Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme or Ballymore is the question now? I think he may find one or two of the Irish contenders too good, but I'm going to get stuck into him each way every week, looked really special there and still has room for improvement, looked very green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
      Supreme or Ballymore is the question now? I think he may find one or two of the Irish contenders too good, but I'm going to get stuck into him each way every week, looked really special there and still has room for improvement, looked very green.
      I don't know which race. That race he just ran in.

2016*Elgin 4 11-5 W Hutchinson 11/2 (Alan King)*
      2015*Altior 5 11-8 N de Boinville 11/8Fav (Nicky Henderson)*
      2014*Jollyallan 5 11-8 A P McCoy 5/4Fav (H Fry)*
      2013*Amore Alato 4 11-8 R Johnson 12/1 (Nick Williams)*
      2012*River Maigue 5 11-0 B J Geraghty 4/6Fav (Nicky Henderson)

You'd prob be edging supreme as I see nothing that beats him, although the original plan was to step up in trip. he has an excellent mix of speed and stamina.
      The form of his race he just won under a double penalty is rock solid. He wins all.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 26 December 2017, 12:08 PM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Menorah won that race and then went on to win the Supreme too.

Comment

• Jason Maguire says no decision as to which @CheltenhamRaces Festival race If The Cap Fits will be aimed at after his 5-length win @kemptonparkrace. Cut to 10-1 for Supreme

Comment

• Supreme does look likely, Mengli Khan a much weaker favourite than Samcro. Think I've been converted Scooby, I wasn't a massive fan but no denying whats right in front of your eyes. Interesting to see how his time compares with Buveur Dair later.

Comment

• "Noel said that whatever you ask of him he gives it to you. Hopefully it will continue all the way to March (Cheltenham).

"Noel said to mind him but we'll leave it up to Harry where he goes next.

"He naturally seems to be a good jumper, though you could argue a bit more experience would do him no harm.

"We're just slightly surprised at the speed he has shown on his last two runs."

Comment

• nice performance from ITCF today. One has to ask himself why he opted for this easy race instead of taking on graded company on Friday @Ascot.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                  nice performance from ITCF today. One has to ask himself why he opted for this easy race instead of taking on graded company on Friday @Ascot.
                  Trainer already had 1 in the race. Look at the form of if the cap fits races. Far from easy races. And nice collateral form. Was a strong race today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Trainer already had 1 in the race. Look at the form of if the cap fits races. Far from easy races. And nice collateral form. Was a strong race today.
                    which is interesting? but still hasn't run in graded company.

Comment

which is interesting? but still hasn't run in graded company.
                      Arguably it's harder to carry a double penalty in that company. But I think he's been campaigned very well personally. Like neon wolf was last year. There's only 1 graded race in March that matters this season

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Arguably it's harder to carry a double penalty in that company. But I think he's been campaigned very well personally. Like neon wolf was last year. There's only 1 graded race in March that matters this season
                        who was the last supreme winner to not have taken in graded company.

Comment

• If The Cap Fits' win exactly 3 seconds faster than Buveur D'airs later on the card.

Comment

who was the last supreme winner to not have taken in graded company.
                            It's a long time to Cheltenham doctor. Graded novice races are only a name. The 2nd 3rd 4th could all run in a graded race and be fully entitled to be there. Theres been far poorer graded novice hurdles than that both sides of the sea this season.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 26 December 2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Although it has to be noted Ar Mest set a relentless gallop.

Comment

• ITCF ... if you had to day now, where would you run him ?

Unbeaten over 2m will they find the Supreme too hard to resist? 16s any race but 33 ballymore are in my portfolio but I'm not confident about target

Comment

Working...
                                X