Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Lick View Post
    Yeah just seen the betting for the race. Do you think Western Ryder will enhance his claims ?
    Should go close but not much depth to the race to enhance his claims hugely.

1st Western ryder
    2nd mont des avaloirs
    3rd summerville boy
    4th kalashnikov
    Last edited by Scooby91; 4 January 2018, 07:56 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
      Debuchet still a player here after his run on Boxing Day?

Watched a re-run and looked like he needed the run.

Anyone hear any quotes from the Trainer?
      Mags Mullins did warn prior to his run in Leopardstown that she would have liked to have gotten a run into him as he had missed some work and that no matter what he was going to come on for the run.

Danny echoed this in a preview of the same race :
      "I ride Debuchet in this race who of course is trained by my mother Mags, he’s a horse who did very well last season and he’s one to look forward to here. We wanted to get him out a bit sooner but he had a small wind operation which, although was fairly minor, it was definitely a setback. At the moment at home we’re very happy with him and although he’s fit and ready he’s going to improve from the run which most horse do after their first outing of the year."
      https://www.thetote.com/cms/Tote%20Betting%20Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Zipiter View Post
        Mags Mullins did warn prior to his run in Leopardstown that she would have liked to have gotten a run into him as he had missed some work and that no matter what he was going to come on for the run.

Danny echoed this in a preview of the same race :
        "I ride Debuchet in this race who of course is trained by my mother Mags, he’s a horse who did very well last season and he’s one to look forward to here. We wanted to get him out a bit sooner but he had a small wind operation which, although was fairly minor, it was definitely a setback. At the moment at home we’re very happy with him and although he’s fit and ready he’s going to improve from the run which most horse do after their first outing of the year."
        https://www.thetote.com/cms/Tote%20Betting%20Blog

Thanks! Pretty much how it looked also.

Are we still thinking he's a Supreme horse? Or possibly a step up in trip...

I guess entries will tell all.

Comment

• That Paddy Power Future Champions Hurdle was a serious race if you look at the sectionals. Considering it was run at such a fierce pace, for Sharjah to still be tanking on the bridle coming to the last marks him out as a real contender. His flat speed is decent so I'd hope he would have put the race to bed after the last. Assuming he's none the worse for his fall think i'm tempted to go in again before the off

Comment

• Does anyone else find it weird when other people tip up Western Ryder?

I kinda feel like he's ours

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
              Does anyone else find it weird when other people tip up Western Ryder?

Was certainly a part of most people's festival last year.

I'm surprised he hasn't stepped up in trip barf on my own visual impression however I've been told the trainer very much sees him as a Supreme horse this season.

I hope he does beat Kalashnikov at the weekend as Kalashnikov is the shortest horse in the supreme betting that I've not backed

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                Does anyone else find it weird when other people tip up Western Ryder?

Haha, i'm definitely with you!

Although he cost me fortunes in last years bumper, i've stuck with him and got a few tasty prices on the exchanges for this years supreme. I'm more than happy for people to tip him up though, the shorter he is come the day, the more likely I am to starting laying

Comment

• A bit of Debuchet news...

Mullins said: "He's good and came out of the race in good form.

"I was delighted with the way he ran. I suppose he was the high-profile horse in the race and everyone expects them to win, but I was delighted with him.

"He jumped well apart from one mistake and even then he was quick away from the hurdle. He took a blow turning for home, but we felt he'd come on from it and he has."

"We might leave him now until the new weekend in Leopardstown (Dublin Racing Festival, February 3 and 4).

"There is the Graded novice hurdle for him (Deloitte Novice Hurdle) and that's where we might go, but I'll talk to the owners.

"He's in right order at the moment."

Comment

• Can anyone enlighten me about kalashnikov. Is it the style of his wins???
                    Because I really don't get it, his forms poor in the context of a supreme.
                    He was ridden along to beat Irish prophesy who'd be a 100/1 shot in the supreme and I don't see him much better than summerville boy.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 5 January 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Can anyone enlighten me about kalashnikov. Is it the style of his wins???
                      Because I really don't get it, his forms poor. In the context of a supreme.
                      Unbeaten and unexposed still because of the easy wins?
                      Progressive so far ....

If he wins tomorrow he would be a lively UK contender.

Don't fancy him myself ... as I said before though, first one I've not got covered haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Unbeaten and unexposed still because of the easy wins?
                        Progressive so far ....

If he wins tomorrow he would be a lively UK contender.

Don't fancy him myself ... as I said before though, first one I've not got covered haha
                        Any of them bar probably russian doyen I'd have thought would be unbeaten if they ran in the same races as kalashnikov.
                        Think he's massively under priced, We will see tomorrow if he can dispatch these. But I don't think he will.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 5 January 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          Can anyone enlighten me about kalashnikov. Is it the style of his wins???
                          Because I really don't get it, his forms poor in the context of a supreme.
                          He was ridden along to beat Irish prophesy who'd be a 100/1 shot in the supreme and I don't see him much better than summerville boy.
                          Not for me either, but I suppose its the old adage of you can only beat whats in front of you. Three from three and fairly effortless in them all. So I suppose some are prepared to gamble that he could be anything.

Comment

• Is PYM still being aimed at the Supreme?

No, he wouldn’t be a Supreme horse and in my opinion he’ll get further so if it is anything the Ballymore will be more likely, but it’s a big if. He schooled this morning and jumped very well. I hope to have him out in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Not for me either, but I suppose its the old adage of you can only beat whats in front of you. Three from three and fairly effortless in them all. So I suppose some are prepared to gamble that he could be anything.
                              Would really confuse me if he won this without being all out. Interesting race all the same.

Comment

• It’s disappointing not be running CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN in the Tolworth Hurdle but to be honest it isn’t just because of the ground. Let’s not forget he only ran at Ascot two weeks ago and this comes up pretty quick so it makes sense to wait with him a little longer. He doesn’t need an awful lot of racing and I wouldn’t want him having a hard race at Sandown so we’ll look at something like the Morebattle Hurdle at Musselburgh, which we’ve won with Simonsig and Top Notch, or the Dovecote at Kempton could also be a possibility. I’d prefer to get him out on decent ground as he’d probably only need one run before Cheltenham anyway. He’s in great form and there is nothing wrong with him which is the most important thing.
                                Did that race used to be at Kelso? over 18f?

Comment

Working...
                                X