him jumping a hurdle, he wasnt under pressure but he jumped excellently.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Western Ryder is out at Stratford tomorrow, Greatrex has found a suitably soft introduction for the horse and the expectation is that he'll win this comfortably, securing Dickie Johnson is a great booking and something I know connections were trying to do last season.
                Nice formline to assess there as well as Pym beat Flashing Glance 12 lengths off level weights in a bumper back in April

Comment

• Thanks Ista.

I did see someone put Western Ryder in their 5 to avoid this season... and I think someone else crabbing the Cheltenham bumper form. Be harder to asses with no Fayonagh too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Thanks Ista.

I did see someone put Western Ryder in their 5 to avoid this season... and I think someone else crabbing the Cheltenham bumper form. Be harder to asses with no Fayonagh too.
                    Doesn't like hurdles

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      I watched his schooling, I wouldn't worry about him jumping a hurdle, he wasnt under pressure but he jumped excellently.
                      Famous last words....

Comment

• Somebody on here I'm sure, (sorry can't remember who) mentioned a horse called KESSELRING?

Rumours on social media are that Mullins acquired the horse off Hannon and is their Supreme horse!

Time will tell I suppose and the betting of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Famous last words....
                          Haha I just came here to quote that. Look on YouTube and greatrex fb page. Obviously different at home compared to on the track
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Haha I just came here to quote that. Look on YouTube and greatrex fb page. Obviously different at home compared to on the track
                            Yeah I saw them mate, maybe he just spooked, it can happen unknowingly with the younger horses more so. Next time will be a different story I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              Somebody on here I'm sure, (sorry can't remember who) mentioned a horse called KESSELRING?

Rumours on social media are that Mullins acquired the horse off Hannon and is their Supreme horse!

Time will tell I suppose and the betting of course!
                              Heard nothing on this horse bar a few Tweets on Twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Doesn't like hurdles
                                Not watched yet, will do later.
                                I do know they schooled the horse extensively so if he doesn't jump them now he probably never will, they popped him over a few before the Aintree bumper last year as they were considering a novice hurdle at the National meeting at one time...

Comment

Working...
                                X