Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone , my first post so please go gentle. Firstly some great info flying around this site cheers.
    I had some inside info from inside Mullins yard concerning new recruit Epicuris.
    This was before the Annamix news seems to have broke.
    Epicuris stable lad "stables next door to Douvan , and such a tearaway he keeping the great horse awake.So much energy and trying to get him to settle is a nightmare , that said he is the Supreme winner 2018". This info came straight from stable jockey

Comment

Hello Beast. Some 33/1 available where priced up. Have you had a bet yourself - do you do much ante-post punting?

Comment

Hi Kev , yeah play betfair and been moppinh up big odds on the horse , will off load

Comment

Welcome The Beast. I read a tweet from @RealDouvan saying something similar, looking forward to seeing him on course ����

Comment

Might be porkie pies Paz , i am willing to believe comment like yourself , mopped up prices from 76/1 down to 40/1 .

Would pay for next years holiday if Im brave. Do like his race profile , 6th in Derby behind Golden Horn then campaigned at a mile.

He should have the toe to hold his position in fast run supreme if they can learn the horse to settle.Hopefully leaving enough petrol for the famous hill before pulling clear.

Live in HOPE

Comment

If he's gone to Willie he will certainly have been schooled well enough

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                If he's gone to Willie he will certainly have been schooled well enough
                Another once raced Supreme fav for us to look forward to

Who can rememebr the stats about UK flat runners in the Supreme? From memory (and from expereince backing First Mohican ante post - didn't run anyway) it is pretty poor? Not a reason to be put off IMO but maybe someone has some more detailed info.

Comment

A mate of mine was in the owners and trainers bar at the weekend and asked Mullins jokingly his supreme horse for next year to which he replied 'sayar'

Comment

Any thoughts on getabird?

Hot fav for the bumper and now as big as 20/1?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Any thoughts on getabird?

Hot fav for the bumper and now as big as 20/1?
                      I could see Getabird being the Ricci / Mullins Neptune horse come March HF, stayed on well in both bumper wins and from the Points over 3miles. Hopefully more will come to light in Mark Howards Book

Comment

Agree Getabird looked very promising and was up there as Fav most of season (maybe Ricci/Mullins factor) who knows, I think would of ran a cracker too, possible Neptune winner

Comment

Getabird will be a monster over fences,looked like a chaser in its bumpers

Comment

Makitorix for Mullins ran very well today at Listowel , beat probably trees but impressive all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                              Makitorix for Mullins ran very well today at Listowel , beat probably trees but impressive all the same.
                              2m on heavy, on debut in September. Not a supreme candidate to my mind.

Oon getabird they definitely said he had pace and stamina ... which they say you need for the neptune and supreme.... no help there then

Comment

Fayonagh has to be the ante post lay of the festival for this race IMO. Unsure why connections would want to go down the Supreme route when they have a more solid, potential winner in waiting for the Mares' Novice Hurdle.

All trends tell you she has little chance in this race, being a mare (although relatively inconclusive as only 5 have run in the last 10 years, but only 1 placed) and a 7 year old (by the time the race comes around). It doesn't seem many high profile trainers send their best Mares to this race, so I can't see them lining her up here, and even if she does line up here she has a man mountain to climb to place, let alone win it!

Comment

Working...
                                X