Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Good to see Ok Corral back today, albeit the race has all the makings of a nice little touch for Henderson.
    Henderson's perceived 2nd string has a fair line of form with ainchea being a decent horse. So atleast there is a little substance to the race.
    I'm hoping ok corral is still a nice horse full of potential.
    But you make a valid point.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Henderson's perceived 2nd string has a fair line of form with ainchea being a decent horse. So atleast there is a little substance to the race.
      I'm hoping ok corral is still a nice horse full of potential.
      But you make a valid point.
      Could also be ideal for getting Ok Corral handicapped for a tilt at a handicap maybe Scooby?

Comment

• Job done Nicky.

Comment

• Have Ok Corral any race so would be lovely if they can get him into a handicap, County Hurdle perhaps? Good run all things considered and Barry was overly animated coming down the stretch there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Could also be ideal for getting Ok Corral handicapped for a tilt at a handicap maybe Scooby?
            I haven't watched it yet tbh. But behind yorkhill he looked like further would suit. But to be fair yorkhill went off like a mad man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I haven't watched it yet tbh. But behind yorkhill he looked like further would suit. But to be fair yorkhill went off like a mad man.
              I was thinking Coral Cup for him. Not sure that many novices would normally run in it, but he is an 8yo and JP will obviously want as many darts as possible.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Can't Catch Me;52126]I was thinking Coral Cup for him. Not sure that many novices would normally run in it,

He would be under 140 id have thought. So possibly martin pipe more likely.
                He could go anywhere tbh but up in trip will be the job. Hopefully he comes back sound. As it seems like that's an achievement in itself

Comment

• [QUOTE=Scooby91;52127]
                  Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                  I was thinking Coral Cup for him. Not sure that many novices would normally run in it,

He would be under 140 id have thought. So possibly martin pipe more likely.
                  He could go anywhere tbh but up in trip will be the job. Hopefully he comes back sound. As it seems like that's an achievement in itself
                  Hard to get a handle on the ratings for novices but have looked at a few formlines that would potentially give Whatswrongwithyou a mark somewhere in the early 130's so on that basis, Ok Corral might only need one run in a decent handicap to sneak in. But yes Martin Pipe probably more likely, was just thinking of his age.

Comment

• Not to restart a debate (though I enjoyed reading it) but after listening to Patrick yesterday on the racing post postcast I get the impression that if Sharjah really impresses and wins the Deloitte then Sharjah will go here and Getabird the Ballymore. He was keen to stress that they have Sharjah as well, which is the most confidence I’ve heard for that horse from someone in the yard. The fact they know Getabird stays and has that turn of foot also... I think they (and Ricci who doesn’t shy away from a challenge) might think he is genuinely capable of putting it up to Samcro in the Ballymore. All dependent on Sharjah impressing at leopardstown first of course. If Sharjah puts in a performance that would make him favourite without Getabird then Ricci would surely see his best chance of winning both races as Sharjah Supreme, Getabird Ballymore

Comment

• I think Sharjah is Mullins Supreme horse and backed him in an open race, Getabird for the Ballymore and Next Destination for the Potato race.

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
                        I think Sharjah is Mullins Supreme horse and backed him in an open race, Getabird for the Ballymore and Next Destination for the Potato race.
                        Agree. Think that gives Mullins the best chance of winning all three races and think that’s how it will play out, assuming two things: that Sharjah wins the Deloitte impressively, that it’s good spring ground at the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                          Agree. Think that gives Mullins the best chance of winning all three races and think that’s how it will play out, assuming two things: that Sharjah wins the Deloitte impressively, that it’s good spring ground at the festival
                          Completely agree and happy others are getting on it. Too much Getabird hype for the Supreme, although if I had 5/1 or above I would be sitting happy. I'v been nibbling on Sharjah 12.0 and Getabird 13.0 on the exchanges this week.

Sharjah was 1.04 when falling at the last. If he made it over and with the speed he showed that day, he could easily have been the Supreme hype horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                            Completely agree and happy others are getting on it. Too much Getabird hype for the Supreme, although if I had 5/1 or above I would be sitting happy. I'v been nibbling on Sharjah 12.0 and Getabird 13.0 on the exchanges this week.

Sharjah was 1.04 when falling at the last. If he made it over and with the speed he showed that day, he could easily have been the Supreme hype horse.
                            Sharjah has speed for sure. Collateral french flat form is not far at all behind Enable, think he'll be even better on good ground. Hopefully the deloitte is on good ground and he can show his best. If he doesn't win the deloitte then Getabird supreme looks a given

Comment

• I have Getabird backed now for the supreme but nrnb. That whole lot will be loaded back onto him for the ballymore if he heads there, i'd have him favourite over Samcro for sure on what we know so far

Comment

• The only thing I would say.

If someone is looking at this thread who hasn't had a bet yet and fancies sharjah for the supreme. I would advise they take the 2pts shorter for nrnb and put a shade more on to compensate for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X