Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mengli Khan wasn't hurdling well, will need a confidence boosting run next time but went out too early to say he was beaten... nad too early to write him off at all, just a line through it for me.

Sharjah was travelling well up to the last and if it had been another jockey you'd have thought he had Real Steel covered.... BUT Real Steel was off the bridle and a little out paced maybe early on, and did well to be where he was?

Le Richbourg isn't good enough, the winner Whiskey Sour needs further as he was first off the bridle?

The bookies have cut Sharjah .... and ITCF and Claimantakinforgan

I think I said "whoever wins this race, wins the Supreme" ... if I didn't say it on the forum I definitely did to a couple of friends.... did NOT see that coming haha
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 27 December 2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• I see no reason to write off Mengli Khan or Sharjah though, both seemed to be traveling well at the time of their capitulations. That flat spot Reel Steel went through was very strange but the way he got back up to nearly win was exceptional.

Think I'll join Kev and make ITCF my number one.

Comment

• Im happy with my punt on Claimantakinforgan after watching that. Wasnt impressed with either MK or RS, Sharjah appeared to be travelling well and probably would have won, I'd be very surprised if all 3 of those make the Supreme

Comment

• Hoping for a good showing from Francin tomorrow, starting over 2m4f suggests Ballymore, but the Supreme could really do with a 'Melon.'

Comment

• I'm really excited to see what epicuris is made of tomorrow at limerick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
              Im happy with my punt on Claimantakinforgan after watching that. Wasnt impressed with either MK or RS, Sharjah appeared to be travelling well and probably would have won, I'd be very surprised if all 3 of those make the Supreme
              Claimantakinforgan has the best form in the book. Novice hurdlers ante post is a dangerous game ! I think someone on her stated it will be 7/2 Real Steal or Mengzi Khan after thi race and although you can't write hem off I won't be having anything on those two unless next race they perform much better

Comment

• Of all the ones to have run in the novice hurdles over the last two days, I thought If The Cap Fits probably still had the most potential. He looked a bit green and I suspect he'll improve. Just struck me as the rawest of them all. Wouldn't get carried away with him for the Supreme but those of you on early look like you've got him nicely covered and i think yesterday will have made a man of him after a couple of egg and spooners.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lick View Post
                  Claimantakinforgan has the best form in the book. Novice hurdlers ante post is a dangerous game ! I think someone on her stated it will be 7/2 Real Steal or Mengzi Khan after thi race and although you can't write hem off I won't be having anything on those two unless next race they perform much better
                  I think you could argue Mengli Khan has better form than Claimintakenforgan.... obviously not on the crashing out today, but prior to that...?

Comment

• Initial impression going to the last sharjah was going to bolt up and pull away like he did in lesser company.

On reflection his fall was that of a tired horse he probably would have won, but I'm not 100% sure and he diddnt actually look to have as much in the tank as I first thought. Hoping all 3 come back safe and sound. Assuming rightly or wrongly real steel could well step up in trip now. Although I'd like to see all 3 race again and get to finish.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I think you could argue Mengli Khan has better form than Claimintakenforgan.... obviously not on the crashing out today, but prior to that...?
                      It's very hard to assess that, either way would be a guess.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I still have no idea what to make of that race! Patrick Mullins reaction was telling where he threw the whip down on the floor having fallen. He clearly felt he would have won. Having been on the side of Real Steel (having been on him at 20/1 for the Supreme) I felt he was beaten if both had stayed up but considering how he went through the race it's testament to the horse he was in that position at the last. Daly Tiger runs tomorrow in the bumper at Leopardstown. Though it's back in a bumper a strong showing would help give a boost to Real Steel's debut.

If The Cap Fits probably holds the strongest claims on everything i've seen this year so far, at least visually and i've taken the generous Any Race odds highlighted elsewhere at 14/1. Though i'm covered if he goes elsewhere I'd be shocked if connections don't go for this race now.

I'm more than happy to have Claimantakinforgan at 25/1 in the book still. With Pym still to appear and Diese Des Bieffes being put in his place by ITCF he looks the clear number 1 for Henderson and with his record in the race that counts for a lot for me.

What I'd wish for the days of a clear Mullins hotpot again who would lineup at the festival with a bunch of 1's next to his name...it made the Supreme so much easier

Comment

• I am 100% chasing this race now, which I find difficult to take as it's the last thing I normally do, but Annamix was a big blow and elseemingly everything I then back afterwards fails to impress. Still have Mengli Khan covered but he's my main hope now. The Mullins lot don't look much IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            I am 100% chasing this race now, which I find difficult to take as it's the last thing I normally do, but Annamix was a big blow and elseemingly everything I then back afterwards fails to impress. Still have Mengli Khan covered but he's my main hope now. The Mullins lot don't look much IMO.
                            29 pts staked in this for me so I probably am as well

Although any of the shortest 4 on oddschecker (Mengli Khan, Sharjah, If The Cap Fits, Claimantakinforgan) return enough to make a decent profit at this stage.

The horse that Sharjah beat on his hurldes debut won a maiden today, Great Trango, which wasn't a strong race but always good to have winners in behind. On first thought you'd think Real Steel was the stable number 1 but they definitely don't always know and maybe Townend was getting used to Real Steel as it would be his ride in the Supreme as Ruby will be on something else anyway?

Comment

• I'm still struggling for this race but I know 10/1 for ITCF on bet 365 don't seem tempting when you get get 14/1 any race with PP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                I'm still struggling for this race but I know 10/1 for ITCF on bet 365 don't seem tempting when you get get 14/1 any race with PP!
                                Sorry Kev just seen you already flagged this up! My bad

Comment

Working...
                                X